Intelligroup Reviews

Vikram Gulati

1. Solution Architect

Former Employee - Solution Architect in Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Solution Architect in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Intelligroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally good company to work for. There is opportunity for growth, and the company generally prefers to promote from within, so I think that helps if you want to make a career there.

Cons

Sometimes work/life balance just gets thrown out the window, especially around crunch time. Then the expectations are just completely out line. That doesn't happen often, but I think mid-level managers could do a little better job of planning.

2. The pay rate was ok. Once the Indian managers took-over operations, morale plummeted.

I worked at Intelligroup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay was ok but we had the pay before being outsourced to that company. Intelligroup was forced to take the American workers onboard so the parent could refuse to pay retirements to those who were close to retiring. Apparently, finding a different but equivalent job for workers was written in the contract for that reason. When we were under U.S. citizen management, everything was great. Once foreign-born Indians began management, the site went downhill.

Cons

If you were not a part of the HOT technology group, the company ignored you. If they didn't understand the difficulty of your work they cut your manpower below minimums and assigned to higher level techs who had no idea what they were doing and caused more harm (work for us) than good (helping us and the customer out).

Advice to Management

Don't just concentrate on the sections who have the skillsets you understand. Customer service and broad knowledge is just as important as specialization in some cases. Reconsider your policy of promoting technical savvy people through management and the chain of command. At certain levels, you need people skills to handle internal and sometimes external issues. Though technically proficient, management lacks 'heart'.

3. Worked for subsidiary

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Intelligroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People in subsidiary were good, but most left shortly after the acquisition

Cons

See above. Nearly all the talented consultants headed for the door a couple of years after the acquisition by Intelligrouo

5. Good working at ITIG

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Intelligroup full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work, challening
    Got to explore good ares of technology
    If you are capable, you can grow

Cons

Salary... very low compared to industry standards, though they claim to be on par.
    Health benefits are not that great. Most industries are getting into similar kind of plans, but the choices compared to what used to be there vs now are very poor.

Advice to Management

Invest in employees, make salaries on par with industry standards.

6. Good

Former Employee - Applications Systems Analyst in Princeton, NJ
    Former Employee - Applications Systems Analyst in Princeton, NJ

I worked at Intelligroup

Pros

Good Compensation and good management

Cons

No technology training given here

7. Overall My Experience with Intelligroup is Ok

Current Employee - Bodyshoping Company in Phenix City, AL
    Current Employee - Bodyshoping Company in Phenix City, AL

I have been working at Intelligroup

Pros

Best place to work as a contractor but not good for permanent.

Cons

Management is Poor.
    In few occasions i have seen manager behavior like a childish.

Advice to Management

Improve sales team to get new projects
    Improve medical benefits to all employees
    Improve management leadership qualities

8. Intelligroup Can be a Professional Trap

I have been working at Intelligroup

Pros

It can be an easy stepping stone to gain some experience for new recruits.

Cons

Be prepared to start ok then get slowly stripped of any and all benefits including pay increases. COLA is Coke or Pepsi to them.

I also question their technical expertise and language problems, despite having a major English influence, historically. Most customers get frustrated by one or the other. Sometimes, language issues seem to hide technical ignorance. I cannot say if this is inadvertant or on purpose, however. It may be on a case by case basis.

Advice to Management

Happy employees make for happy customers. Technical training is great for customer application but not so good for management who have no people skills or concerns for human capital.

9. Intelligroup is the worst of both worlds

Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Principal Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Intelligroup

Pros

There is no reason to be at intelligroup when you have talent and when the job market is really good. You can join at Director level directly and get paid for being non billable.

Cons

You are better off working hourly rate. Intelligroup has become the walmart for good consultants. I pity all the guys who are stuck because of their green cards.

Advice to Management

Management is a joke. All they did was cut cost which anyone can do. A small time grocery shop owner can cut costs to save busines, what he cannot do is build a super market. Intelli is managed like a gulli retail shop. Nobody cares as it is sold to NTT data.

10. Good for freshers

I have been working at Intelligroup

Pros

This company can be used as an entry point for freshers to enter the Software Industry.

Full time employees salary is equal to other big companies

Cons

Top management is incompetent.
    No growth opportunities.
    They don't know how to utilize good resources.

Advice to Management

Please concentrate on winning the credibility from the client side. Change the obsolete policies. Be quick in making decisions atleast for minor things.

Do not spoil career joining Intelligroup Inc.

Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Edison, NJ
    Former Employee - Principal Consultant in Edison, NJ

I worked at Intelligroup

Pros

Lateral salaries in US. Except this there are no good things about this company. In fact company of such size offers good salaries at onsite means that once project get over, you will be fired.

Cons

No professionalism. Incompetent Managers and sales team. It would be better working for staff augmenting company thank work with Intelligroup. Vikram Gulati is known for his selfishness.
    Never ever think of joining this company in US. They have fired their H1 consultants big time. This company is known for worst culture. This company has no place in IT now. Their strategy would be useually to hire consultants on full time, so that they can make more consulting dollars from client and once project get over, they will become ruthless and fire with out mercy. Check with any consultant in LinkedIn or whereever you meet. I have not come across single person who said good things about this company.

Advice to Management

This company has routes from Satyam. So thir thinking and work culture resembles much. I think its the time to find a big fish and accept any take over bid. I do not see any future for this company if it works alone.

Intelligroup Photos