Interlake Mecalux Reviews

Reset
1.7
Interlake Mecalux President José Luis Carrillo
José Luis Carrillo

Realistic review from current employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Room for growth
    fast paced/ever changing environment
    Successful company

I am a current employee and believe Interlake Mecalux is a great company to begin your career. They offer great benefits including BCBS insurance, a 401K plan with employee matching, and over 3 weeks paid vacation time. There is tremendous room for growth in all areas as the company is growing each year. I have worked in multiple departments and moved up through the company in my time employed here. They promote from within if possible.

Cons

Open-office environment is not ideal for everyone

2. No future

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good stepping stone for you to find something better in the future.

Cons

Was lied to from the beginning. When I was hired, I was told that their "greatest benefit was they promote from within". After some time, I was told I would have opportunity to move up in the near future. I asked about a year later and was told the company is flat and everyone is known by their departments and don't care about titles. Company went through several managers throughout my employment.
    Management is completely unfair and judgmental, HR stares at you and make comments when you walk by, low pay, and turnover is embarrassing.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be like Spain and develop your own culture.

inside sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

coworkers were great. I had that he pleasure of meeting some smart and interesting people from other departments. Good place start for a few months and then leave as other opportunities that come will be available. Hint: learn the ins and outs of the manufacturing and distribution world. use that knowledge to leave.

Cons

Terrible pay, terrible ceo, and cut throat management. open office was the worst as you get micromanaged constantly. Take away the computers and it is no different than a third world sweat shop. you get suspended for being a second late.

Lazy supervisors who will throw you under the bus if they get a chance.

Advice to Management

treat your workers like human beings and not like second class citizens and everything will fall into place.

5. production lead

Current Employee - Production Lead in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Production Lead in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The vacation time that ypu earn after being there half of a year is excellent. The employees are nice and friendly.

Cons

The pay sucks. No reviews or raises ever. Fire at will company that makes you sign somwthing saying youll give 2 weeka notice if quitting

Advice to Management

Get ypur heads out of your butts and get some real workers and pay them what they are worth. Quit being so cheap

Very disappointed.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly employees.
    Floating holidays.
    I can't think of anything else.

Cons

Low pay...No raises.
    Very weird open office space... like a grammar school classroom.
    If you are late three times in a given period you are fired... they are very strict on that.
    A lot of micromanaging.
    Management makes you stay late during the last week of the month to out through orders.

Advice to Management

Rearrange the office space and give workers some privacy, it is a workplace not a prison.
    Increase wages.
    Give your employees reviews.

This has been a TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I had to rate but this company desire NO STARS

Current Employee - Logistic Coordinator in Melrose Park, IL
    Current Employee - Logistic Coordinator in Melrose Park, IL

I have been working at Interlake Mecalux

Pros

No likes. About this company.
    I'm a logistic coordinator and that's what I enjoy doing

Cons

Must be Mexican and you must be willing to work for low pay. They have no skills at all.. Because they don't want to pay experience workers

Advice to Management

Races.. Company.. Need new HR personal fast .. Because HR is so RACES. No advance growth with the company . Most employee are fire ls if they don't like you

Worst company for ANY position(sales)

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Interlake Mecalux

Pros

Work from home
    Company laptop
    Best lead times(if it can actually ship on time)
    Best pricing
    Design software works pretty well

Cons

Zero sales support tools
    Constantly misses lead times and wants you to lie to customers about it
    Focused on who's fault at was rather than fixing the problem
    Zero trust from upper management
    All employees are expendable
    Corporate office staff turns over every month or so.
    Engineer department turned over 4 times in one year so don't expect to get a simple project back for weeks
    Sales quotas are a joke. Expect HR and management to lie about territory sales numbers during the recruitment process(by at least a 1/2 a million dollars) so they can justify the joke of a salary.
    Make a sale in March, don't expect to get your commission until June or July. Sales aren't sales for you until the customer pays.
    Good luck taking vacation.
    You compete against everyone in the company particularly those in the Dallas office or with national distributors.
    Need freight rates? You will get them from corporate after a week or so.
    Training is a joke

Want you to build distributor relationships but makes you go direct all the time cutting them out.
    Antiquated system so there is no way to track your sales and commissions.

Raises are unheard of.

No consistency in pricing floors(I mean it is steel) and management doesn't not share the information.

If you have 10yrs of sales experience, expect to be talked down to and treated like a child.

Every is ready to throw another coworker under the bus because anything gets you fired.

Run for your life. I stuck it out for a while but nothing changed. Lose senior sales managers and account executives to competition regularly.

Habitual OSHA violations in the most common areas for death and dismemberment in a factory. They would rather pay the fines than fix the problems.

Advice to Management

Delegate and quit being so cheap. Invest in your employees. The mfg plants and racking are not your greatest assets. There is no corporate culture. Bring pay into 2014 standards.

Run away!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Melrose Park, IL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits were okay, 15 PTO days, a good amount of my coworkers were great to work with on a daily basis.

Cons

Where do I even start? You weren't allowed to ever actually use the PTO days. Absolutely no support from management. They shrink your territory down after you have been there a few months and then complain that you aren't hitting your numbers. They have ruined the relationships with distributors and expect you to fix them even though its almost impossible.

Advice to Management

Fire them all and start from scratch.

VERY UNHAPPY

I worked at Interlake Mecalux

Pros

Some of the people are nice. I was there for only 2 months. I found something else quick with a lot of prayers.

Cons

Unless your down on your job hunting skills can't find anything else. You will be better off picking up cans then to work at Interlake Mecalux, Only if your looking for the prison seen with very close supervision. That's just what it's like there, you feel uncomfortable, there's no cubes it's all very open space, cameras all over. It's like your a robot. It's more about the company then the employees. DON'T DO IT! YOU'LL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Think about the employees and the management team, everyone is not made out to be managers.. Maybe the company want have such a high turn around.

It was a learning experience for college grads, take it as it is and find something better later.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Interlake Mecalux full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learning curve. They throw you into a lot of uncomfortable situations to fend for yourself, and if you have any sort of a brain, you can survive, learn, and maybe even thrive.

Cons

Don't think about asking for more than 28k/year....that is why this company is only good to learn with for a short period of time and then go find something better that will warrant you more salary.

Advice to Management

Pay your good employees so they will stay. A 5% increase off of 28k/year is not a living wage.

RSS Feed </> Embed