InterMune

www.intermune.com

InterMune Reviews

InterMune – Brisbane – “View of the Bay & Horses”

InterMune President, CEO, and Director Dan Welch

Dan Welch

Good People In A Tough Industry

Finance (Former Employee) Brisbane, CA

ProsGreat range of people (it takes all kinds)
    After a regulatory glitch a few years back, new mgmt was brought in and almost everyone with bad habits was flushed out
    Mgmt has a knack for picking people they know will work well in their groups
    Great morale programs (recognition, feedback, events, outings)
    Great benefits & options (even pet health insurance if you want to shell out for it)
    Nice enough location: close to the city, but don't have to hassle with parking issues; overlooks a hill where horses roam, as well as the bay
    On-site shower
    Free breakfast cereal, frozen yogurt, subsidized vending machines, not afraid of drinking at social events

ConsIt's biotech, i.e. tensions can run high when everyone knows their jobs could be cut
    Gossip can run a bit amok
    Not a lot of lunch options around the area

Advice to Senior ManagementRemind people that you can only give negative comments about your co-workers to someone above you - otherwise it's gossip

Hire -Fire

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Brisbane, CA

ProsGREAT benefits, Good Pay, Company Time off, 401K and many mnay others...

ConsThis is an emerging or starter Biotech company, You never know when they tell you , we are short of Budget and we cant afford to have you in the company. You are FIRED !!!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf this company offers stable jobs, this can be a rockstar.

Continues to change...not always for the better

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brisbane, CA

ProsIn general, the people and benefits are very good. The product is approved for Europe, but not US...yet, and meets specific needs of those with Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF). Currently, there is no other approved product or treatment to help these people.

ConsInformation sharing and communications could be better with the departments that are affected. Too often, it seemed like there was scrambling to meet deadlines that did not take into account all the necessary work involved.
    Some of the perks that helped maintain employee morale have been cut back or eliminated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

no comment

Research Assistant (Former Employee) Brisbane, CA

Prosgood pay, in general nice people

Conscrappy management, poor employee morale (administrativeside)

Great Place to work

IT Manager (Former Employee) Brisbane, CA

ProsThe people are very friendly and professional.
    Great benefits and great working environment.
    Provides employees all the tools to do their job.
    Small company focused on quality.
    Company is very interested in promoting good health to it's employees.

ConsLike all jobs there are risks. I wished Intermune had a better pipeline and a very profitable balance sheet.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet the product to market.

company in transition

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brisbane, CA

Prosgreat people, fair benefits and compensation, terrific employee events and recognition

Constransitional time, has become top down management, hard to have a good idea of the future of the company

Advice to Senior Managementsecrecy breeds fear and bad morale

Good company, growing fast

Contractor (Current Employee) Muttenz (Switzerland)

ProsStrong mission: launching (europe/canada) or late-stage trials (US) for first product for a rare disease.
    Fast-paced: decisions are made fast and implemented fast
    Internal communications are strong: clear vision, objectives and goals are well-communicated internally
    Quirky high-performers are tolerated (encouraged?)

ConsHierarchical: too much respect for management layers, eg you can't speak to your boss' boss, without prior permission (and often boss' boss won't speak with you, unless your boss is present)
    Tendency to utilize over-qualified external consultants/contractors so as to ensure quality (although these externals are over-paid, bored, and take the know-how away with them)

Advice to Senior ManagementWith such fast growth, take care to preserve the culture, the leanness and the fast decision-making as InterMune transitions to the next level

Worked for InterMune? Contribute to the Community!