Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark Robinson

They are a great way to add to your bank account during the summer

Greeter (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI only worked at the airport and a small bit at hotels but found my manager & supervisors great to work with. Since it was seasonal, they tried to cover time i needed off for summer classes.

ConsAgain, its seasonal and the ships come in each and every weekend. So it's hard for family vacations.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about a raise each year we come back?

Part time job

Customer Service (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prosnot alot of technical work

ConsYou stand for your entire shift

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more to your workers because you make so much money

Great people to work with... great training!

Crew Member (Former Employee) Miami, FL

ProsCross training so you can work at different posts... Ticket Agent, Directional support, VIP.

ConsSeasonal work only part Time

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Guest service Agent

Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood Pay, Flexiable, fun and fast pace.

ConsNot enough hours and day due to the time of the year.

Unethical Work Practices

Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsTips, Ease of Job Requirements

ConsThey constantly talk about sending people home due to uniform violations but they never follow through. There have been countless times where staff has been denied a lunch break. They refuse to give people a break even if they have been working for 8+ straight hours. Holiday compensation involves only $2 extra per hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees the way they should be treated. It is within their best interest to get their act together.

Friendly Environment great place to work at

ProsHas a great work environment, very friendly people, you can choose what days you want to work, sometimes you can enter a cruise ship to eat

ConsToo much time standing, have to pay for scarves for work, must wear specific attire.

Very Helpful

ProsVery Structured and well run

Consin my personal case it was to tough to do as a second job

Only if you are desperate for money

Ticket Agent (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsOnce the boarding gate opens then it's busy work until all the passengers have boarded the ship

ConsWork hours are inconsistent. Less than part-time hours. If the passengers have all boarded then ticket agents are sent home. Nepotism- a lot of friends and relatives of the managers work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot all the employees that work for you are not related to you nor consider you as a close friend. This should be a more formal business environment instead of a "mom and pop" operation.

Check-in Agent

Check-in Agent (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsMajority of the returning employees are very friendly.
    The crew members on the ship are quite friendly as well.

ConsManagement tends to masks things are go wrong or they tend to just fire people even though the managers were the one who were wrong. One of the managers RW tends to care about the security of her job instead of backing an employee up when representatives from cruises yell at us.

Advice to Senior Managementstop thinking about only yourself

Not a great company

Check-in Agent (Former Employee) Vancouver, BC (Canada)

ProsReally great experience. Met a lot of interesting people from all over the world. Provides some insight on the travel and tourism industry.

ConsInsufficient training (was never given a tour of the building). Low wages for the responsibility of the job. The managing staff is very disorganized and rarely send out the schedule more than 24 hours in advance of your shift, and are very rude when you tell them you already have another commitment. No benefits or overtime.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training. Take new employees on a tour of the cruise terminal. Give the schedule out more than 24 hours in advance. Don't talk down to your employees and assume the new staff knows as much as returning staff.

Worked for Intercruises Shoreside & Port Services? Contribute to the Community!