IntercontinentalExchange

Add Photos

IntercontinentalExchange Chairman and CEO Jeffrey C. Sprecher

Jeffrey C. Sprecher

Energetic, entrepreneurial

ProsEnergetic entrepreneurial work place. Lots of challenging projects, smart people, interesting people. Large company but are work closely with all levels of management.

ConsChallenging timelines, have to do a lot of multi tasking, increased government regulation which slows down progress.

Not a lot of growth and management lacks conviction and direction.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPay was pretty decent. Cash and stock bonuses are nice (albeit always less than promised), if you stay through the vesting period.

ConsManagement will ask you to do questionable things. Internal transfers are very rare because there is a major emphasis on headcount, as opposed to actual deliverables. Career growth is only available in a few chosen areas. Leadership is nonexistent in a few of the divisions, which leads to low morale and even lower output.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour culture has been subsumed by the NYSE. Badmouthing employees who have left or transferred internally is unprofessional, and leads the team(s) to believe that you're more concerned about headcount than actual talent. Incompetence is rampant, your better employees are either voluntarily leaving, or accepting severance packages because they are not interested in relocating to Atlanta.

good company to work for

Prosgood pay, stock options, challenging work environment, some of the people you work with are really good in technical skills.

Consno work from home
    long working hours
    sometimes u need to work on weekends too
    little bit politics in some departments.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company with clear vision and strategy.

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- Great pay, stock and bonus
    - Global company, technically competent team, great management

Cons- Should be able to adopt to ICE culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Young company

ProsPeople are nice and diverse

ConsMediocre benefits for employees. Long work hours.

Awesome Company, Awesome Benefits

Senior Mobile Applications Developer (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsI found that the was ICE is an awesome place to work. They only hire senior seasoned technical staff which fosters an environment that brings out the best in everyone.

ConsIt's difficult for me to find anything negative to say so I will mention that working from home is generally not allowed. My commute took on average 1-1.5 hours each way every day. No fun.

great company to work for

Prosit's a good company to work for. nice coworkers.

Consnothing to complain... it's a nice work place!

Good company not so good management

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsWill get an exposure to work in financial domain while being in Atlanta, good technology, decent salary.

ConsCareer growth hindered unless you are in favor of the right people irrespective of your contribution or knowledge

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease base your review on employee's knowledge and work only. Don't say 20% bonus when its only guaranteed only for senior management where a 40% quota can become 45% - 50% when the for senior development people, the company did not achieve the target, so that 20% becomes 12%. This is not great when the company boasts that its earning per capita employee is half a million.

My employment experience was brief. ICE purchased the company that I was working for.

(Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt was an easy going atmosphere. Nice benefits and daily perks. An open workspace, in a modern office.

ConsIf ICE purchases the company you currently work for, start to look for new work asap. They may not keep you around, or ask you to transfer to another location. Many people there were employees due to acquisitions.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice for the management. Didn't have a lot of interaction with higher ups.

Toxic

Proscompensation is good.stock options are good.free food is good.

Consgrowth of employees is stunted especially if ICE acquires company1 and if the company1 employees are not trusted and allowed to grow,it is mutual distrust till the employee is let go due to marginalization.

Advice to Senior Managementtalent needs to be appreciated even if it comes from the acquired company.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for IntercontinentalExchange? Contribute to the Community!