Interbank FX

Updated May 9, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gary Weiss

Enjoyed the company though the markets were brutal

International Sales Manager (Current Employee) Cottonwood Heights, UT

Prosgreat people, interesting market, open to ideas. New management at the time (TradeStation) was open to exploring all options in stepping up our game.

Consdifficult market conditions (at the time, heard they've improved) which directly affected performance and hence morale. If market volatility was up, things would have been much better!

Interesting and strange mix of people

Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsUpdated technology, fun people. You can grow and learn new things. Plenty of opportunity to push for improvement. The team is very cohesive and we're able to accomplish hard goals.

ConsMany good, smart people, but the talent pool is imbalanced. There are key positions filled by those lacking the correct experience while others who could fill that role better are left at the bottom. Compensation is also very skewed. New employees seem to be able to demand top of the line salaries while those who have shown dedication to the company have to fight and are often denied raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementBefore scrapping to meet the salary demands of a new hire ask yourself if you're still paying market rates for all of your current employees.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Fun technology, great experience, fun people

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsInteresting architecture and work.
    GREAT experience in financial and stock market fields

ConsNot huge opportunities for advancement
    No clear path/guidance on what to work on next

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was mostly a positive experience.

Financial Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe pay is good, the company just sold recently to Tradestation so this may be a good move for them, probaly more growth potential. At the time I was there the training was basically on your own but it may be more positive now. The company started small and had tremendous growth and also the turnover rate was strange. Alot of politics at this company. Customers were great but had questions we couldnt answer because we were left in the dark along with the customers.

ConsVery political, managment played favorites. The office desks are set-up so your right next to your neighbor, they hear everything you say and vice versa. The mix of people was strange, you had very young inexperienced people doing management jobs. Very experienced people were not promoted just given more work to do. The whole place was one big secret, I never knew if what I told the customer was the exact truth because management didnt communicate with reps very well. It could also be growing pains? Overall it just seemed like one of the strangest places I ever worked at.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen new information about the company or market is released (good and bad) you need to communicate to the reps asap. (not just send an email) Sometimes the customers knew more than us. Don't hire people based on how they appear on the outside, find out what they know about the financial markets and what they can bring to the company. (what can you learn from them)

Find out why some reps do most of the work all day while others watch movies online all day.

It has gone down hill...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsMy direct supervisor is great.

ConsInterbank FX was once a great place to work but it has really gone down hill. The CEO doesn't give any direction and is not involved with the employees or the company. The IT department is a mess and no one seems responsible for ensuring the company is operating appropriately.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct like you care about employees and the company. Have a vision and stick with it.

If you are pursuing a career, Interbank FX will not be your choice.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsForex is an interesting subject. You will learn something you might never hear before. The company also offer competitive benefit.

ConsCompany is small, not as many opportunities for promotion as big companies. compensation is low. Management is poor and unorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish a more stable policy. Better communication skills with employees. Provide pay raises and bonuses. Re-evaluate current management and their educational background.

Ok

ProsSome opportunity to advance, depending on your department. There is decent mobility between departments.

Normal hours, looks decent on a resume.

ConsSince this is a young company some of the management seems inexperienced. Workload greatly differs between departments. Company has had some issues with violations.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome of the management is incredibly unprofessional when dealing with other employees and management.

Listen to your employees, many good ideas have not been implemented.

Amazing Growth

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe company is in an amazing growth pattern and indications are it will continue in that direction indefinitely. The Founder/President is incredibly kind as well as being an aggressive and talented entrepreneur whose drive and vision seems to know no bounds.

ConsThe company is in an amazing growth pattern and indications are it will continue in that direction indefinitely. As such, there are growing pains. As with any pain, if you survive it, you're stronger.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Vision, great talent, great company... just increase communication to all levels.

Interbank FX: A Growing Company with an Excellent Work/Life Balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsInterbank FX is an amazing company. The growth opportunity is huge in this company. Even in this horrible economy, it is growing by leaps and bounds and continues to hire new employees in all departments. The CEO is a very kind person and it is a joy to work for him. There is definitely a "younger vibe" in the office that inspires a lot of energy. It is just so much fun to work there!

ConsI feel that my salary is low for my position, given my credentials and the average salary for my position in the Salt Lake market. Yet, people in other "key" departments seem to be making a ton. I also feel that the workspace is a little cramped. There are a lot of cubicles, but the walls are very low, so you can hear a lot of noise and it can sometimes be distracting. Not enough people have offices and there are just too many people populating a relatively small space. The office is currently expanding, so it is possible that this will no longer be an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementJob well done. Any problems that we are currently experiencing are, in my opinion, simply growing pains. Thanks for making this a great place to work!

Interbank FX is a great place for hard workers and entrepreneurial minds!

ProsInterbank FX is a company that is growing very quickly, in fact it was named Utah's fastest growing company in two separate events in 2008. This growth leads to a tremendous amount of opportunity. If you are willing to work hard and not just expect everything to be handed to you then you are only limited by yourself. The people here that have failed to thrive are usually the ones that expect to be given everything without working their tails off. The CEO is most likely one of the nicest people on the face of the planet. He truly cares about his company and the people that work so hard to make it a great place to be. This shows in a million small ways in this company.

ConsThe fast growth leads to its own set of challenges. If you are not prepared to be flexible and work hard then this is not the place for you. You will need to have an entrepreneurial spirit and a great attitude to keep up with the rest of the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are some disparity between different departments. One of the things the company will need to work on is standardization across the board. The nice thing is that this has already been identified and is being worked on!

Worked for Interbank FX? Contribute to the Community!