InterPark Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
J. Marshall Peck

I love it working with people and being able to help them as much as possible..

Former Employee - Facility Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Facility Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

The benefits, a place for growth and the compensation...

Cons

Some of the challenges working with employees who wants to do things there way....

Advice to Management

Working with upper management is learning new skills, working in perks hours and working with different culture...

2. operations manager

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at InterPark full-time

Pros

Great company with a good team environment. Everyone was always willing to help each other. Good training program.

Cons

Upper management stuck in their ways. No upward movement. All leadership has been their awhile and no signs of leaving.

Advice to Management

Improve your systems that are more accurate.

3. Office Coordinator role

Former Employee - Office Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Office Coordinator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Interview was a positive experience, that's it.

Cons

Very fast paced. They work you like slaves and you're looked down upon. They play favorites too often. When I started this assignment as a temp before they dumped me like trash in less than 3 weeks, I was thrown to work instantly with little training and preparation for tasks. I had to ask questions often and got rude attitudes and condescending responses. For peeps sake, I was new. The managers and co workers were all condenscending in spite of having major flaws themselves. Although the staff seemed reasonably pleasant at first, I had the opportunity to see them for who they truly are in my weeks on the job. Favortism is also an obvious issue here. Although everyone's experiences working for this company is different I cannot speak for everyone else. This is my honest experience and the truth. Btw, the office is located near the University of Chicago.

Advice to Management

Be more professional and show respect and dignity to ALL your workers, not just for your favorites.

5. Interpark the pros and cons of working for this company

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InterPark full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The company values is basically if doesn't make us any money, we don't want to acquire it

Cons

The in no room to move up in this company, everything is done in secret.

A great place to grow

Former Employee - Administrative in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Administrative in Washington, DC

I worked at InterPark full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- benefits - management - flexibility - employee relations - location (Washington, DC) - opportunity for growth

Cons

- sold to a different (smaller) company

Advice to Management

I worked for InterPark during the time that it was owned by GE. This brought so many opportunities for growth for each employee. The culture was rich in development, advancement as well as family. Unfortunately, my tenure came to an end when it was purchased by LAZ Parking.

mostly positive

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

good salary good vacation true field position

Cons

no upward promotion movement senior management set in there ways

Advice to Management

stop being so concerned on impressing the investors and be more concerned on the customers uniforms outdated we have moved past the 1990's

8. Great place to work!

Former Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Finance in Chicago, IL

Pros

Excellent, experienced management willing to mentor Family like atmosphere and camaraderie Respect for personal commitments, work / life balance Opportunity to dive deep in a small business while experiencing the benefit of being part of the GE real estate portfolio

Cons

Niche industry... You learn a lot about parking but have limited exposure to other facets of commercial real estate Dwindling portfolio of assets

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, do your best to keep spirits high during the economic downturn and as capital frees up buy and grow! Excited to see the future success of Marshal, Doug and this company

9. Good stepping stone for a career in editing/copywriting

Pros

General duties of my position were satisfying. I had a a fair amount of creative control over the work I produced. The workplace culture was friendly and supportive. The job forces out a lot of personal creativity and independent responsibility, both important skills in any career related to writing.

Cons

Management expected employees to work past normal hours without any compensation. Deadlines for new projects were shortsighted. Though my department dealt with educational content, no one in the management had any background in education, leading to many counterproductive decisions. Sometimes those decisions would be overturned within a short period of time. There was a general lack of direction in my department usually due to poor foresight and quick decision making.

RSS Feed </> Embed