InterTech Media Reviews

Reset
3.1
CEO

1. Associate

I have been working at InterTech Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, good people lots of opportunities

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep it up

2. Pizza Fridays were the highlight

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at InterTech Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My direct manager (senior graphic designer) was fantastic. LOVED her. There were some gems at this company, but they all got axed during the recession... Quality of the work and the crap in-house CMS went down (you get what you pay for, guys)... Pizza Friday was great, but so boring after 2 years...

Carol, the office manager, is awesome.

Happy hour with the group was always fun. Still is!

Cons

CHEAP CEO. SO SO SO cheap. Stuffing extra-small cubicles into every square inch of the office space (including the reception area), while keeping a HUGE office to himself... I once went on vacation for a week, and when I came back my desk had been given away to a new hire. I was forced to work in the "Map Room"... a large, practically empty, temperature-controlled room that the CEO keeps his collection of maps in (his other business is Mapsage)... It was January and I was freezing... After a few weeks I refused to work in the office again until they could provide me a desk. I worked at home for two months. It was wonderful for me, but I was embarrassed for ITM.

Very long hours, and often I'd get to work and the doors would be locked... I'd have to sit and work on my computer (my PERSONAL computer, because they didn't provide me with one) until someone showed up to let me in.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself and pay people what they deserver. Sorry you have to pay alimony, but that shouldn't penalize people who work hard.

3. Stressful, underpaid, overworked, unappreciated

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at InterTech Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I was able to change my job responsibilities and move to a different department with a quick conversation, management saw potential and respected my desire for a new role. Pizza Friday's were great, the office manager was always so kind and caring.

Cons

I understand that the economy got terrible, but that doesn't mean you let your employees go 3 years without any sort of monetary compensation/raise. Very unorganized and a lot of miscommunication.

Advice to Management

Get your office together, make sure your CS employees are actually working rather than on FB and twitter all day. Appreciate and praise the staff that deserve it.

5. Wearing many hats has never been more rewarding.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Stamford, CT

I have been working at InterTech Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

InterTech offers a chance for anyone at any skill level to learn and grow. I started in technical support answering tickets and taking phone calls. Since my hiring I have moved on to build sites, work on confidential company projects, and help ship new products that thousands of users use daily. I couldn't ask for a better environment to demonstrate my creativity.

Management has an open door policy. If you have a thought, idea, or concern they are always available to listen and discuss. Many times after approaching them with some improvement ideas they have been implemented in the next software update.

Cons

None. This is a family which is so much more than a job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

6. Management Missing

I worked at InterTech Media full-time

Pros

Friendly, positive environment, drive to reach their potential.

Cons

Management nightmare, no focus, lack of understanding market. Clients are lied to internally and rush jobs are put in place. Focus is one major client not all clients. No chance at growth as an employee.

Advice to Management

Stop the petty quarrels and focus on defining your goals as a team.

RSS Feed </> Embed