Interior Architects

www.interiorarchitects.com

Interior Architects Reviews

Updated May 23, 2014
Interior Architects – United Arab Emirates – “Work”

David Mourning

Excellent hiring process and experiences

Junior Interior Designer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVery responsive since the beginning. IA has been very accommodating during my transition of relocating from a different state. Not only did they put me into contact with current employees that had recently gone through the same experiences as I was about to, but they also were very thorough in following up. It was an easy decision when it came to choosing IA as my next workplace. I highly suggest this company.

ConsAs with any large company, there were times where information was not clearly discussed with me. Although, this could easily be resolved as long as you are clear about what it is your looking for - just ask questions.

Good firm with some great people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsDecent pay and lots of projects. Some of the principals are fantastic.

ConsSome of the work is extremely repetitive. Some of the principals are less than fantastic.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you can determine which principals are fantastic, work with them. If you are stuck with a less than fantastic principal, transfer. If you can't transfer, go somewhere else! Life is too short to work for people who don't care about you.

Soul sucking sweatshop

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSome interesting clients, but not many.

ConsNon existent work -life balance. Overpaid old timers who've worn out their welcome and waste company resources. Passive aggressive middle management and senior technical staff who are more than happy to throw their team under the bus to cover their own behinds and yet still earn promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play favorites by enabling the slackers to get away with murder while a handful of hard workers carry the burden. Lead by example and follow through with meeting team deadlines without any excuses; if we're expected to work overtime to get a job done, so should you.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The fastest revolving door you will ever get stuck in.

Architect Staff (Former Employee)

ProsGood clients. Some of the work is interesting. Many good and talented people; great colleagues. Reasonably diverse skills among staff. Good opportunity for growth if you are young and inexperienced, as you will put in a lot of hours.

ConsCorporate structure benefits the management and gives meager benefits to employees. Office managers get the credit for work well done, not those actually accomplishing the work. Work load is often heavy with little to no support; more experienced staff are expected to do their own production and put in whatever time is necessary in order to accomplish that. Sparse feedback for accomplishments and for hard work; criticism for making mistakes (due to not having adequate support) is more common. Extremely high rate of turn-over. Many of the projects look the same when finished. Voiced concerns to management are not taken seriously, as the attitude is that there are always other people willing to take the job if you don't want it. Only "designers" design; the architects are considered support staff and labeled as "technical."

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize that the firm's success is the result of talented and competent employees and not simply office managers.

Great evolving community.

ProsNew office and influx in work with new younger employees encourage new design and approaches.

ConsBilling fees are low for what they should charge. Sometimes a lack of interaction with employees outside of work.

Incredible internship experience

Junior Interior Designer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI was given tons of responsibility considering I was just a Junior Interior Design Intern. They let me get my feet wet with all different aspects of the industry. Not only did the work experience exceed my expectations, but the work culture was incredible--everyone was so friendly and truly cared about one another.

ConsNone that I can think of!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing!

So far so good

ConsSometimes too fast
    Low fee
    Sometimes confusing and convoluted

Advice to Senior ManagementGet better fees

The last place you'll want to work.

(Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe paychecks come in reliably.

ConsIt does not get much worse than Interior Architects (IA). This is a classic example of management being out of touch with the people working for them and not understanding the fundamentals of running a successful large company. The morale is absolutely in the gutter, turn-over is easily the highest I've witnessed in my career. Many employees start with common optimism only to quickly find themselves desperate to find a way out. There is regular harassment of employees bordering on unlawful. It is not uncommon to find your colleagues in tears having been inappropriately reprimanded for the most minor of details. The environment is cold, disconnected and not at all family friendly. If you're not willing to do regular 12+ hour days to meet unrealistic deadlines you're going to be out of a job.

If you're considering working here, move along. This review only compliments the others on Glassdoor that call-out the absolute hell that is working at IA.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to understand why the turn-over rate far exceeds that of the industry norm.

Disorganized.

Interior Designer (Former Employee)

ProsSome very competent junior and mid level designers. Seriously hard workers.

ConsLack of communication between managers, creative leads and lower staff creates disorganization and emergencies. Emergencies lead to poor creative solutions and mistakes.
    Not a lot of thinking outside of the box, just good solid inexpensive solutions.

You're either "In" or you're "Out"

Project Manager (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThere are a handful of stable professionals here who are dedicated to overall success of the firm. High design ethic is sought. Solid client base.

ConsTread very carefully...once the word gets out that you've done something incorrectly, you're up against a wall. Upper management for the most part, does not have concern for the "people" they employ.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry treating all of your employees with respect., not just your favorites.

Worked for Interior Architects? Contribute to the Community!