Interlake Mecalux Reviews

1. Positive regrowth

Former Employee - Logistics in Pontiac, IL
    Former Employee - Logistics in Pontiac, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time

Pros

Company has great benefits and 401k match. Great group of people to work with and for.

Cons

Pay is still below industry averages, but company is making improvements.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, supervisors need to make some changes to ensure you keep the good employees who are supporting the way the company is going.

No organization

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conroe, TX

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good salary for 6 months anyway

Cons

The communication is terrible noone is on the same page and the software they use came out the same year as back to the future its terrible

Advice to Management

Get sap as400 is a nightmare

3. Production welder/assembler

Current Employee - Welder/Assembler in Pontiac, IL
    Current Employee - Welder/Assembler in Pontiac, IL

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that work there are great! I work at a position that I love doing. The three weeks vacation and the medical benefits are great. The company is a leading manufacturer of steel frames.

Cons

Have to go through a temp service. Paid 1350 an hour. Which is sub par for a welder. Paint line makes barely above minimum wage. It is a dangerous environment. Safety is overlooked for the sake of making profits. Management does not have the ability to fix issues with safety. There is far too many accidents. This should be a place that is hard to get into. There is no integretity with dealing with the workers that make the company money and have record breaking profits.

Advice to Management

Pay your skilled workers what they are worth and change the climate of being a starter job to one that people want to make a career out of. Fix safety issues! Get ride of the 401k and offer a real retirement package.

5. Run

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great people. Most everyone I have encountered have been great, hard working talented people. Except for the management- more on them below

Cons

I wish I had listened to the reviews here before signing up with Interlake. As many have said before, this is a horrible place to work. Listen carefully during the interview process, because what was told to me during the interview process was very different from the offer letter. In case you couldn't tell by visiting the corporate office, this is a company built on micro management. If you work out of the main office (work trips or working from home), you must clock in and clock out on your cell phone. You must also generate your calendar a week ahead of time to show your schedule. Any call or email must be logged in their system, or else they do not believe that you have been working. Corporate management is also one of the reasons this company has such a high turnover rate. Aside from the open desk office layout that creates a sweatshop like environment, they have very unrealistic sales goals. They are hiring up as many salespeople as they can dupe, which means territories will be cut. However, support positions are not being filled, which creates a huge burden on everyone else. Also, the computer programs are very obsolete. The inventory program's latest version was released in 1996. No joke. It looks like something from tron. There is also a different program for each type of product sold. These aren't quite as old, but are filled with many bugs and quirks. It is confusing because none of them operate the same way. And last, their homemade CRM system is a joke. They are too cheap to purchase a system that professional programmers have spent years developing, so they have pieced together their own. I would honestly say about a third of my day is spend waiting for this program to load. So please run. They are hiring a lot of new sales people, but no other position. This means that sales territories will be smaller and other supporting positions will be overworked. You have been warned

Advice to Management

update programs, stop with the unrealistic sales projections, stop micromanaging.

6. Worst sales position

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative

I worked at Interlake Mecalux (More than a year)

Pros

make your own schedule , fuel reimbursement , lunch reimbursement,

Cons

Massive delays, never shipped orders on time, every dealer is upset and hates you. 1% commission , when production screws up your order you don't get paid. Engineering support is a joke. Takes 4-6 weeks to get designs back to quote. By the time you have a design ready to quote the dealer already ordered the project from another manufacture. Not worth the stress.

Advice to Management

Get it together or claim bankruptcy again

No future

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good stepping stone for you to find something better in the future.

Cons

Was lied to from the beginning. When I was hired, I was told that their "greatest benefit was they promote from within". After some time, I was told I would have opportunity to move up in the near future. I asked about a year later and was told the company is flat and everyone is known by their departments and don't care about titles. Company went through several managers throughout my employment. Management is completely unfair and judgmental, HR stares at you and make comments when you walk by, low pay, and turnover is embarrassing.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be like Spain and develop your own culture.

inside sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

coworkers were great. I had that he pleasure of meeting some smart and interesting people from other departments. Good place start for a few months and then leave as other opportunities that come will be available. Hint: learn the ins and outs of the manufacturing and distribution world. use that knowledge to leave.

Cons

Terrible pay, terrible ceo, and cut throat management. open office was the worst as you get micromanaged constantly. Take away the computers and it is no different than a third world sweat shop. you get suspended for being a second late. Lazy supervisors who will throw you under the bus if they get a chance.

Advice to Management

treat your workers like human beings and not like second class citizens and everything will fall into place.

production lead

Current Employee - Production Lead in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Production Lead in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The vacation time that ypu earn after being there half of a year is excellent. The employees are nice and friendly.

Cons

The pay sucks. No reviews or raises ever. Fire at will company that makes you sign somwthing saying youll give 2 weeka notice if quitting

Advice to Management

Get ypur heads out of your butts and get some real workers and pay them what they are worth. Quit being so cheap

Very disappointed.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly employees. Floating holidays. I can't think of anything else.

Cons

Low pay...No raises. Very weird open office space... like a grammar school classroom. If you are late three times in a given period you are fired... they are very strict on that. A lot of micromanaging. Management makes you stay late during the last week of the month to out through orders.

Advice to Management

Rearrange the office space and give workers some privacy, it is a workplace not a prison. Increase wages. Give your employees reviews.

This has been a TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I had to rate but this company desire NO STARS

Current Employee - Logistic Coordinator in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Logistic Coordinator in Melrose Park, IL

Pros

No likes. About this company. I'm a logistic coordinator and that's what I enjoy doing

Cons

Must be Mexican and you must be willing to work for low pay. They have no skills at all.. Because they don't want to pay experience workers

Advice to Management

Races.. Company.. Need new HR personal fast .. Because HR is so RACES. No advance growth with the company . Most employee are fire ls if they don't like you

RSS Feed </> Embed