Intermedix

Intermedix President and Chief Executive Officer Doug Shamon

Doug Shamon

Great Company

Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) Mansfield, TX

Prosto many interviews, pay, nice people,

Consthe interviews was to long,

Advice to Senior Managementnice

Rocky road, rewarding work with clients, good potential but will they fulfill it?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsThe exciting opportunity to travel, meeting great people and clients around the country and the satisfaction of helping them succeed and ease their operational headaches so they can focus on patient care. Good salary with flexible hours

ConsManagement, lack of communication from corporate on down. One of our offices from top to bottom is pass the buck central-kicking much needed work and responsibility for completing necessary tasks from one level down to another to another and it still isn't done correctly. We all want to succeed so why doesn't this correct over time?

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease please please rethink the current culture of a salary as an expense that you are burdened with. You have some amazing people at your fingertips, ready and willing to help and go the extra mile at every turn but maybe when the quote of the entire organization becomes..."He/she is a GREAT and dedicated worker but they just have too much on their plate" and that can be said of 30 employees I may communicate in one day with? Maybe you're not investing enough in the human aspects of quality customer service. Also, opportunity for advancement and promotion is a must have....the practice of creating a position that wasn't there before to appease someone salary they were making with the company you just bought is not a sound one. Employees should not be training management in any organization without just compensation.

Very cheap and self serving

Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsThe culture is awesome, the non management folks wonderful.

ConsTruly a cheap company, lousy benefits, poor pay. Looking out for expansion and the bottom line rather than the people that actually keep them in business.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake better care of your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If Only Management Listened to its Employees

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsWork hours are flexible, some very talented people, good PTO, decent pay

ConsLacking leadership, long term goals don't trickle down, no training opportunities, promotions are sparse, pay raise is almost non-existent, 401K cancelled

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople are leaving the company (good people), please take note and act on that

Very disfunctional

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsWork Mon-Fri and off on the holidays. Enjoy

ConsI've been at this company for 3yrs and I'm sorry but to me it seems like things are getting worse. I never advance in the company! There's a lot of favoritism. I've never worked for a company that decreases your pay rate when you switch to a different department. The pay is absolutely horrible! There are people that makes more than me but hasn't been there that long. They're all about numbers so they can look good but in the meantime the quality of the work is overlooked! When I worked in another department I would always hear the same thing " you're a great and knowledgeable rep but your stats aren't good enough" well I'm sorry that I choose to make sure I provide all the necessary and "correct" information to keep the same caller calling back. My stats were horrible but every time upper management came to visit I'm the first person they chose to have the visitor sit with while handling calls. Whatever.
    Departments are so called "diminished" and yet they're putting that same work from the diminished department on others without proper training and it causes a work overload! Then when the numbers aren't to their expectations they're so quick to fire someone. In turn they'll hire someone outside the company and pay them more than the person that was fired. Instead of offering that opened position to someone that's in the company!
    Compliance!?! What's that? Having a compliance line is a joke! Anytime you have people quitting a certain department and made multiple calls regarding their so called manager don't you think you should investigate that issue? I mean it will give some insight about why people are quitting.
    Too many of us are overworked and underpaid period! I would like to know how one decides each individuals amount for a raise because the amount I received they were better off not giving me one.
    There's a LOT more I can say but I believe I gave enough energy talking about this company and my time invested in it. I'm currently looking for a better place of employment that offers better pay and advancement based on your hard work and not kissing someone's behind!
    And the funny thing about my review and previous reviews is STILL NOTHING WILL CHANGE!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop acting as if others are beneath you! Lose the attitude. Appreciate your workers and offer real perks. Allow opportunities to advance. Stop saying what's going to happen and just do it. Words are nice but ACTIONS are better. You put so much on your great employees to the point they quit!

Exciting place to work! Great opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

ProsFast growing company with a diversified offering of services and technologies.

ConsMultiple acquisitions in a short period of time have created challenges to defining the culture of the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate formalized and frequent communication channels to provide information to employees.

Challenging but unstable environment

Software (Current Employee) Milwaukee, WI

ProsVery good work culture and decent work/life balance
    Very talented and technical co-workers(learning and mentoring)
    Decent salary (not benefits)
    Open to ideas and awesome technology stack.

ConsBenefits suck.
    Unstable, not sure when company will ship your job.
    Secretive upper management .
    Dis-functional communication and coordination between branches.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees as an expense sheet and look what they bring to the table.
    Provide stable and open environment, keep employees aware of corporate decisions.

May 30, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on hiring excellent talent, like yourself. Regarding benefits, unfortunately insurance is expensive. Intermedix has a 401k plan, health savings ... More

If Your Not able then get out the way!

Account Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) Miami, FL

ProsIntermedix can be a wonder career opportunity.

ConsIf the work is to challenging for a supervisor, the work is ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your not able to do the job effectively; maybe you need to retire.

Heading down hill.

ProsGood work life balance and flexible work hours.

ConsLack of management and communication

May 15, 2014

Thank you for your response regarding Intermedix and your concerns.. We are are currently putting tools in place so employees are more aware of what the current and future outlook looks like at ... More

Growing Company, Great Opportunities

ProsThe company offers an above average compensation and benefits/perks. Management encourages personal growth and is open to suggestions and ideas, as well as encourages work/life balance. The company has a unique vision and great opportunity to grow for those who grasp where the company is headed.

ConsThere are some "growing pains" as different acquired companies adjust to a single company culture/vision, which is to be expected.

Apr 17, 2014

Thank you for your comments and positive feedback about our company. We always listen to our employees suggestions and ideas. There are growing pains with a growing company, and we try to limit the ... More

Worked for Intermedix? Contribute to the Community!