InterContinental Hotels

InterContinental Hotels Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

InterContinental Hotels CEO Richard Solomons

Richard Solomons

Pros
  • Company really values people of all types and their work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• Friendly co-workers, good working environment (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • You see some employees in upper management behave inappropriately and unprofessionally (in 12 reviews)

• Low pay hard to deal with management no benifits or health insurance (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

best hospitality companies

Director of Materials (Former Employee) Cairo (Egypt)

Prosquality is the focus of intercontinental hotel group and of course training is the also the focus of the company , i have enjoyed working for this hotel group and would like to work foe them again

Consintercontinental hotel group is the place to work at however i would like them to give more efforts on hiring techniques and quality of team members they have at rank and file levels

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Good Company, Great Culture

Analyst (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsMany employees have long tenure with the company and they stay because of great benefits, growth potential, and room for advancement.

ConsI am not sure what the cons are yet.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Credit Risk Management Intern

Credit Risk Managing Assistant (Former Employee) Lusaka (South Africa)

ProsFree meals and events. Spoke to Former President Clinton's secretary!

ConsSome days meant long hours but the work never got boring.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more significant work load to capable interns.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent Oganisationems

ProsGreat culture. Excellent policies and process. Well defined systems. Work life balance is great in this organisation. There is a great growth ladder.

ConsThere is nothing negative that I can think of right now. Its been almost a year with this organisation. The company has offer me great growth options.

Great Company!

ProsStrong company values, opportunity for personal growth and an amazing work-life balance structure.

Consnone. Everything is amazing!

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Fantastic hotel chain

Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) Largo, FL

ProsSolid raise schedule and constantly accruing PTO to go along with insurance and (in my experience) a flexible schedule and a boss that cares about everyone who walks in the door that they have a great experience here.

ConsUnforgiving for new employees, especially if working around the busy season. If you don't have a long tether, you may have trouble working with at least dozens of people a day

Right Company for the Right People

Concierge Agent (Current Employee) Ḩawwārah, Amman Governorate (Jordan)

Prosthe reason that i working for IHG company is to enhance my career and to get more experience in hospitality field

Consheavy operations, challenges between the employees,

Deeply knowledgable experience

Senior Sales Manager (Current Employee) Lagos (Nigeria)

ProsA very strong, technical management company to work for

ConsLow Work and Life and Family Balance

Advice to Senior ManagementTry and appreciate performing employees with memorable experiences, that can be shared with our families.

awesome

Specialist (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Prossalary employee satisfaction office culture

Consnone found as of today

Great Place to work

Field Based Consultant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDevelopment opportunities, Learning opportunities, Great Company Ambition, Great Employee Feedback

I have enjoyed working for the company and am proud to be a part of the IHG Family. I think that we have a great ambition set out by our CEO that will help to carry us many years into the future. I look forward to working for the company for years to come.

ConsWork Life Balance, can be the biggest con. We work to be operationally efficient but sometimes to the point of not being able to dedicate as much time as may be needed for each client. This is something that we continue to work on, our field teams are very focused on our franchisees and helping them succeed.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to lead us in a direction that will help to build our company into the future. Help us continue to drive to have that ambition of being #1!!!!

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!