InterContinental Hotels Group Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Executive Housekeeper

Former Employee - Executive Housekeeper/Breakfast Manager in North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere, Personal interaction with guests, Lots of guests that stay long term so you get to know them.

Cons

Worked at a small company and no opportunity to move up only because the company is small. you would have to relocate to move up.

2. Event Planer, Chef, Bartender, Server,

Current Employee - Server Trainer/Bartender in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Server Trainer/Bartender in Weston, FL

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work with you, keep calling me

Cons

Not having events more often

3. Guest Service Agent/ Housekeeping Supervisor

Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Vicksburg, MS
    Former Employee - Guest Service Agent in Vicksburg, MS

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I honestly loved working at the HIEN. The place itself was fun, because of the many different guests that would come in each and everyday.

Cons

There were downsides, but I still managed to like my job. Things I noticed that bugged me were...favoritism being shown to crooked employees, raise in pay was given to employees who had yet to earn them. I felt a lot of times that I was overworked and underpaid for the work I did.

Advice to Management

If you have an employee who loves to work for you and wants to advance in the company, instead of constantly skipping over them and using them when you just "need" them at the moment, give them a chance. I would have honestly stuck it out with the Holiday Inn I worked for, but I guess that just wasn't in the cards.

5. front desk associate

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in El Reno, OK
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in El Reno, OK

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group part-time

Pros

great place to work. laid back environment great management they train you well, overall good experience

Cons

i donf really have any complaints. the only thing i would change is the online booking because we over book at times

Advice to Management

some how fix the way that you can cone in call and go online to book because over booking customers was a very stressful situation

6. Great professional company

Pros

Evyerything was great and excelent

Cons

Nothing was deemed to be an issue

Advice to Management

keep up good work

7. Great Company, but high expectations

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cutting edge tech and great exposure

Cons

High turnover, not a lot of strategic direction

Reservations Sales Agent (SLC)

Former Employee - Reservations Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Reservations Sales Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have extremely flexible hours from 5:30am till Midnight. When I was in recovery from my surgery, the company went above and beyond to work with me. They even changed my work schedule a couple times, so I can still keep my job and go to my Dr's. Appointments. I loved my coworkers, they were like family to me. IHG always had fun and exciting events each week; never a dull moment.

Cons

I did not like that management's hours of operation closed at 10pm MST. So if I worked the midnight shift and a customer asked for a supervisor after 10pm MST, I had to ask the customer to call back in the morning. I felt that a supervisor should be available at all times during my shift.

Advice to Management

If the call center is open from 5:30am till Midnight, there should be a supervisor on duty during those hours too. On a positive note, I was always recognized by the senior management. Even my bosses boss would take the time to say hi to me...so keep that up cause it made me feel important and worth to the company:)

Company that Cares

Current Employee - Product Owner in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Product Owner in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good company that really cares about their employees they are constantly asking for feedback on how they can do better they have a whole week dedicated to thanking their employees, lots of employee events, flexible work schedules, work from home and awesome work/life balance. Extremely competitive pay

Cons

Sometimes they like to cut costs by not back filling when people leave the company. This can lead to very high workloads for some employees. Also it takes forever for HR to do anything. Org structure changes are frequent.

Advice to Management

Don't cut costs by not back filling

Meh...

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time

Pros

A few nice people who actually care about doing their jobs and helping others. GREAT salary and benefits.

Cons

Many fakers who insist that you drink the company Kool Aid. Too many idiots in senior management hired because of genetics instead of their brains. It is obscene how much money the Board wastes on every management fad. Imagine living the Dilbert cartoon...every single day. This is the only place I know where you can be crazy busy and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Advice to Management

Stop rewarding people who: 1) don't have a clue about what they are responsible for; 2) who repeatedly fail to deliver on their projects; 3) who abuse their employees and coworkers; 4) who are dishonest and robbing you blind because you're to mesmerized by the BS coming out of their mouths to notice.

11. Great company

Pros

Work life balance and culture

Cons

Politics and idea only Ivy League graduates worth paying

RSS Feed </> Embed