Interbake Foods

Updated November 29, 2014
Updated November 29, 2014
1.7

Selena Sanderson

Worked at Interbake Foods for many years, benefits are normal, management have no common sense

I have been working at Interbake Foods

Pros

Salary is good compare to other companies but you can almost forget the promotion. They like to hire from outside of the company. Benefits are not better than other companies.

Cons

Not a good place to work. Employees have no values. No matter how many years you've been with the company, you are replaceable even if your replacement has no clue about the job. No work-life balance. You might be working a whole month with little or no time off.

Employees are your tools. If you don't keep them and replace them, you will loose money. Follow your own policies. Recognize your hard working, educated, and skilled employees.

Miserable

Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at Interbake Foods

Pros

If you get a good boss, and there are a very few, you are one of the lucky ones. The benefits are pretty good. The offices are appointed fairly well. Most of the people are pretty nice, just miserable.

Cons

The environment is NOT fun, you can feel the tension in the air just walking down the halls. No one smiles, no one talks, no one eats in the break room. My experience in the beginning was that it was a wonderful, fun place to work. That was the first 15 years. Now that the MBA's have taken over, YUK. They don't understand the baking industry or baking processes, much less sales. They understand numbers, period. They lay off pretty good people, but keep the ranks closed on their little MBA clique. BIG MISTAKE. I doubt they will be in business in four years.

Knock off protecting each other's career paths and start doing what is right for the customer, because that is what will be right for the business. Every time you try to save money by cheapening the product, or some other bone-headed stunt (storing cookies in caves -- really?????) you just dig the hole deeper. Go back to basics.

Don't do it

I worked at Interbake Foods

Pros

Interbake has good benefits and a fairly flexible and comfortable work environment.

Cons

They are extremely behind the times and not willing to improve. They do not like to hear new ideas or act on them. They are technologically behind the eight ball.

I beleive that I was not given enought itme nor training in order to be productive in my position. You need to have a training program for new hires and be willing to listen to their ideas.