Intermedix Reviews

Updated September 12, 2014
2.6

Intermedix President and Chief Executive Officer Doug Shamon
Doug Shamon

An opportunity to experience remote work.

Current Employee - Coder  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Coder in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible, great training, remote work, good pay

Cons

predictable, may not have the same assignments,

Continue to progress the company's ethics.

Great Company

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative  in  Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

to many interviews, pay, nice people,

Cons

the interviews was to long,

nice

Rocky road, rewarding work with clients, good potential but will they fulfill it?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

The exciting opportunity to travel, meeting great people and clients around the country and the satisfaction of helping them succeed and ease their operational headaches so they can focus on patient care. Good salary with flexible hours

Cons

Management, lack of communication from corporate on down. One of our offices from top to bottom is pass the buck central-kicking much needed work and responsibility for completing necessary tasks from one level down to another to another and it still isn't done correctly. We all want to succeed so why doesn't this correct over time?

Please please please rethink the current culture of a salary as an expense that you are burdened with. You have some amazing people at your fingertips, ready and willing to help and go the extra mile at every turn but maybe when the quote of the entire organization becomes..."He/she is a GREAT and dedicated worker but they just have too much on their plate" and that can be said of 30 employees I may communicate in one day with? Maybe you're not investing enough in the human aspects of quality customer service. Also, opportunity for advancement and promotion is a must have....the practice of creating a position that wasn't there before to appease someone salary they were making with the company you just bought is not a sound one. Employees should not be training management in any organization without just compensation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A waste of my skills and time

Current Employee - Finance  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice office and covered parking

Cons

Finance department is a mess with no leadership and manager that causes problems and forgets to pay bills then blames everyone else.

Pay attention to the employees and get better managers

Very cheap and self serving

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Intermedix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture is awesome, the non management folks wonderful.

Cons

Truly a cheap company, lousy benefits, poor pay. Looking out for expansion and the bottom line rather than the people that actually keep them in business.

Take better care of your employees.

Very disfunctional

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work Mon-Fri and off on the holidays. Enjoy

Cons

I've been at this company for 3yrs and I'm sorry but to me it seems like things are getting worse. I never advance in the company! There's a lot of favoritism. I've never worked for a company that decreases your pay rate when you switch to a different department. The pay is absolutely horrible! There are people that makes more than me but hasn't been there that long. They're all about numbers so they can look good but in the meantime the quality of the work is overlooked! When I worked in another department I would always hear the same thing " you're a great and knowledgeable rep but your stats aren't good enough" well I'm sorry that I choose to make sure I provide all the necessary and "correct" information to keep the same caller calling back. My stats were horrible but every time upper management came to visit I'm the first person they chose to have the visitor sit with while handling calls. Whatever.
    Departments are so called "diminished" and yet they're putting that same work from the diminished department on others without proper training and it causes a work overload! Then when the numbers aren't to their expectations they're so quick to fire someone. In turn they'll hire someone outside the company and pay them more than the person that was fired. Instead of offering that opened position to someone that's in the company!
    Compliance!?! What's that? Having a compliance line is a joke! Anytime you have people quitting a certain department and made multiple calls regarding their so called manager don't you think you should investigate that issue? I mean it will give some insight about why people are quitting.
    Too many of us are overworked and underpaid period! I would like to know how one decides each individuals amount for a raise because the amount I received they were better off not giving me one.
    There's a LOT more I can say but I believe I gave enough energy talking about this company and my time invested in it. I'm currently looking for a better place of employment that offers better pay and advancement based on your hard work and not kissing someone's behind!
    And the funny thing about my review and previous reviews is STILL NOTHING WILL CHANGE!

Stop acting as if others are beneath you! Lose the attitude. Appreciate your workers and offer real perks. Allow opportunities to advance. Stop saying what's going to happen and just do it. Words are nice but ACTIONS are better. You put so much on your great employees to the point they quit!

If Only Management Listened to its Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

Work hours are flexible, some very talented people, good PTO, decent pay

Cons

Lacking leadership, long term goals don't trickle down, no training opportunities, promotions are sparse, pay raise is almost non-existent, 401K cancelled

People are leaving the company (good people), please take note and act on that

Exciting place to work! Great opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

Fast growing company with a diversified offering of services and technologies.

Cons

Multiple acquisitions in a short period of time have created challenges to defining the culture of the organization.

Create formalized and frequent communication channels to provide information to employees.

Challenging but unstable environment

Current Employee - Software  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Software in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good work culture and decent work/life balance
    Very talented and technical co-workers(learning and mentoring)
    Decent salary (not benefits)
    Open to ideas and awesome technology stack.

Cons

Benefits suck.
    Unstable, not sure when company will ship your job.
    Secretive upper management .
    Dis-functional communication and coordination between branches.

Stop treating employees as an expense sheet and look what they bring to the table.
    Provide stable and open environment, keep employees aware of corporate decisions.

Intermedix Response

May 30, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on hiring excellent talent, like yourself. Regarding benefits, unfortunately insurance is expensive. Intermedix has a 401k plan, health savings ... More

If Your Not able then get out the way!

Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Intermedix can be a wonder career opportunity.

Cons

If the work is to challenging for a supervisor, the work is ignored.

If your not able to do the job effectively; maybe you need to retire.

Worked for Intermedix? Contribute to the Community!