Interim Reviews

3.8

CEO

Helping employ & train individuals with psychiatric disability for employment.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Salinas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salinas, CA

I worked at Interim full-time for more than a year

Pros

Entire staff is dedicated to Interims mission, and leadership and support from administration is consistently outstanding.

Cons

Really do not have any negative to say.

Consistently hire most qualified.

They do a lot of good, but may have lost their way a bit.

I have been working at Interim part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-7 weeks vacation a year (for full-time salaried positions)
    -Ability to advance within the organization
    -Non-sexist organization

Cons

-With a name like Interim, they could do more to help their mentally ill clients get back into society
    -Have to have the passion to help the severely mentally ill
    -Has drifted over the years from a "we're all in this together" mentality of clients and counselors working together to heal, to the much more common and unhealthy paradigm that comes from regulatory bureaucracy of a clinician/patient relationship.
    -The clients are mentally ill, but mental illness is not the same as developmental disability. Full grown adults, even those with severe problems, should not be treated as if they are children.

Mental Health treatment is about more than medication. The most successful outcomes result from a holistic approach. It would do this organization well to remember their founding values, and be mindful that the company name has become laughably ironic.

A wonderful place to work at

Current Employee - Employment Counselor  in  Salinas, CA
    Current Employee - Employment Counselor in Salinas, CA

I have been working at Interim full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

To work with persons that have a mental health disability and assist them to locate a job is the most rewarding job that I have ever had. The executive director is warm and caring. I feel that I can always go to her without an appointment. They have all the staff's interest utmost to them.

Cons

It can become stressful when you are dealing with a consumer that is not taking their medications. It is very sad to see them start to come apart from not taking their medications. We cannot work with them when they are in this state. It is also very sad when you see consumers living on the streets and how others hurt them or take advantage of them.

Continue doing the wonderful work that you have been doing for over 20 years!

Worked for Interim? Contribute to the Community!