Intermedia.net

Phil Koen

Engaging

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Intermedia.net part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm currently working as a Support Engineer in L1. If you're looking to round off your skill sets, Intermediate will not dissapoint. It's fast paced, ultra-engaging and competitive. Definitely a job that will keep you sharp.

Cons

For some, the part time aspect may be an issue. For now, it's more of a perk to me since that's what I was looking for.

I think the training and goals are reasonable. I can't vouch for promotional opportunities bersus on-site employees as a home worker, since I am relatively new. I'll simply give it my best and see where it leads.

Disorganized and hostile.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intermedia.net

Pros

Smart people, good compensation, casual working environment.

Cons

Hostile working environment, not friendly, no one is willing to help anyone out. Very disorganized and very little structure. Direction changes constantly. No real values or company culture.

Pretty Good

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Intermedia.net full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Young age of employees. Very dedicated management.

Cons

Long hours of work in my department.

second rate organization

I worked at Intermedia.net full-time

Pros

Expect to get Tuesday bagels and on Thursday's, fresh fruit, and subsidized lunches. Some stand out individuals, who try to make the organization function.

Cons

Management is based upon a mix of self interest (cover thine own posterior) and unrealistic goals. Corporate direction changes upon a whim. Managerial self absorption is rife through the organization, don't expect any assistance, even when it comes to customers.
    Intermedia claims 99.999 percent uptime of their hosted exchange service. However, should an outage occur (which happens periodically), the apologies lack any punch; as the revenue loss for the affected companies seem to negate whatever restitution is ultimately made by Intermedia.
    Commission plans are akin to reading something which is written by someone who uses English as a second language. Expect to accrue sub-par commissions and spend sleepless nights wondering how to make sense of the plan.
    Intermedia is not a friendly company internally and that extends to their customers, too.
    Flex time is a joke, best that you be flexible. Benefits are about average with no match on the 401K. No stock options here.

Why bother, they're not listening.

Disorganized, inefficient ... a frustrating, stressful experience

Former Employee - Exchange Technical Support Engineer Level I in Sweet Home, OR
    Former Employee - Exchange Technical Support Engineer Level I in Sweet Home, OR

I worked at Intermedia.net part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working remotely, I cannot think of one perk except the pay is great compared to Wal-Mart, and you don't have to travel to get to work. But you do have to pay a ton for HSI.

Cons

Home workers are part time with no opportunities. It's impossible to compete against on-site, full-time workers for the periodic performance bonuses. There's nobody where you can just pop up and ask a question. Poor resources for troubleshooting. Too much focus on growth and speed of case handling. Too little focus on developing sound procedures for supporting the customers. You have to be desperate to put up with the poor management and unhealthy working conditions.

Focusing on cases touched per hour does not serve the customer's best interest and trying to move the NPS needle becomes a futile exercise. Try Lithium Community software or something more professional than those KB articles that are written by non-native English speakers. They are awful. Customers could be more self-sufficient with some professional self-serve support resources, like Lithium Community.

Great experience

Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I worked at Intermedia.net full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Smart team of people, casual atmosphere, friendly

Cons

A bit unstructured (this was several years ago)

Technical Support Engineer

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Intermedia.net full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good casual working environment, friendly coworkers, good compensation.

Cons

Lack of Benefits such as matching 401k, etc.

It's intense, but the company is sound, the business is growing like crazy, and people are very competent.

Current Employee - Operations in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - Operations in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Intermedia.net full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Smart, dedicated people, good culture, excellent quality of professionals work here. And they have the most amazing cupcake deliveries....!

Cons

Be ready to work hard and take a lot of responsibility. No whining allowed.

Keep up the great communications and work building the global culture!

Great group of people who work hard and are intensely customer focused

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at Intermedia.net as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Great products and culture, a can do get it done envrironment, Excellent emering technical services that is a real plus to SMB organizations. Offers superior customer service over its competitors which are large organizations Microsoft and Amazon Web Services. Does not have the bureaucracy of the large companies. The opportunity for individuals to make a difference and implement ideas is much easier than large layered companies

Cons

Going through growing pains and do not have the structure and processses of a more mature company. Can be a git chaotic, some young managers who need seasoning and more experience managing staff and departments

Get organized with processes particularly around the hiring process.

I love it here - this is a winning company with smart and fun people, and a great work environment.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Intermedia.net

Pros

Cloud is one of the hottest areas right now, and Intermedia is doing really well pursuing it. The company was bought by a big private equity firm and new management is now running the company. Since then, the company has expanded into more products, better marketing, more focus on customer service, and training and development of employees. Smart, creative people. Visionary and driven management who care about the employees and customers. They really know what they're doing. The company is growing very fast, and moving into great new offices in New York and Mountain View.

Cons

Not really cons, but people work really hard. While there's lots of opportunity to do well and many good jobs, and people do get to move between groups, it's hard to get promoted into management. Most of the executives have significant and senior experience from outside of the company, most coming from other leading companies (thus its hard for most internal people to compete with this level of leadership talent).

Try to give more opportunity for good people to become executives in the company. It seems that most of the top people, and all of the new senior people, were recruited from other companies. I expect that this will improve over time, as the company continues to expand opportunities will open and there will be a need for more people who understand the details of the business.