www.interimphysicians.com

Updated December 5, 2014
Updated December 5, 2014
2.3

Tim Hand

FANTASTIC Experience while working at Interim Physicians!!

Current Employee - Recruiting in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Recruiting in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at Interim Physicians has several "Pros"!!

To begin with, you have a "family" atmosphere, which is fantastic. Your job is independent and mainly on your own, like any other recruiting or account manager position BUT you have a TEAM behind you, at anytime to ask questions, get support, etc..

You have a company that cares about which direction it's moving in, you have a CEO and management that drive an environment to allow you to "do what you do best"! You have that "sense" of being a part of something very special that is only going to grow more and more!

You are not restricted by what you work on, you have the freedom to call on any job(s), any specialty, any state, anytime. No chains, no locks. The entire country is open!

You don't feel like you always have "someone watching over you", you feel open to manage your day how it best suits you! They TRUST that you will do what's necessary and because of that, you WANT to do your part.

You just know when you are working for "good people" and that's definitely what is going on here at Interim Physicians. Great people. Hard workers.

All you have to do is reach out, if we haven't already reached out to you, and we can get the interview setup for you!

Cons

When I come across any cons, I'll update this review.

Let's continue breaking records and growing!

Terrible corporate structure, little longevity among employees, constant turnover of management, sales support and sales

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best part of working at this firm were some of staff and a competitive compensation plan.

Cons

CEO and VP of finance churn through VPs of sales, sales team members and support staff. Many employees don't last more than 2 years. They have even fired employees dealing with major illnesses on FMLA. This is a career mistake. Don't believe the good reviews, they are written by the CEO.

This is a private company, so no advice will matter.

Honest Review

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There are a few co-workers I really like working with at Interim, but I see these people getting treated unfairly.
    Men are treated with respect at Interim Physicians

Cons

The company does not fairly address complaints about their management staff. Talking to HR is not confidential, so don't assume you can trust them with your concerns or questions. It will get you targeted and even fired eventually no matter your performance.
    If you have a medical disorder please don't bring up the severity to Interim Physicians because it will get you terminated.
    Communication within the company is the main reason they will continue to fail. I have witnessed a few extremely valuable people terminated in the last few weeks and these individuals worked 24/7, 365 days a year and produced massive numbers, but they where still removed. It makes me wonder why a company would get rid of star performers of many years that are major players in the industry. Upper Management has to know they will loose doctors and clients because of this decision. I know for certain it is making our current employees afraid to put their everything into Interim by seeing it first hand.
    I've witnessed excellent people lose their jobs simply because Interim decides they don't like a particular person. You cant grow a business by fear and ego.
    The management staff are often very inept and screw up dates, forget to attach files to emails, and generally have problems with scheduling and COMMUNICATION. It is a company wide issue that has been there for several years and is only getting worse.

Interim is a cheap company and thrives on abuse of its employees.

From what I have heard from previous co-workers our CEO Tim Hand hires new VP's every year. These VP's do not have any knowledge of the business other than bringing in there own rep's that didn't succeed at their previous agencies. CEO gives preferential treatment to these new rep's only because the New VP brought them in, not knowing they will sink the business. If they are still at Interim in six months please look and see what accounts they actually brought in from their ability to do the job, not others accounts.

I'm writing this because I am tired of the politics and sexist views (against women) Interim has continuously displayed overtime. I will be giving my notice once I secure this new opportunity with a company that cares about there employees.

****Warning******

The "Good" reviews on Glassdoor about Interim Physicians are written by our Marketing Dept. to give a false impression of Interim.
    I wish someone would have told me the truth about Interim before I started working for this company.

Even though I get treated okay because I am man, doesn't make it okay to treat women and people with disabilities any different. This is sexist ! Being respected shouldn't have anything to do with my sexual orientation, but because of my ability to do my job.

