Intermedia.net Reviews

24 reviews filtered by
3.4
Intermedia.net Chairman & CEO Phil Koen
Phil Koen

1. Great culture with a very clear vision for the future.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia.net full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very pleasantly surprised about how dynamic the culture is.
    - Poised to go public very soon
    - Very fast paced environment.
    - 24% of Employee's received a promotion in 2014!!
    - Aggressive career path for those who perform
    - High demand for products

Cons

A lot of process still needs to be put in place.

I enjoy it a lot

Current Employee - Exchange Technical Support Engineer in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Exchange Technical Support Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Intermedia.net

Pros

I've been working for Intermedia.net as a L1 tech support for a little over 6 months now. I am one of the people they've hired who work from home. For me this is a blessing. Home workers are able to work full time, though I was hired as part time. For my area of the country, the pay is definitely competitive. Even as part time for me the salary competes with a full time job in my area. The job for me is not too high stress but it has its moments. If you come onto this company expecting to meander around and not do any work, you're going to be unpleasantly surprised.
    Call volume is brisk, but you have breathing room which is a plus to me. Definitely enough case closure time after the call. Yes there are metrics you are held to and yes you can go on probation if you do not meet or come close to their metrics. Every job in this country you're held to metrics so being held to a standard is not bad in my opinion. The metrics are realistic. In my case my manager is incredibly supportive as well as upper management as well. They actually apologize when home worker virtual machines had trouble! From the at home call center I came from previously, Intermedia is a dream. Granted that might sound like a back handed compliment but I literally go "home" from work singing the praises of working for this place after working at a virtual sweatshop. This place is a DREAM COME TRUE.

Cons

No benefits (PTO, Vacation, Sick, Holiday) for part time workers. Only benefit is a no match 401K.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the good work.

Less optimistic than some other reviews

I worked at Intermedia.net

Pros

Compensation appears to be at levels that people are somewhat satisfied with depending on position, nice offices, the company looks like it'll be around in future years, and they pride themselves on being a profitable company and mention it often. You'll see this in their blog posts and internal communications.

Cons

If you don't mind working (micromanaged) in a call center- perhaps this is the place for you. If working in a call center is not your cup of tea don't work here. I'll echo the sentiment that it's sometimes a hostile environment, filled with some people you probably already laugh at when you see them at the supermarket.

In reading these reviews, people echo the sentiments that "cloud is hot"- and this is a company marked as "visionary" by Gartner's as a one stop shop for communication services in the cloud- isn't this lipstick on a pig worthy of an episode of "Silicon Valley"? There's not one software offering that seems particularly innovative- or that's not already done better by someone else. This company sells phone/pbx/email services at a cheap price at Cosco.

So, unless you are an exchange administrator, call centers are your thing, you really need a job or need to continue a mid-level career in Sales/Accounts, there are certainly sexier places to work. It's not hard finding a more organized company either. I don't think I'm the only former employee who just loves one of their latest pitches "The Ex-Employee Menace." I'm not going to say customers aren't happy with the additional service offering myself, but rest assured you can find much better people to tell you how to handle your own employees.

I'm in not in doubt that this year they'll likely pick a couple things other companies are already doing well in Silicon Valley and add them to the total sales package to maintain that "visionary" status.

Advice to Management

You change direction too much.

5. Fast ride on a cloud machine

I have been working at Intermedia.net full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company doing well in "hot" space
    Very large market potential
    Collaborative, fun, professional culture
    Management visibility and accessibility

Cons

Internal systems and processes being improved to meet organization needs
    No stock options for non-executive roles

Questionable.

I have been working at Intermedia.net

Pros

I'm sure there are some employees that can share their "pros" on Intermedia. Personally, I cannot. I guess i can say there are some kind employees at the company and work environment isn't bad.

Cons

Caution required. Unprofessional and perhaps unethical is all that comes to mind when i think of this company. Personally not impressed.

Pay is horrible but they position it differently.

Some just like to talk, and talk, and talk some more. Waste of your time and very unproductive and irrelevant to job.

Advice to Management

I think you would benefit by operating like a professional company.

Intermedia

I worked at Intermedia.net

Pros

Excellent SMB that focuses it products and services on SMB needs. Intermedia exhibits wide high integrity when it come to proving services that work and customer services that actually serves.

Cons

Being small, sometimes the workload can get shifted to various persons in order to get things done. Some of the directors tend to micromanage.

Advice to Management

Make sure each employee knows they are doing their job well.

Disorganized and hostile.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intermedia.net

Pros

Smart people, good compensation, casual working environment.

Cons

Hostile working environment, not friendly, no one is willing to help anyone out. Very disorganized and very little structure. Direction changes constantly. No real values or company culture.

9. Engaging

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Intermedia.net part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm currently working as a Support Engineer in L1. If you're looking to round off your skill sets, Intermediate will not dissapoint. It's fast paced, ultra-engaging and competitive. Definitely a job that will keep you sharp.

Cons

For some, the part time aspect may be an issue. For now, it's more of a perk to me since that's what I was looking for.

Advice to Management

I think the training and goals are reasonable. I can't vouch for promotional opportunities bersus on-site employees as a home worker, since I am relatively new. I'll simply give it my best and see where it leads.

second rate organization

I worked at Intermedia.net full-time

Pros

Expect to get Tuesday bagels and on Thursday's, fresh fruit, and subsidized lunches. Some stand out individuals, who try to make the organization function.

Cons

Management is based upon a mix of self interest (cover thine own posterior) and unrealistic goals. Corporate direction changes upon a whim. Managerial self absorption is rife through the organization, don't expect any assistance, even when it comes to customers.
    Intermedia claims 99.999 percent uptime of their hosted exchange service. However, should an outage occur (which happens periodically), the apologies lack any punch; as the revenue loss for the affected companies seem to negate whatever restitution is ultimately made by Intermedia.
    Commission plans are akin to reading something which is written by someone who uses English as a second language. Expect to accrue sub-par commissions and spend sleepless nights wondering how to make sense of the plan.
    Intermedia is not a friendly company internally and that extends to their customers, too.
    Flex time is a joke, best that you be flexible. Benefits are about average with no match on the 401K. No stock options here.

Advice to Management

Why bother, they're not listening.

11. Pretty Good

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Intermedia.net full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Young age of employees. Very dedicated management.

Cons

Long hours of work in my department.