Intermedix

Add Photos

Doug Shamon

Growing Company, Great Opportunities

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than a year

ProsThe company offers an above average compensation and benefits/perks. Management encourages personal growth and is open to suggestions and ideas, as well as encourages work/life balance. The company has a unique vision and great opportunity to grow for those who grasp where the company is headed.

ConsThere are some "growing pains" as different acquired companies adjust to a single company culture/vision, which is to be expected.

Flag Review

Intermedix Employer Representative responded to this review

Apr 17, 2014

Thank you for your comments and positive feedback about our company. We always listen to our employees suggestions and ideas. There are growing pains with a growing company, and we try to limit the ... More

Intermedix - A company that lacks employee growth and appreciation

Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCo workers and variety concerning workload

ConsNo formal training for newly hired position, lack of management support and guidance, company does not offer moral support activities or programs to foster or boost employee moral, no opportunity for internal growth as company chooses to employ individuals externally instead of looking to move current employees to open management or supervisor roles, no job shadowing program to allow internal employees to grow within the company, and employees are over worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of employing outwardly look to create new roles and positions to allow existing employees to move up within the company. Treat the employees that you work with like they matter, and you will see that they will tend to stick around. Pay the employees what their time and energy is worth, and more employees would stick with the company longer. Create moral support activities to boost employee moral, for employees are currently over worked and over utilized. Listen to the ideas and thoughts of your employees as they matter.

optimistic but the jury is still out

Technology (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people I work with at my location are great.
My supervisors are not at this location but they are also very reasonable and very smart people to work with.
Good problems to work on.

ConsThe company is a loose conglomeration of acquired companies broadly in the emergency medicine field. This makes it hard to feel like part of an enterprise with a focused vision.
At the moment, top management is more focused on cutting costs than serving the customer - even though the past year was not bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide a clear vision. Focus on the customer.

Flag Review

Intermedix Employer Representative responded to this review

Apr 17, 2014

It is good to hear you like working with great and smart people. At Intermedix, we try and find those types of people to grow our company. As we continue to grow our business domestically and ... More

Do you Love your Job?

A/C Specialist (Current Employee)
Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIntermix can be an excellent company but the Supervisors get in way.

Cons*Supervisors in the Miami office treat their staff as if they are supervising teenager. Consistently peaking over their shoulders as if we are playing computer games.
*Supervisor's make you feel that your job is in jeopardy.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement training for the supervisors. Inform supervisor's that they are working with professional woman and men. Happy employees who are proud of their jobs are proud to be at work equal better quality and production.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat environment to work, nice people

ConsWork not well organized, processes not documented

Great concept, but lacking follow through

A/R (Former Employee)

I worked at Intermedix full-time for more than a year

Prosbasic benefits, flexible schedules at this office

Consquotas do not reflect actual work. If the people who set the standards understood the actual work, they would create expectations that create quality. The quota discourages quality work.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the problems

Four years of hard work and no opportunities

Billing (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSomewhat flexible schedules, job security, basic benefit package. Generally speaking management is nice, they do the best they can with the resources available. Safe building, free parking.

ConsHuge disconnect between corporate and the "cubicle monkeys". No opportunities for advancement, even if it is known your one of the better people, funded your own education and completed it while employed full time. Instead of promoting from within, they hire outsiders for positions that could be used for promotions. They hire the cheapest people to actually work the accounts, maintain the smallest staff possible all the while adding on more clients. Then management wonders why the clients are not satisfied with the quality of work. No real training programs, it is a sink or swim environment. The people that are responsible for training are not full time trainers, they are so bogged down with the massive backlog of regular work it is difficult for them to give new employees the time and attention they need to be successful. There are continuous "technical" problems, old dysfunctional equipment and unrealistic expectations. No IT on site, your on your own. One constantly feels they are being set up for failure. Feels like bailing out a sinking ship, nothing has changed the entire time I have been there. Promises for change, with no real follow through.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage commitment to the company with training, advancement opportunities and tuition assistance. Opportunities to work in different positions every couple of years and to learn new skills would make this employee more loyal and less likely to change employers.

Great product, poor company organization.

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat product and local people.

ConsManagement is dismissive. Opportunity to progress is poor and good ideas are not regarded with respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove forward with purpose and direction allowing ideas from those from assisting positions to have a voice and opportunity to grow the company from with in.

Quick Review - After Acquisition of smaller company

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Augusta, GA

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

ProsWe are agile.

The environment for software development is pretty standard; big office with cubes, able to learn new technologies, very fast learning environment.

The customers our department deals with (federal/state/local governments and agencies) are fantastic and well enthused. They are extremely helpful and active throughout the development process.

Yearly salary increase if the personal/departmental goals were met; of course better performance equates to larger salary increase. It is possible to work up the ladder.

There is a lot of freedom you can take when developing the solution, --I personally encourage taking full advantage of exploring technologies on smaller solutions--

There is ample PTO, which increases the longer you are employed. Managers are typically understanding of why you need PTO and will also allow the making up of time (before or after use of PTO).

ConsSome newer guys get low-skilled work to do (basic front end development [pronounced HTML] without access to back end code--not true software development), and this is where they stay for upwards of a year or longer. In order for them to get out of this HTML page writing they've got to be extremely ambitious and start coding the projects outside of the norm and 'flex-their-muscles'; we all know how passive many software developers can be.

For certain departments: there seems to be a lot of politicking in regards to funding and/or project direction.

Regarding benefits: The employees that were hired for the acquired company were promised to maintain benefits as they were before acquisition to encourage employee retention. Several of these benefits were taken away after a year. Since we work for lower-than-most salaries we expected to keep some of these benefits (such as 100% health/medical/dental coverage)--this, i feel, was due to cost cutting measures by new executive management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay true to your promises.

Become more involved with the people who actually write the products your company produces.

I have a great supervisor, but the pay is very bad & the company is always watching you.

I have been working at Intermedix

ProsIf you want to learn, gain a lot of experience and learn new things, this is a great place.

ConsIt's terribly low pay, they are always watching you and you are constantly bombarded with a massive workload which is impossible to finish.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay a little bit more, hire some smart people who will not make ridiculously stupid mistakes over & over again. If the work is done right the first time, your $$ will come in faster and the work will be better and more accurate.

Worked for Intermedix? Contribute to the Community!

Intermedix – Why Work for Us?

Intermedix currently employs approximately 2,000 people across the country, and we are always looking for motivated professionals to join our team. We are a leader in the U.S. healthcare and emergency response… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intermedix reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intermedix CEO Doug Shamon. All 36 reviews posted anonymously by Intermedix employees.