Interlake Mecalux Reviews

34 reviews filtered by
1.8
Interlake Mecalux President José Luis Carrillo
José Luis Carrillo

Realistic review from current employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Room for growth
    fast paced/ever changing environment
    Successful company

I am a current employee and believe Interlake Mecalux is a great company to begin your career. They offer great benefits including BCBS insurance, a 401K plan with employee matching, and over 3 weeks paid vacation time. There is tremendous room for growth in all areas as the company is growing each year. I have worked in multiple departments and moved up through the company in my time employed here. They promote from within if possible.

Cons

Open-office environment is not ideal for everyone

2. Very disappointed.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Friendly employees.
    Floating holidays.
    I can't think of anything else.

Cons

Low pay...No raises.
    Very weird open office space... like a grammar school classroom.
    If you are late three times in a given period you are fired... they are very strict on that.
    A lot of micromanaging.
    Management makes you stay late during the last week of the month to out through orders.

Rearrange the office space and give workers some privacy, it is a workplace not a prison.
    Increase wages.
    Give your employees reviews.

This has been a TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I had to rate but this company desire NO STARS

Current Employee - Logistic Coordinator in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Logistic Coordinator in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux

Pros

No likes. About this company.
    I'm a logistic coordinator and that's what I enjoy doing

Cons

Must be Mexican and you must be willing to work for low pay. They have no skills at all.. Because they don't want to pay experience workers

Races.. Company.. Need new HR personal fast .. Because HR is so RACES. No advance growth with the company . Most employee are fire ls if they don't like you

Worst company for ANY position(sales)

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Interlake Mecalux

Pros

Work from home
    Company laptop
    Best lead times(if it can actually ship on time)
    Best pricing
    Design software works pretty well

Cons

Zero sales support tools
    Constantly misses lead times and wants you to lie to customers about it
    Focused on who's fault at was rather than fixing the problem
    Zero trust from upper management
    All employees are expendable
    Corporate office staff turns over every month or so.
    Engineer department turned over 4 times in one year so don't expect to get a simple project back for weeks
    Sales quotas are a joke. Expect HR and management to lie about territory sales numbers during the recruitment process(by at least a 1/2 a million dollars) so they can justify the joke of a salary.
    Make a sale in March, don't expect to get your commission until June or July. Sales aren't sales for you until the customer pays.
    Good luck taking vacation.
    You compete against everyone in the company particularly those in the Dallas office or with national distributors.
    Need freight rates? You will get them from corporate after a week or so.
    Training is a joke

Want you to build distributor relationships but makes you go direct all the time cutting them out.
    Antiquated system so there is no way to track your sales and commissions.

Raises are unheard of.

No consistency in pricing floors(I mean it is steel) and management doesn't not share the information.

If you have 10yrs of sales experience, expect to be talked down to and treated like a child.

Every is ready to throw another coworker under the bus because anything gets you fired.

Run for your life. I stuck it out for a while but nothing changed. Lose senior sales managers and account executives to competition regularly.

Habitual OSHA violations in the most common areas for death and dismemberment in a factory. They would rather pay the fines than fix the problems.

Delegate and quit being so cheap. Invest in your employees. The mfg plants and racking are not your greatest assets. There is no corporate culture. Bring pay into 2014 standards.

Run away!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The benefits were okay, 15 PTO days, a good amount of my coworkers were great to work with on a daily basis.

Cons

Where do I even start? You weren't allowed to ever actually use the PTO days. Absolutely no support from management. They shrink your territory down after you have been there a few months and then complain that you aren't hitting your numbers. They have ruined the relationships with distributors and expect you to fix them even though its almost impossible.

Fire them all and start from scratch.

VERY UNHAPPY

I worked at Interlake Mecalux

Pros

Some of the people are nice. I was there for only 2 months. I found something else quick with a lot of prayers.

Cons

Unless your down on your job hunting skills can't find anything else. You will be better off picking up cans then to work at Interlake Mecalux, Only if your looking for the prison seen with very close supervision. That's just what it's like there, you feel uncomfortable, there's no cubes it's all very open space, cameras all over. It's like your a robot. It's more about the company then the employees. DON'T DO IT! YOU'LL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think about the employees and the management team, everyone is not made out to be managers.. Maybe the company want have such a high turn around.

It was a learning experience for college grads, take it as it is and find something better later.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Learning curve. They throw you into a lot of uncomfortable situations to fend for yourself, and if you have any sort of a brain, you can survive, learn, and maybe even thrive.

Cons

Don't think about asking for more than 28k/year....that is why this company is only good to learn with for a short period of time and then go find something better that will warrant you more salary.

Pay your good employees so they will stay. A 5% increase off of 28k/year is not a living wage.

Working at this company will waste years of your life

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The 15 PTO days, 2 floating holidays, and a few holidays that you are not working at this company. Coworkers are nice people to work with.

Cons

Company does NOT care about employees.
    Compensation is absolutely terrible.
    Employees are micromanaged constantly.
    Office is very poorly maintained with washrooms with broken toilets and sinks.

Make an effort to show your employees that they are valued members of the organization.

Challenging Company

Current Employee - Director in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

My fellow employees were the only reason that I worked for Interlake Mecalux for as long as I did

Cons

Most challenging, has to be the Owner.

Great Management Team, the Owner should leave them alone and let them run the business. It maybe a little rough now since most of the best people have moved on. But, there are a few Diamonds still left. You should update the Management Team. Company CEO you have listed Jose Luis Carrillo is retired.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Account Executive in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really good Insurance, they will hire anyone. 15 days of PTO, 2 floating holidays

Cons

Don't erase your emails, everyone is willing to throw you under the bus. If applying please ask what is the commission rate because it is under 1%, The pay is very low and no room for growth. The company is wanting to have one sale's man per state so don't expect to be making to much from the 28K base salary. No training is available because the company has lost a lot of personnel, because the company really sucks. All of the reviews are true. Also the Engineering Position pays the same 28K

Be upfront about the Sales position, and what it entails.