Interactive Intelligence

www.inin.com

Interactive Intelligence Reviews

These reviews contributed towards 2014's Best Places to Work recognition. See ratings and reviews for all time.

Pros
  • Nice management that provide a good work/life balance (in 15 reviews)

• Flexible work environment, great is most positions with work-life balance (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • The company is growing and the internal processes are not in line with the size of the company (in 9 reviews)

• As with any significant growth we have experienced our share of growing pains (in 16 reviews)

More Highlights

Wonderful Place to Work

Marketing (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe organization genuinely cares about the well being of their employees. In some positions you are given the power to have an impact and facilitate positive change. The company promoted health and healthy lifestyles and is constantly striving to improve in this area. ININ is the best place I have ever worked.

ConsAs the company has grown it has grown far more bureaucratic. Many departments have management bottlenecks which slow down reaction times and decisions. We do a very poor job of using our own technology. We have to fill out a Word document to on board new customers, our lead generation team doesn't use Dialer.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdopt the "startup" principals that got us where we are today.

Unlike any other employer

ProsNo dress code, you can be yourself, laid back atmosphere

ConsSitting in front of a computer for most of the day

GG

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsCasual work environment, very developer-centric, nice offices and technology, innovation is encouraged, benefits are good. Collaborative project management environment helps with innovation (when it works).

ConsConflicting goals are common, typical to a growing company. Pay is average or slightly below.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany is growing rapidly, which means that newer employees (less than 5 years) can feel less involved. Find ways to encourage and develop newer employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not what I expected from a company with a product in the cloud.

Services Manager (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsCasual dress code, a lot of documentation exists for self starters, great product to take to market. Company is making significant changes to be a top cloud leader.

ConsA lot of primary objectives yet no map/outline of how to achieve those objectives at a departmental level. Political culture exists between departments and even though company's direction is focused on becoming a market leader in the cloud, there is a disconnect on this philosophy internally. Management feels dated at times, not as progressive as one would think a cloud leader should be. Employee development is lacking. Salaries should be more competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementCore values can be great for company culture and morale. Invest in employees as a means to retain top talent. Prepare the next round of leaders, those promoted from within, not just based on the job they do well, for their ability to develop and nurture talent that will lead to improved customer satisfaction levels. Work life balance (the work hard, play hard mentality) does not exist in all departments and should be evaluated for the cloud-based teams. Executive leaders should be developing action plans, taking responsibility for decisions, and communicating. There should also be an environment of trust and accountability.

Over-rated

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

Pros- If you live in Indiana this is a great place to work at. Hence most of the rave reviews are people from Indiana. You can plow corn or work at Interactive Intelligence.

Cons- Despite all the self-promoting hype this is a really small company still.
    - Definitely a tier 2 or 3 player still so the customer base is mostly small companies or companies of questionable repute (eg. debt collectors, telemarketing). Interactive sells to companies that Avaya, Cisco and Genesys won't bother with.
    - Not exactly bleeding edge. Call routing is 25+ year old technology.

Advice to Senior Management- Bring in professional management especially in the sales department.

I am allowed to be myself due to a culture that encourages individuality while working with the brightest minds.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

Pros- Great Culture to work in, more like family than coworkers.
    - Learn something new everyday
    - Always challenged, never bored

ConsTo me this is my dream job and company. No CONs to report.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with your team as they aren't mind readers. Let them know how they are doing throughout the year rather than at their yearly review. This allows them to grow and address issues they may not be aware of.

Pretty Good

Project Coordiinator (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsThe benefits, the entrepreneurial atmosphere, the work life balance and the people.

ConsNot a lot of room for growth. Managers don't seem to mentor as much as they could/should. The pay is great when you come in the door but raises and promotions are slim.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more time with your employees to help them achieve their goals. They will be more than grateful and will want to work harder because of it.

Outstanding place to work, and amazing co-workers

Senior Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsStrong company, good growth and financials. They are very hands off, so you need self motivation, but it leads to people doing extraordinary things. Even when you are stressed about something work related, there is always something entertaining going on with others around you, and plenty of people to lend a hand. I have never worked for a company with so many helpful employees. The management team is outstanding, and doesn't hide behind their office doors. I have met so many higher ups, and they are incredibly friendly.

ConsWhile most of the benefits are above benefits I have seen from other companies at this size, the salary side of things is a but tight and I have seen that lead to us losing some excellent employees. I hope this is seen by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is growing fast, but please continue to keep an eye on customer experience and employee satisfaction. As I mentioned above, salary seems to be a thing I hear of often, and we have lost a few people with extensive product knowledge that will take years to replace because so many partners are willing to pay a lot more. I am happy with where I am now in salary, but the current standards for raises means you will eventually reach a point where your position carries more responsibility than where you are in salary. But if you were hired into that position from the start, your pay would likely be quite a bit higher.

Can't imagine working anywhere else

ProsThe people and the culture make it easy to come to work every day. I love working with intelligent, hard working people who care about the company.

ConsI don't have anything negative to say about Interactive.

Moving on UP!!

RSM (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsCompany is on great path-

ConsNeed to build out teams with great people as they grow-hire slow and get better people

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up Senior Management

Worked for Interactive Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!