Interim HealthCare

Be The First To
Add Photos

Interim HealthCare President and CEO Kathleen Gilmartin

Kathleen Gilmartin

Pros
  • Flexible Hours, Decent Wage, Friendly Staff (in 4 reviews)

• Nice people, over optimistic about their business (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Not getting paid miles I have work at different home health and they do pay mileage (in 4 reviews)

• Low pay compared to competetors (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent good place to work

Care Gaver (Current Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsWork around my schedule and nice people

ConsTo tell the truth it is no challenge

Advice to Senior ManagementLove them everybody is tell nice

My experience has been somewhat frustrating due to a change in leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lubbock, TX

ProsEasy organization to work for

ConsComplacency within the leadership ranks

Great starting point

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) Walnut Creek, CA

ProsThis business values its employees, patients are treated very well, and management is truly supportive and available to their staff. They also pay mileage which I was impressed with. Overall a great place to get your feet wet in home care

ConsSome of the systems could use some updating such as their time-sheet issues as well as their compensation package is a bit low-ball. Some of the assignments aren't necessarily what they say they are- for example, was told I was going to care for a demented older man in his home but ended up taking his wife to the gym instead everyday.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love my job

ProsThere isn't a lot of room for promotion I will be leaving here soon. I love one on one care.

ConsManagement does not listen at least in my area. RNs sign waivers agreeing to not be paid overtime. LPNs struggle for hours but RNs work 70 hours a week due to policies. Pay is way below industry standard.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck your policies in Southeastern Indiana at least. We don't need fancy company cars when half of your nurses have no benefits and can't get hours.

Lack of Marketing led to decline in census and closing of several offices.

Customer Service Representative/Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsCo-workers easy to get along with, fair time-off policies, close commute. Middle management is fair and understanding regarding personal issues that occur which may require extended time-off.

ConsLow compensation, short-staffed, poor leadership. There is little or no opportunity to advance with this company. Promotions are rarely given and there is rarely even a "cost of living" raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf better marketed, Interim Healthcare could be a serious contender in the world of healthcare. However their lack of willingness to invest in effective marketing leaves them left behind the more successful agencies. A lot of people in the healthcare community haven't even heard of Interim. This is a shame because they could be much more successful with a little more attention given to Marketing of the company.

Ups and Downs- some good some bad. Just know what you are committing to.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay, weekly pay, don't hear from company unless there is a problem/issue.

ConsCalled off alot de to low census.information is assumed you know so you are held accountable for alot and you need to be able to ask questions if you do not know.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better orientation outline and explanation of job requirements

I worked there for about a month as a pediatric nurse

Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee)

ProsLots of training.....even though I didn't need it because I've been practicing for 10 years...it would be good for new grads

ConsThey make you sign a contract that you'll stay there for six months.....or you have to pay them $500.....this and they couldn't even give me full time work. Schedulers were not very honest. extremely low pay

Advice to Senior Managementtell employees about this contract BEFORE they take all their training.....in other words....during employment interview.

Administrative Staff

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWith professional management, Interim truly values their patients and prioritizes their care. They value their employees and offer a work-life balance that is beyond fair. Wages were comparable to similar companies in my location.

ConsShould have more systems implemented to keep everything managed more efficiently. Limited room for career growth. Limited perks, benefits, or path to move up. Facilities not up to par with resources, especially as it related to having a kitchen area for staff.

Lies and long hours with min. pay

STNA (Former Employee) Mount Vernon, OH

ProsGetting experience in the health field

ConsWorking an hour here and there. Multiple times a day. You end up sitting around between clients hours each day, and not getting paid for it. You have to drive to their homes,but you don't get gas money back. We were told that we were going to get a sign on bonus, but we never got it. We were told that we were going to be given CPR classes, but we never got them.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest to employees and give match shifts better.

Low to no benefits and compensation is not competitive.

Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) Erie, PA

ProsFlexibility is the only real perk.

ConsEmployees can not make a living off this job because the work is unsteady and does not pay enough. All personal care aides are per diam.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is to Kathleen Gilmartin CEO and management in Headquarters. I understand the need to keep healthcare costs affordable to our patients but I also understand what the true worth of the field staff is our patients. Field staff deserve steady employment and to be recognized with decent yearly reviews that compensate for the great work and to be provided benefits with full time status positions. If you take care of your employees they create positive growth and business integrity. Not everyone was meant to do this work but the ones that do should be able to afford to feed their families.. .

Worked for Interim HealthCare? Contribute to the Community!