InterContinental Hotels

InterContinental Hotels Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

InterContinental Hotels CEO Richard Solomons

Richard Solomons

Pros
  • Company really values people of all types and their work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, good working environment(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • You see some employees in upper management behave inappropriately and unprofessionally(in 12 reviews)

• Low pay hard to deal with management no benifits or health insurance(in 7 reviews)

Great Place to work

Field Based Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDevelopment opportunities, Learning opportunities, Great Company Ambition, Great Employee Feedback

I have enjoyed working for the company and am proud to be a part of the IHG Family. I think that we have a great ambition set out by our CEO that will help to carry us many years into the future. I look forward to working for the company for years to come.

ConsWork Life Balance, can be the biggest con. We work to be operationally efficient but sometimes to the point of not being able to dedicate as much time as may be needed for each client. This is something that we continue to work on, our field teams are very focused on our franchisees and helping them succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to lead us in a direction that will help to build our company into the future. Help us continue to drive to have that ambition of being #1!!!!

Great company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat places to work, a lot of places around the world

ConsJust hard to move up with out knowing any one

Good start-up with a room to grow

Front Office (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosthe company gives you a room to grow and time to learn

Consevery day is challenge

Advice to Senior Management...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Hotel Company

Hotel GM (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsCompany is just the right size. Big enough to make a difference and small enough to make it unique.

ConsLimited local growth with full service opportunities. Mostly limited service coming into the market.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep hiring the right people

Once was a great company that appreciated people. Now it is all about the numbers.

Communications Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsRich corporate culture (Winning Ways), most of management really cares about their people. Internal promotion.

ConsCompany doesn't have much focus as we are trying to run too quickly and implement before we are ready. Too much focus on numbers and not necessarily quality.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the basics. Stop hiring people who care more about the numbers and not much about service. Focus on really being #1 for our guests, owners and colleagues. Really pay attention to our Winning Ways and making sure that we are focusing on that AND Winning. Seems like Winning is the focus.

Horrible support

Department Head (Current Employee) Boxborough, MA

Prosthere are no pros to working here

ConsThere is no support from management. Everything is looked over and nothing happens. Managers hold a do what is say not as I do attitude. Very disappointing

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider supporting the people who keep you in business. Shame on you for doing nothing when things are so very wrong

Easy work, awful management.

Reservations Agent (Former Employee) West Valley City, UT

ProsThe job is easy. The people are nice. Unfortunately the company is run by a group of completely incompetent monkeys.

ConsUnfortunately the company is run by a group of completely incompetent monkeys.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsult someone with a legitimate sense for business before making irreversible and enormous changes in a fortune 500 company.

Working WIth IHG.

Room Attendant (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsFirst The Workers Are Great And You Will Build Long Lasting Friendships.Great Place To Work.

ConsWnen Business Slow Downs In Season Changing.

Fun environment with a close team that supported each other and worked together for a common goal

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSupportive management, close knit team environment, hard work and detail rewarded

ConsBusiness dictates short notice on schedule therefore hard to make plans outside of work

IHG is a good company to work for

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsPeople are very nice and professional

ConsLeadership needs to be more aware of peoples feelings and job responsibilities...

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!