Intelliloan

www.intelliloan.com

Intelliloan Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Claudia Nelson

Great company with amazing opportunities for growth!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsClose-knit office environment makes every day fun and exciting! If you are motivated and hard working, the opportunities for advancement are there. After all, you have to work hard to play hard! Great pay and benefits. They have created a supportive dynamic for their employees to succeed and really take the time to foster growth.

ConsThe occasional Saturday shift, but at least it's not every Saturday.

Decent mortgage company

Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

Prosprovides endless amounts of leads

Consculture and values is not there- management thinks they can do whatever they want with no consequence

Great company to work for

Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThey have a great training program. Being newly out of college they helped learn alot about the industry. I do not know of very many companies that train like they do. You are given the opportunity to get your licensing as while you work in their customer service department. Everyone is very helpful and all want to see you succeed. People are not sharky and management do anything to help. Sales however was not for me so I'm moving towards other ventures. All the resources are available to you.

ConsNothing much I can say. Anybody that I saw struggle here was not the companies fault. You get what you put in.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very stressful job with a lot of hours.

Mst (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsMSTs help each other out, you can pick up overtime shifts to make more money.

ConsThe company is all numbers and hitting quotas. If you don't hit numbers you get fired, there is no stability here and a lot of people either quit of get fired on a regular basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so pushy and fire people too easily to motivate them, the fear of people getting fired for not hitting numbers is not a great way to run a company.

A turn and burn company

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsDescent technology, but that can be found at many mortgage places.

Conshorrible processing, files taking 60-120 days to close, I once had a VA loan that took 6 months before they denied it, horrible management, no loyalty to employees whatsoever, unhappy work environment, a fear based management style, too slow to correct internal issues, too slow to find the marketing plan that works, unhealthy, hostile and abusive work environment, an employee that stays 6 months is a veteran.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou always think your right. About 30% of the time you are.

6 months at Intelliloan through July 2013 - Daniel Christian

Loan Officer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsI will go ahead and put my name on this since otherwise, you don't know if it's real or not as "anonymous".

Some pluses in MY EXPERIENCE were an owner who makes the phone ring, I had a fantastic manager in Paul Bourne (as well as Keith R.) and the processors were great on my files. Christina Mcgeary, Rachel Barnes, etc. were great.

Myself and quite a few people I worked with liked the general feel of the place. I found it well lit and clean and a relaxed place to work. My co-workers were cool.

I made right about 50k in 6 months. At the end of the day, the company benefited me.

ConsThe rates went through the roof which has hurt a lot of people. I think some more competitive programs to combat this would be good. I believe this is being worked on.

I don't know that I am fond of the "rookie split" which people who have no loan expierience were getting, but I heard they are working to change that.

I'll be honest, a lot of companies didn't take me on right away because I had been out of the industry awhile and this company did. So I will be grateful for them for that.

Paul Bourne was a fantastic fit for me as a manager along with Keith Reese.

Up until the last month or so, it was enjoyable for me to come in every day. A lot of the last month had to do with losing a 40 loan pipeline to a high rate environment.

Were there one or two things, which I, having been a top producer felt weren't fair. There were. At the end of the day, I was able to hit my goals here.

good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsProduction-oriented environment with clear goals and loads of support. Clear path to management. Attractive, fun, comfortable, professional work environment. Surprisingly good benefits! Only 6 loan officers per sales manager so you get lots of support. Multiple sources of leads! If you are driven you can really make a lot of money here.

ConsIt is a production environment so if you are not self-motivated it may not be for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm impressed with what you've built so keep doing what you're doing. It seems like you care, which is cool.

This is not a great place to work; there are better companies out there.

