Intelligroup

www.intelligroup.com

Intelligroup Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Intelligroup – Shanghai – “view”

Intelligroup – Shanghai – “view”

Intelligroup President, CEO, and Director Vikram Gulati

Vikram Gulati

Solution Architect

Solution Architect (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsGenerally good company to work for. There is opportunity for growth, and the company generally prefers to promote from within, so I think that helps if you want to make a career there.

ConsSometimes work/life balance just gets thrown out the window, especially around crunch time. Then the expectations are just completely out line. That doesn't happen often, but I think mid-level managers could do a little better job of planning.

Worked for subsidiary

Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsPeople in subsidiary were good, but most left shortly after the acquisition

ConsSee above. Nearly all the talented consultants headed for the door a couple of years after the acquisition by Intelligrouo

Good working at ITIG

Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGood work, challening
    Got to explore good ares of technology
    If you are capable, you can grow

ConsSalary... very low compared to industry standards, though they claim to be on par.
    Health benefits are not that great. Most industries are getting into similar kind of plans, but the choices compared to what used to be there vs now are very poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees, make salaries on par with industry standards.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

Applications Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Princeton, NJ

ProsGood Compensation and good management

ConsNo technology training given here

Overall My Experience with Intelligroup is Ok

Bodyshoping Company (Current Employee) Phenix City, AL

ProsBest place to work as a contractor but not good for permanent.

ConsManagement is Poor.
    In few occasions i have seen manager behavior like a childish.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove sales team to get new projects
    Improve medical benefits to all employees
    Improve management leadership qualities

Intelligroup Can be a Professional Trap

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsIt can be an easy stepping stone to gain some experience for new recruits.

ConsBe prepared to start ok then get slowly stripped of any and all benefits including pay increases. COLA is Coke or Pepsi to them.

I also question their technical expertise and language problems, despite having a major English influence, historically. Most customers get frustrated by one or the other. Sometimes, language issues seem to hide technical ignorance. I cannot say if this is inadvertant or on purpose, however. It may be on a case by case basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy employees make for happy customers. Technical training is great for customer application but not so good for management who have no people skills or concerns for human capital.

Intelligroup is the worst of both worlds

Senior Principal Consultant (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThere is no reason to be at intelligroup when you have talent and when the job market is really good. You can join at Director level directly and get paid for being non billable.

ConsYou are better off working hourly rate. Intelligroup has become the walmart for good consultants. I pity all the guys who are stuck because of their green cards.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is a joke. All they did was cut cost which anyone can do. A small time grocery shop owner can cut costs to save busines, what he cannot do is build a super market. Intelli is managed like a gulli retail shop. Nobody cares as it is sold to NTT data.

Good for freshers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsThis company can be used as an entry point for freshers to enter the Software Industry.

Full time employees salary is equal to other big companies

ConsTop management is incompetent.
    No growth opportunities.
    They don't know how to utilize good resources.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease concentrate on winning the credibility from the client side. Change the obsolete policies. Be quick in making decisions atleast for minor things.

Do not spoil career joining Intelligroup Inc.

Principal Consultant (Former Employee) Edison, NJ

ProsLateral salaries in US. Except this there are no good things about this company. In fact company of such size offers good salaries at onsite means that once project get over, you will be fired.

ConsNo professionalism. Incompetent Managers and sales team. It would be better working for staff augmenting company thank work with Intelligroup. Vikram Gulati is known for his selfishness.
    Never ever think of joining this company in US. They have fired their H1 consultants big time. This company is known for worst culture. This company has no place in IT now. Their strategy would be useually to hire consultants on full time, so that they can make more consulting dollars from client and once project get over, they will become ruthless and fire with out mercy. Check with any consultant in LinkedIn or whereever you meet. I have not come across single person who said good things about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company has routes from Satyam. So thir thinking and work culture resembles much. I think its the time to find a big fish and accept any take over bid. I do not see any future for this company if it works alone.

Good

ProsNice place to work at.

ConsNo good hikes. It is irrespective of work.

Worked for Intelligroup? Contribute to the Community!