InterContinental Hotels

InterContinental Hotels Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

InterContinental Hotels CEO Richard Solomons

Richard Solomons

Pros
  • Company really values people of all types and their work life balance(in 20 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, good working environment(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • You see some employees in upper management behave inappropriately and unprofessionally(in 12 reviews)

• Senior management didn't care, they are only interested in opening hotels and keeping management contracts at all costs(in 7 reviews)

Great place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsA 4-Diamond luxury hotel on the waterfront.
    Overall great learning and professional-growth experience.

ConsNo cons to share about this organization.

I liked working there

Director IT (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGood environment to work. Lots of great people

ConsThe commute to Alpharetta was horrible

Not a progressive management style

ProsGreat staff throughout the hotel. Some special events to thanks employees throughout
    the year. Free cafeteria (however most of the time is not very good or very healthy)

ConsLack of mobility- If you are good at your position there is very little chance of moving up

Advice to Senior ManagementApply progressive management style

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Could have been great, would love to return in a different department...

Manager - Interactive Marketing (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCompany really values people of all types and their work life balance. Lots of recognition and opportunity for advancement/movement within company, including roles in other countries! Lots of fun events keep employees energized and informed. Hotel perks don't hurt either!

ConsLeadership in my department was lacking industry expertise and cohesive strategy. Created a stressful, disorganized experience for those managing delivery teams.

F&B Dept

Food and Beverage Team Leader (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsDiscounts on hotel stays, minimum wage is standard plus tips. Free room during bad weather. Flexible scheduling.

ConsManagement doesn't report complaints to corporate. Departments don't communicate. Issues with payroll. W2 not received until mid-March.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your eye on your hotel mangers and listen when the staff tells you what's going on in your hotel.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

I enjoyed working at Crowne Plaza LAX & I would gladly go back if the right position was presented.

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIHG is a huge company with Crowne Plaza as a sub-brand on the rise; core hotel management has remained on property for several years providing a loyal base that suites return business, good benefits

ConsSalary is lower than competition but yet a better place to work than the competition. Product needs a renovation

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to lower management more about possible pitfalls.

Good company to start out with, didn't really have room to further career.

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThey provide plenty of training, and the management teams were all very helpful and friendly. Always tried to accommodate my schedule changes or emergencies.

ConsThe training was very slow and took three weeks while it could have just been shortened to one and a half to two weeks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to the front office more on ways to improve and what they should be doing.

IHG is a great company

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsIHG is full of friendly people who have a great sense of humor. Lots of emphasis on employee engagement and taking care of those in need.

ConsFormal talent development is not taken seriously. Lots of layers between departments that makes it difficult to get things done. Pretty consistent turnover in leadership

Worst Hotel That I Have Ever Worked At

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Newton, MA

ProsThe only good thing about this company was the money. They lull you in with a false sense of security.

ConsI was hired to do a job that I specialize in only to be let go 3 weeks into my employment with no explanation. I was told that I was in the probationary period therefore no discussion needed to take place. I have never been so heart broken.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe professional, lead by example, and treat people the way you would like to be treated.

I wouldn't recommend working here.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTwo people I work with are good at their jobs and nice people.

ConsToo many to list here, most of the management needs to be retrained or go back to school. Its like going to high school if you're not in the click you're not going to be scheduled very much. The manage hired her mother, her dads best friend, her brothers girlfriend, and lots of her friends so if any one of them does something very wrong you have no one to tell and the general manager let this happen even though it is against company policy.

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!