Interim HealthCare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Interim HealthCare President and CEO Kathleen Gilmartin

Kathleen Gilmartin

Pros:
  • "Flexible Hours, Decent Wage, Friendly Staff"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Majority of office staff friendly and supportive"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Not getting paid miles I have work at different home health and they do pay mileage"
    in 5 reviews
  • "If you're part-time, it's hard to get everything done that needs to be done"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

While working with Interim Healthcare, I was able to strengthen my Infusion Nursing skills while building rapid rapport

Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Interim HealthCare full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat team environment, I was able to use and hone my interpersonal skills.

ConsTerritories were to vastly spread out.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate closer territories for the RN's so they may see more patients.

Low to no benefits and compensation is not competitive.

Personal Care Worker (Former Employee)
Erie, PA

I worked at Interim HealthCare for more than a year

ProsFlexibility is the only real perk.

ConsEmployees can not make a living off this job because the work is unsteady and does not pay enough. All personal care aides are per diam.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is to Kathleen Gilmartin CEO and management in Headquarters. I understand the need to keep healthcare costs affordable to our patients but I also understand what the true worth of the field staff is our patients. Field staff deserve steady employment and to be recognized with decent yearly reviews that compensate for the great work and to be provided benefits with full time status positions. If you take care of your employees they create positive growth and business integrity. Not everyone was meant to do this work but the ones that do should be able to afford to feed their families.. .

Disappointing

Greenville, SC

I have been working at Interim HealthCare full-time for more than a year

ProsGood pay and benefits. I am given the autonomy and authority to complete my work.

ConsThere is a lack of unified purpose. There seems to be a lack of loyalty by leadership unless you are one of the pillars. Very little opportunity for development, growth or mentoring.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive out the company mission and instill it in others.

Licensed Practical Nurse

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
Johnstown, PA

I have been working at Interim HealthCare full-time for less than a year

ProsThe clients are wonderful. So loving and great to work for. I really enjoy being with them and being able to care for them.

ConsThe office staff are unprofessional, rude and don't work to your benefit or the client's at all. They are two-faced and make it harder on you when you are sick or hurt. Especially when you get hurt on the clock at work.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe upper management needs to realize that there is so much going on that they do not see. Or the upper management needs to stop being in denial and step up and address the problems.

Unfair hiring practices

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Interim HealthCare

ProsI do not know because I didn't work there long.

Consnot competitive pay compared to other home health agencies

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen I did my interview for LPN work, I told the DON that I would not be working there long...that I was waiting on my Kentucky nursing license. I took all the tests and pre-employment requirements and an afternoon of training...however I have been doing this work for over six years so I really didn't need all that. I think I paid for my own background check. AFTER all the urine tests, paperwork, skill testing...they told me that I needed to sign a contract saying that I would work there for six months. I told them that I was waiting on my Kentucky license and I didn't want to sign it. They just said to either sign it or leave then. I told them I told the DON during the initial interview that I would not be working there for long and that she didn't say anything to me then about a contract. They said, "Well, that's my job to tell you that...not hers" I signed the contract...I do admit that....and then my Kentucky license came in and I had to quit Interim. During the 3 weeks I did work for them, they could not find me full time work...I did a couple hours 3 days a week. But then I had to pay them $500 for quitting...DON said it was for "training". I don't see how it could be for that because they were going to allow me to leave after I completed the training but before I signed the contract. I paid them but I resent it...that is a lot of money and they should tell interviewees that up front.

Negativity!

I have been working at Interim HealthCare full-time

ProsPaid weekly and the nurses support each other well. That is about all I can say as far as pros go.

ConsThree weeks in to my job I had to stand up for myself with one of the office assistants and the negative attitude towards nursing has continued. Snide comments come from every department and even from the site director. The professionalism is severely lacking throughout and there is a continuous focus on the negative rather than the positive. Working at night and on weekends to catch up on charting because the interruptions in the office are nothing short of continuous. Upper management states they weren't aware the staff had not been trained properly upon hire.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is upper management's job to know what is going on with their staff. Learn about your staff and who they are and their experience and needs prior to making judgements and accusations of poor care.

This company is based on favorites.

I have been working at Interim HealthCare

ProsWorks good as a side job.

ConsThere was a lot of favoritism going on I would only get one case a week that would be 3 hours a day, when the chosen get almost 80 hours a week.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop the favoritism and you can get coverage for all your cases.

Nice place to work but....

Home Health Nurse (Former Employee)
Portland, OR

I worked at Interim HealthCare part-time for less than a year

ProsNice people, over optimistic about their business

ConsThey hire you give you enough work to commit to them and then ...nothing

Advice to Senior Managementquit giving all the work to just 2 or 3 nurses spread it around

I enjoyed working for the company most of the time.

Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee)
Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Interim HealthCare part-time for less than a year

ProsThe clientws I got to work with.

ConsThe hours were two hours or so a clinet and they had you running around every where.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more concerned about your employees and ways to make them want to stay.

Worst Company Ever

Homecare Professional (Former Employee)
Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Interim HealthCare full-time for less than a year

ProsThe lady that did scheduling was very nice, despite telling me incorrect information and lying about it. Some of the clients are very nice

ConsWorst company I have ever worked for in my life! The supervisor and HR were the meanest people I have ever met. I was forced to work in unsafe working conditions, was promised pay that they decided to reduce after hiring me, promised me 40hrs a week and dropped it to 20 when hired and worked 12 hour days for 8 hrs of pay wasting all my own gas driving back and forth between ft collins, loveland, windsor and wellington. They were scheduling everyday for a few to 10 hours depending on the day and was not allowed a day off. Scheduling was made so there wasn't always enough travel time in my schedule to go from windsor to Ft collins and I would get in trouble for being late. Many of us were trained by the company to do certain things for our client that medicaid does not cover and how to fill out our time-sheets and turn them in. However, now that medicaid is looking at the company, they flipped it around to blame it on us. Then they had the nerve to make up that I had a client sign my paperwork or suggest that i forged it even though I worked by butt off for the client that day. All of my clients loved me and said I was the best caregiver they have ever had in the company. They are going to be devastated now that I am gone. I don't get what Interim gets by being nasty to its employees and making it so that none of the employees stay past 1-3 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementReplace your homecare HR and Superviser

Worked for Interim HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interim HealthCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Interim HealthCare CEO Kathleen Gilmartin. All 68 reviews posted anonymously by Interim HealthCare employees.