Interactive Intelligence

Interactive Intelligence Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Interactive Intelligence Chairman, President, and CEO Donald E. Brown

Donald E. Brown

Pros:
  • "Fun and relaxed work environment allows you to work hard without getting stressed"
    in 27 reviews
  • "Nice management that provide a good work/life balance"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "The company is growing and the internal processes are not in line with the size of the company"
    in 9 reviews
  • "As with any significant growth we have experienced our share of growing pains"
    in 15 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good company, don't expect to get rich

Devops Engineer (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsFlexible work environment, great is most positions with work-life balance. Fun people. Great company sponsored events, like a pool party. Good health benefits.

ConsYou will be paid better elsewhere. I've heard several managers say something to the effect of "Start-ups have inflated salaries, and we won't pay people those rates." Getting feedback on your work can also be really hard unless you absolutely suck. Career advancement can be incredibly hard to achieve if you do exceptional work that is considered "vital". I've been trying to just shift to a new position for over a year now and still have no hope. Depending upon the part of the business you are in there may be extremely high stress levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement really needs to work harder to help people actually advance in their career. If your employee tells you that they don't like what they are doing and indicates what they want to do actually listen and at least give advice to help them out.

Great company to work for

ProsFlexible hours, good benefits and good people make Interactive Intelligence a great place to work.

ConsThere is sometimes a lack of communication from management on where we're headed but honestly I think this has gotten better recently.

A fantastic organization to work for!

ProsLeadership; company direction; vision; culture; environment.

ConsKeeping up with the growth.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's been 7 glorious years, and this company still amazes me

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsOne-of-a-kind leadership sums it up. Our leadership makes bold decisions that can have a short term downside, but always pay off in the long run. They are focused on the long-term health and future of this company.
    Everyone that works here has a passion for what they do. I just witnessed a "Hackathon" where a huge group of developers who had already been putting in long nights and weekends getting ready for a big release, spent 24 hours Thursday and Friday working in teams on new technology projects that interested them. It was company sponsored, and it was a huge success. That passion is contagious.
    Working here is humbling (this is a good thing). No matter how smart you are or how much you contribute to this company, there is always someone else doing more.

ConsThis work environment isn't for everyone. With rapid growth comes more work than most have time for. It's dynamic, fast-paced, and stressful at times. It's certainly rewarding, but still challenging.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing, and never lose sight of what has made this place so special. The bigger we get, the harder it will be to stay on top.

Great Internship

Indianapolis, IN

ProsI've had a number of Internships (this is my fourth), and this is the best so far. Interactive Intelligence has a great balance of direction/autonomy in the work environment. I don't feel like I'm being micro-managed, but I'm also not bored. Co-workers are smart, understanding, and interested in helping me. Company policy seems to hit a sweet note of being professional and forward-thinking without being stuffy. I also appreciate the casual dress code. (Dress code is like, one line in the employee handbook. That says something.)
    There are also some nice perks and benefits: free gym, free bagels on Friday, cafeteria, re imbursment for wellness activity entrance fees (e.g. 5k).

ConsThe light in my office is too dim (yeah, I had to dig deep for that one).

Great Company

Indianapolis, IN

ProsWork Environment - Great relaxed environment, but don't be fooled by the shorts and flip-flops. You are excepted to work hard.
    Supervisor is great to work for, been in the job only a month but as along as the work is done you are given all the freedom you could ask for.
    Benefits - Health care great!!! On-site medical office great!! On-site gym great!!! On-site café tasty and great!!!

ConsGrowing very fast, which leads to confusion and some resistance to change processes due to growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementKEEP UP the great work, everyone loves it here!!!

Outstanding culture and great opportunities for career develpment

ProsI love the balance between career development and learning curves. Also, the sense of involvement and impact any new hire can start feel.

ConsStarting salaries are not that great, however the growth is much faster than any similar company in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to have faith on your employees. Strive for improvements and finding ways to increase efficiency and productivity. Also continue to consider absolute high quality service above your amazing stability.

Excellent Work Environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

ProsFlexible and a very casual work atmosphere!
    No dress code!
    Always has the motto to Work hard as well as Party hard!
    Great activities and parties especially in summer.
    Great learning opportunities.

ConsThough I don't consider this a con, just wanted to mention for the sake of jobseekers - You have to be really intelligent smart and be ready to learn and adapt to latest and greatest.
    If you can't adapt to change, this isn't a place for you.

Great place to build your resume

Indianapolis, IN

Pros- tons of opportunities for leadership
    - great on-campus perks
    - global operations, international exposure
    - relaxed workplace, personable team members

Cons- growing too fast, internal processes are broken
    - US and Indianapolis-focus, international and remote team members not taken care of
    - expected work week is far more than 40 hours
    - too much work, not enough workers

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue growing the leadership programming. Many of the managers in place are not strong leaders, but rather have simply been in the industry or company for more than a few years. Because of this disconnect, leadership can sometimes allow the day-to-day tasks to outweigh the overall company vision.

Great place to work!

Indianapolis, IN

ProsFreedom to be creative, management is not afraid of new ideas, relaxed and flexible culture, lots of fun benefits like exercise classes (including yoga) and facility, games room, cookouts.

ConsSome of our competitors and partners have better compensation plans so we do lose good talent in some areas.

Worked for Interactive Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!

Interactive Intelligence Videos

Interactive Intelligence – Why Work for Us?

Interactive Intelligence Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ININ) designs complete solutions for contact center automation, unified communications, as well as business process automation software and services. Founded in 1994 and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interactive Intelligence reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Interactive Intelligence CEO Donald E. Brown. All 276 reviews posted anonymously by Interactive Intelligence employees.