Interface Security

Updated Dec 4, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Shaw

Interface has the Potential to be great

Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interface Security full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis company has huge potential to be great. Just need some fresh blood and 21st century thinking to come into the daily business culture.

ConsThe Top leaders do not spend enough (if any) time with the employees on the front line. We see the problems and have solution to suggest if any one would ask. The company culture appears to place no value on long term employees. Very Sad. The pay is very good, but no career path at all. This company has the potential to be great. They need to step into the 21st century and treat their internal customers as the top priority.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you ask for ideas. implement some of them otherwise people are going to stop giving ideas. When the front line employees stop giving ideas, they will quickly become disengaged. Constantly paint the long tern vision of this company. Begin to treat your internal customer as the most important aspect of your business. They will respond to this positive affirmation and begin treating the external customers the same way.

I'm sure other departmental culture is great, but not the Finance/Accounting

I have been working at Interface Security full-time

Prossome good people there but they've been marginalized into learned helplessness.

Consegotistical, napoleon complex department head that publicly talks crap about everybody and uses the word "fired" about 10 times/day. culture is terrible and corner office won't address it. burn and churn mentality with employees. benefits are crap. 401k is 2% match, also crap.

Advice to Senior Managementthere's only one person in Finance that's the problem...address it.

Miserable

Service Tech (Current Employee)
Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Interface Security full-time for more than a year

ProsNo pros, just all cons

ConsOver worked, management takes no responsibility, no toll tags for company vehicles and expects the technicians to pay for tolls

Advice to Senior ManagementTake responsibility for you employees and don't throw them under the bus, which seems to be a growing trend.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good solid co to work for.

Service Dispatcher (Current Employee)

I have been working at Interface Security full-time for more than 5 years

ProsA good, solid co that is growing quickly. Offering new products and services.

ConsIt gets very busy sometimes, but rewarding work. No real advancement opportunities, unless your boss dies...

When I was at Interface Security it was a unprofessional work environment in the Accounting department.

Accounting Clerk (Former Employee)

I worked at Interface Security

ProsController and up seemed possibly fine and professional. Only talked briefly with Controller. Some employees were nice and courteous others had class and professionalism of person from a trailor park.

ConsExpected to work your eyes out with no breaks, unless you smoked cigarettes THAN you can have a break. Double standard.
Don't DARE complain about anything if unprofessional and unhealthy.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the double standards for people that smoke. Why should their unhealthy behavior be rewarded and non-smokers not.
Be courteous, respectful and listen to what your ALL employees are saying. Former employees like myself will be your spokesperson for the next 5, 10, 20 plus years after they leave.

To much grey areas in this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Interface Security

ProsThey offer a good selection of products and provide their own monitoring

ConsIn order to get a company phone and computer you have to reach a certain revenue goals which changes once you reach it. When you are selling a system you are strongly discourage to mention that the customer is signing a five agreement. If the customer asked then tell them. I have a many of sells because of the contract agreement. Lots of cold calling, door to door, everyone a customer, including going through your family and friends . It is feast or famine

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your employees the tools to do the work and be upfront not sneaky with the customers

STRESSFUL

Dispatcher (Former Employee)

I worked at Interface Security full-time

ProsGreat employees and team. Most of them could have much better jobs getting paid a lot more.

ConsDispatchers work 12 hour shifts. It is a very stessful enviroment. Interface has taken on a huge commercial account with multiple stores (10,000 plus) all over the United States. Aside from that chain of stores there are thousands of other commercial and residential customers. There are supposed to be ten dispatchers on each shift. They are rarely ever fully staffed. If we were lucky there might be eight. Sometimes as few as six. We are talking THOUSANDS of customers and that is all the people they have answering phones and handling all the alarms. I can't describe how much it sucks to work your butt off and its never good enough. You constantly get yelled at by customers who had to be put on hold because we also have to handle alarms and obviously alarms take priority over incoming calls. Not to mention, right before I left they had us doing all the data entry (updating account information) for all of the 10,000 stores I mentioned above when they called in on saturdays and sundays because they didn't want to pay extra to have someone from the data entry team there to do it. The phones ring off the hook. You literally can't even stop to breathe. Plus you are still supposed to handle all the alarms that go off non stop and get to them within 1-2 minutes of activation. We were always horribly outnumbered by alarms and incoming calls. Customers constantly yelling at us about response times!! Or about being put on hold!! We couldn't help it!! There were NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE TO DO THIS JOB AND INTERFACE DOES NOT CARE. I now have a Job with excellent benefits and pay. My boss constantly tells me how much he appreciates me and my hard work. I am so thankful I no longer have to deal with the stress of working at this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't know how you could be so clueless as to not realize that as an ALARM INDUSTRY the most important interactions the customers are going to have are with the dispatchers in the secure operations center. You really need to start paying attention to what is going on there and to how angry many of the customers have been because you don't have enough people to handle their issues. I would never have my family or any of my friends use this company. It feels like all you care about is the customers money. It is really unfair to have your employees CONSTANTLY getting yelled at by customers when they are working their hardest, but they can only do so much. You have some really great people working for you and they have put up with A LOT. Why don't you try to appreciate them for a change. Don't you wonder why there is a constant turnover in the SOC? Because you suck the employees dry and they can only take it so long. Then you just turn around a hire new people. Its a constant revolving door.

Worked for Interface Security? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interface Security reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Interface Security CEO Mike Shaw. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Interface Security employees.