Inter-Con Security

Add Photos

Rick Hernandez Jr.

Overall get experience

Security Officer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsExcellent pay and work schedule

ConsNo medical benefits or proper vacation time off

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more opportunities with advancement

They cheat you out of money

Security Officer (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Proscurrently high wage, but is dropping.

ConsThe try to hide your vacation time. If you don't complain, they don't pay you for it. If you quit, you loose it all. They do everything they can to not pay you a bonus.
    The randomly rotate you to any shift they choose for no reason.
    The routinely screw up payroll, which requires more arguing just to get payed for hours you have worked.
    They had a lawsuit about breaks, and not paying for them, which has lead to a weird shift layout.
    You can not work up the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix local management. Having local management complain to people, that they had to pay a 6 figure tax to the government, when we get peanuts does not make for happy employees.

Sub Par Company

Supervisor (Current Employee) Alexandria, LA

ProsGood Pay/Good equipment to do job

ConsBad Management and lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementAssist lower management with logistics

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not trustworthy

ProsSponsorship for government security clearance.

Consextremely underpaid, overworked, no benefits, horrible management

Poor work environment but good co-workers.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery organized, if a member of management can't answer a question for you, they work to find the answer quickly.

ConsOver many occurrences I have seen the company disregard their employees needs and wishes for their bottom line. The company provides employees with the bare minimum to perform their duties as required within their contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with more respect, you have great people who work hard for you.

Not a place to stay.

Armed Security Job (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsGood pay, obtained a clearance.

ConsWill not work with employees, management is disconnected.

By far the worst working experience of my career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsPeers & co-workers were a pleasure to work with - if for no other reason - because we all had a common enemy, upper management / executive team.

ConsConstantly in fear of losing my job for absolutely no reason whatsoever. The culture of this place was very, very dry. Executive team holds a military mind and shuns new thoughts and ideas. "My way or the highway" train of thought. It does not yield a culture of teamwork or togetherness. Middle management (for the most part) is quite nice and very knowledgeable. Leaving this place for a new job was the best step I could have possibly taken in my career.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop fueling a culture that terrorizes employees if they make (small) mistakes. It does not produce loyal employees. Also, paying employees what they're worth (or even what the market dictates) would improve the atmosphere greatly.

Outside of the "Government" this is the most dishonest employer in the country.

Security Guard (Current Employee)

ProsThere are none for this company,

ConsThey are late in paying mileage reimbursement to outlying desert sites, some of which are 100 miles travel time one way (200 both ways) and then lie about when the checks are coming. They wiped out a work force of 100 security employees in the high desert between San Bernardino and Barstow and replace them with amateurs and people with little or no background in security, except a $40.00 internet guard card.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust like I would say to the Emperor Obama--get outta town!

It would take more than one sentence--it would take several paragraphs which I have already posted elsewhere.

Security Guard (Current Employee) Victorville, CA

ProsThere aren't any at Inter-Con.

ConsPoor management from Pasadena, low hours, problems in getting mileage reimbursement back in a timely fashion. I/C is a direct mirror of the Obama Regime.

Advice to Senior Managementcome on out to the high desert region north of Victorville and spend a joyful, rollicking 8 hours in 30 degree cold.

Bad review

Security Officer (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsIt has good pay, you get a 401K also

ConsThe company doesn't care about the employees and that they have a life outside work

Advice to Senior ManagementCare more for the employees. they are people also.

Worked for Inter-Con Security? Contribute to the Community!