Loan Analyst I (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsI was a Customer Service Representative for about 4 months before I requested to be transferred to Operations. (While I was a CSR, I got my Mortgage Loan Originator license through the California Department of Corporations. However, after spending months working at a call center, I realized that I didn't want to be on the phone with clients for the vast majority of my day, so I chose not to become a Loan Officer after getting my license.) When I was finally transferred to Operations, I started working in the Documents/Disclosures department. Initially, I thought that the Operations job was a good fit for me, but I quickly realized that it wasn't. The pay and benefits are decent, and the job itself is not that difficult (at least, the job I was doing wasn't that difficult), but the work environment definitely wasn't the best. See my list of cons for more information.

ConsThis section represents the heart of my review because I have a whole list of cons about my work experience at this company.

1. I regularly worked 10-12 hours per day as a Loan Analyst, and I often worked on Saturdays. Granted, I had never worked at a mortgage company before working here, so maybe these hours are normal at mortgage companies and I'm just not aware of that. However, I think that these hours are completely ridiculous. I have no problem working from 8 am to 5 pm every weekday and coming in on some Saturdays, but I hate being forced to work from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm or 8 pm every weekday. Why can't employees' hours be scaled back a little bit?

2. The company's turnover rate is high (i.e., people are hired, quit, or are fired all time). This is especially true in the Sales department, but I think it's also true in Operations. An unnamed person I worked with in Operations was only at the company for less than 2 months before he was let go, and as a Loan Analyst, I would regularly see new hires walking in and getting a tour of the Park Plaza office.

3. When I was a Loan Analyst -- and when I was a CSR, as well -- I often felt like I was in a high school locker room. I look young for my age, so I'm sure I blended in with my young group of coworkers in that respect, but I'm actually 25, and most of my coworkers seemed to be fresh out of college and a little immature. They gossiped, told tasteless jokes, etc. Some of them were nice people, and many of them were all able to get their work done somehow, but I don't miss my work environment at all.

4. A lot of the borrowers I spoke to on the phone were rude and/or aggressive. This was true when I was cold calling people as a Customer Service Representative, and it was true when I was working in Operations. I'd say that polite borrowers were definitely in the minority.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy #1 piece of advice to management is to give someone a warning or discipline that person before outright terminating him/her. I was let go in June of this year because there had apparently been "several complaints" about the way I spoke to borrowers on the phone, and when I asked how many complaints there were, I wasn't given a number or any real details about the complaints. In fact, prior to being let go, I received nothing but compliments about my "strong work ethic" and whatnot, so this termination came as a little bit of a shock to me. I'd rather have been given a warning and a chance to improve on my weaknesses than be terminated with zero notice. Similarly, other people I know who were terminated were let go suddenly and without warning -- and these weren't always bad employees, either. This brings me to my next point: Management should have more respect for their employees. If you actually value someone's time and effort at the company, don't treat him/her like an expendable person, and try not to let so many people go when they've only been working at the company for less than a year.

All in all, being let go was a bit of a blessing in disguise. I feel much less stressed out these days, and I'm free to find a job that's a better fit for me. I don't completely regret my experience at the company because I think the experience taught me more about myself and what kind of career I want, but if I hadn't been let go, I probably would have quit. In my opinion, this is not a great place to work for the long term.

Sales

Sales (Current Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsIntelliloan provides a positive work environment and culture! A very solid company that encourages growth and open communication from the bottom up! The CEO is very involved witht the daily operations and is the first to roll up his sleeves and help out where needed, A true leader! The management team is supportive and also assists in creating a fun team work environment.

ConsCommunication could be a little better from the top down. Eliminate the formal dress attire!!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue doing what your doing! More team building events would help and show appreciations to all.

Lots of customer complaints and employees fired!!!!!!!

Loan Officer (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsGood Pay, some coworkers were nice, the

ConsYou can make good money as a Loan Officer, but only if you produce. The upper management of this company is horrible because they fire people without warning and don't care much about customer complaints. You will have loans that should be a slam dunk that will not go through because of the ridiculous underwriting conditions. I would not recommend this company to anybody because the turnover rate is so high and the micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemove the formal attire and cut the hours.

Worked for Intelliloan? Contribute to the Community!