Intermedix Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
58 reviews filtered by
2.6
Joel Portice

Pros
  • Very good work culture and decent work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• laid back environment, very casual dress code (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, no room to grow, high turnover, client services (in 7 reviews)

• No opportunities for advancement except if you are in upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. Good company for Salaried Employee

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

schedule flexibility, dress code, relaxed environment, leadership, personal growth, hsa

Cons

promotions, compensations is below industry standard

2. Sad to See

I worked at Intermedix

Pros

I worked there a long time and it was a wonderful company. However, those days have come and gone.

Cons

The culture has eroded to the point of being unrecognizable from the wonderful company it was. I anticipate a slow decline over the next 5 years for Intermedix.

Before you expand further, take care of business at home.

3. No 401(k), horrible health benefits, rude upper management, overall bad benefits, no promotions or bonuses

I have been working at Intermedix

Pros

Office location is nice. Great technology.

Cons

You will not receive a promotion or bonus. If you do, you're a VP or higher. The leadership is too high up in the chain to even say 'hello.' Benefits are horrible. No manager training, so you'll easily have a kid with no experience as your manager.

Company needs a makeover inside and out.

Many opportunities to make a difference.

Current Employee - Information Technology
    Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Intermedix

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Opportunities to find ways to make a difference.

Cons

Poor communication. Lack of direction.

Mandate a goal setting process and stick to it.

6. Great place to learn

Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Intermedix (more than a year)

Pros

Valuable experience, flexible schedule, amazing co-workers

Cons

Employees are often stretched too thin.

Be proactive instead of reactive

Employees are expected to have professional degrees, but are paid equal to high school graduates

I worked at Intermedix full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You will never be bored. There is always another pile of incoming faxes to input, subpeonas to attend to, calls incoming, mail to open, accounts to reconcile, and spreadsheets to maintain.

The new software system is very user-friendly, but very involved. Anyone with basic computer skills could work in most of the different departments and be trained pretty quickly. But cross-training and understanding how the different departments collaborate takes time.

The hardware they use is pretty consistently updated. And for any issues, the IT department would reconcile it within a day or two. There are a LOT of security hurdles to get through, even for basic email, so don't lose your passwords. It's a real pain for the employee, supervisor, and IT department to have to go through and re-update all the security information.

Their staffing benefits package is pretty nice if you make it past the 90-day mark. And there is an online tutorial in their benefits awareness to inform employees of their options. They also have a number of paid holidays.

Cons

There is no flexibility in scheduling. Because of the heavy traffic during rush hour, I asked my boss if I could come in an hour earlier/later and leave an hour earlier/later. The traffic added over an hour each direction to my commute and the gas expense per week was equal to one full 8-hour day's wages. (I lived less than 15miles away). She said no simply because it would be too much work for her to have to update my timeclock once a week.

The workload is quite heavy. Many of the clients have strict contracts regarding processing times and there's not enough time/staff to complete it in one workday. If you are paid hourly, you will not get more than 40-hours per week. Overtime does not exist, but staff are still expected to complete the workload assigned. If you are salaried, be prepared to put in at least 50-hours per week.

Regarding wages, they will get the most work for the cheapest staff. During the interview they gave me a salary range between $18-25 hourly BOE. My position required a Bachelor's Degree. I had just completed my Master's Degree and was only paid $10/hr.

The Client Services Department is just that... service to the clients.

Over 80% of the calls recevied daily were forwarded from the call center in OH (not clients). None of the call center staff were trained in actually fixing problems. They only know how to transfer callers to someone else. By the time the caller got to someone who has the knowledge and clearance to actually help them (even simple things, like updating an address change) the caller is irate and wants some sort of restitution.

Likewise, because of the increase in non-client call volume, actual clients that called in could not get through. Generally, they did not have the time to wait in our queue for the next representative. As a result, they would call the next person up the corporate chain and complain.

If bosses want to keep their clients happy, they need to properly support the client services staff and train the call center to being more proactive.

Future looks hazy

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work is easy and fast, if you are trained correctly.
    Gives an opportunity to learn about insurances, medical terminology.
    Promotes from within
    Room for growth
    Work from home-this is no longer an option as of this year.

Cons

Training is all over the place. The training you get depends on the department you are in. Not one manager trains the same as another manager. Which leaves room for confusion and mistakes.
    Mediocre pay.
    Promotes friends/family of current employees without posting job(so others may apply)
    Room for growth ONLY if you get in with the right people. Sometimes hard workers are overlooked in favor of someone who "knows" someone.
    Work is being outsourced to Lithuania-by far the BIGGEST con.

I cannot express the importance of training. The more effort and work you put into your new employees the greater the reward. A training program needs set up and for the love of all things holy do not hire people from outside the company to train new employees. Wouldn't it make more sense to use an employee who knows the ins-and-outs of the work being done instead of a person who has never worked at Intermedix?
    Cross-train. There are staff members who have been with the company as long as I have but only know one aspect of what we do. That isn't right. To understand the full billing process cross training should be done(and done correctly-see point above)
    Value your employees. Don't just say you do, show you do.

Promised a lot, delivered on very little

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Intermedix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Freedom to work independently, highly respected manager

Cons

No training, no room to grow, high turnover, client services

Take care of your workforce, they are incredibly important to the success of the company. I was promised an office, numerous technological devices to improve work efficiency, training and much more. None of which was given. I had to learn the business remotely on my own and was penalized when even after I closed a deal, the client services department did not follow through to collect, which in turn meant no commission to be paid out

10. software development jobs moving offshore

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

work/life balance, flexible work hours, allowed to work remotely.

Cons

They are moving all the software development jobs offshore. Lots of turnover in the technology department. Very poor coordination/communication between teams. Constantly shifting priorities.

Terrible Place to work.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Intermedix full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flourishing EMS Business
    Interesting Line of Business

Cons

Threatening People
    Hire and Fire policy
    Bad billing technology platform

It seemed very interesting to begin with. But then once you put your hands into the technology platforms, you will realize what you are dealing with. The Technology Management doesnt understand nor they care. People dont matter to them. All techies who join have a limited time within which they are observed. There are strange arm twisting tactics employed to get the job done or get overtime.

The salary increases are meager. Recognition to people very biased and unfair. Not worth spending the time and effort on these guys.

Intermedix Photos