I'm not sure what advise to give because it is already to late for change. We know that good change can never happen with Interim Physicians. The damage is already done; which is devastating to the ones who keep wishing for change.

The Best employees

Former Employee - Support Staff in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great employees would be the only plus

Cons

Badly ran upper management that creates terrible atmosphere

The Best people you have at this time are John, Katrina, Jackie, Joe, Jen, Greg, Holly, Duke and a few others. Treat these individuals with respect and don't take them for granted! I enjoy being around these money makers.

Abandon All Hope; Ye Who Enter Here

Former Employee - Sales Staff
    Former Employee - Sales Staff

I worked at Interim Physicians (more than 3 years)

Pros

I honestly can't think of one. Maybe a coworker or two; maybe a client or two that made it worth it. Seriously, nobody is happy here.

Cons

Constant turnover; mangement likes to set high expectations and then give you zero training or support. Rules apply to sporadic people in a sporadic manner. HR laws are merely a suggestion; and if you have a specific problem, then look to the person with the highest sales to be declared the one in the right. There are 2-3 sales staff that run roughshod over anyone and everyone else and are allowed to get away with it. If you file a formal complaint against one of these "golden children" you will be eventually fired with a list of manufactured grievances.

Stop! Just STOP micromanaging things that don't matter and get some training programs in place. Have rules be rules across the board. If there is a different set of rules for sales then have that set apply to all of sales. A few unstable sales staff need to go, even though they are high producers. Their behavior (crying, yelling, backstabbing and throwing things) would have gotten them fired anywhere else. One in STL is a particular need to terminate. She is a cancer to the entire company (and everyone that has worked there in the last five years or so will know exactly who I'm talking about).

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Interim Physicians has developed a good reputation in the Locum Tenens industry

Cons

The compensation is on the low end at $35,000 Base + Commissions
    All of the support personnel were at the home office which made it difficult to folloow up on details.

Repair the disconnect between the home office (Saint Louis) and the Dallas location.

Unless your a man without any knowledge of the business, good luck.

I have been working at Interim Physicians

Pros

Good commission plan.
    Love co-workers at Interim

Cons

No management at Interim has ever booked a physician in their career, so no leadership.

No training

Unattainable quotas that 2 very talented people have quadruped but no one else has even come close to hitting because these 2 (lady & man in Stl) hit the bar so high.

Dallas employees get passed all the business when someone leaves and they still manage to loose it all due to being new and not earning it on their own.

If you are not a man then you will never be respected for your talents.

Motivate by fear.

Listen to the people that are consistently booking for you. Train new people and pay the money for a good trainer that knows the business. Communicate! Everything rolls downhill, remember that.

A stellar opportunity for growth and experience

Current Employee - Sales Support in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time

Pros

Working at Interim Physicians has provided me with a wealth of resources to further my career goals. Employees are given the opportunity to make forward progress and ongoing changes to better the company. Everyone around the office is very friendly and management is supportive. The culture offers great work/life balance.

Cons

Plans move slowly, which can be good and bad! I really don't have complaints.

Continue to encourage innovation. Recognizing the little things goes a long way. Otherwise, keep doing what you're doing!

Not a good corporate culture

I have been working at Interim Physicians full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sales compensation plan does offer great earning potential

Cons

Very sad corporate culture. Management manages by fear. Company managed by ego. Company does not market the company well. There is great conflict between the departments.

Look at your current employees for promotion. There are many talented employees who currently work for you.

Prepare to be sold an awesome career opportunity. It's anything but...

Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter/Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Interim Physicians full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Excellent office environment. Good work-life balance. Pretty standard 8-5 hours.

Cons

Unless you've been with the company for a few years and have firmly established accounts or have a large managed account where the jobs are rolling in you daily - you will not succeed at this company. I've never seen such high turnover as I have with Interim and the CEO Tim Hand is the reason. Making good money for a new employee is nearly impossible - regardless of your experience. Don't believe me? Ask ANY former employee what they think.