www.intermedix.com

Updated December 4, 2014
2.5

Intermedix President and Chief Executive Officer Doug Shamon
Doug Shamon

Pros
  • Very good work culture and decent work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• laid back environment, very casual dress code (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, no room to grow, high turnover, client services (in 7 reviews)

• No opportunities for advancement except if you are in upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Future looks hazy

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The work is easy and fast, if you are trained correctly.
    Gives an opportunity to learn about insurances, medical terminology.
    Promotes from within
    Room for growth
    Work from home-this is no longer an option as of this year.

Cons

Training is all over the place. The training you get depends on the department you are in. Not one manager trains the same as another manager. Which leaves room for confusion and mistakes.
    Mediocre pay.
    Promotes friends/family of current employees without posting job(so others may apply)
    Room for growth ONLY if you get in with the right people. Sometimes hard workers are overlooked in favor of someone who "knows" someone.
    Work is being outsourced to Lithuania-by far the BIGGEST con.

I cannot express the importance of training. The more effort and work you put into your new employees the greater the reward. A training program needs set up and for the love of all things holy do not hire people from outside the company to train new employees. Wouldn't it make more sense to use an employee who knows the ins-and-outs of the work being done instead of a person who has never worked at Intermedix?
    Cross-train. There are staff members who have been with the company as long as I have but only know one aspect of what we do. That isn't right. To understand the full billing process cross training should be done(and done correctly-see point above)
    Value your employees. Don't just say you do, show you do.

Promised a lot, delivered on very little

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Intermedix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Freedom to work independently, highly respected manager

Cons

No training, no room to grow, high turnover, client services

Take care of your workforce, they are incredibly important to the success of the company. I was promised an office, numerous technological devices to improve work efficiency, training and much more. None of which was given. I had to learn the business remotely on my own and was penalized when even after I closed a deal, the client services department did not follow through to collect, which in turn meant no commission to be paid out

software development jobs moving offshore

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

work/life balance, flexible work hours, allowed to work remotely.

Cons

They are moving all the software development jobs offshore. Lots of turnover in the technology department. Very poor coordination/communication between teams. Constantly shifting priorities.

Terrible Place to work.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Intermedix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flourishing EMS Business
    Interesting Line of Business

Cons

Threatening People
    Hire and Fire policy
    Bad billing technology platform

It seemed very interesting to begin with. But then once you put your hands into the technology platforms, you will realize what you are dealing with. The Technology Management doesnt understand nor they care. People dont matter to them. All techies who join have a limited time within which they are observed. There are strange arm twisting tactics employed to get the job done or get overtime.

The salary increases are meager. Recognition to people very biased and unfair. Not worth spending the time and effort on these guys.

Good Place to Start

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of PTO and holidays off.

Cons

Low pay, no training program.

They should research how other employers in the medical billing field pay and raise the pay. The employees are expected to do everything perfect, but they do not provide the proper training to do so. The moral is low and most people don't stay at this company longer than a couple years. This job is a good place to start, but is not somewhere to make a career.

This company has a lot of potential, unfortunately they are letting it go to waste.

Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The have the regular benefit package,PTO, 401k, insurance,long and short term disability. There are opportunities to telecommute. My department has a great Supervisor which I am lucky to have. Quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Lot's of favoritism, and nepotism. Don't appreciate the great workers they have. They love to hire from without and give the new employee a higher pay rate. Here I am two years after they hired this new person who makes twice what I do an hour, and yet I still have to go behind and fix her mistakes. Are you kidding me? While the handful of employees who have been toiling for years have to beg for a raise. Another thing I find amazing is the fact that they love to brag about all their new acquisitions and expansions, but have the nerve to give me a 10 cent raise that I begged for. Guess that's why they have such a high turn over of employees. Maybe they should heed the motto. A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush. No opportunities for advancement except if you are in upper management.

Please start taking care of those employees who work hard for you and do it well. Let them know they are appreciated by giving them a living wage. Get rid of those lazy workers who only make more work for the rest of us. This company has an opportunity to do great things in this business. But if this current misuse and abuse of your good employees continue you will find more of them leaving and eventually have a company full of lack-wits pulling you down. This one good employee is on the way out!!! I have had enough.

An opportunity to experience remote work.

Current Employee - Coder in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Coder in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible, great training, remote work, good pay

Cons

predictable, may not have the same assignments,

Continue to progress the company's ethics.

Great Company

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

to many interviews, pay, nice people,

Cons

the interviews was to long,

nice

Rocky road, rewarding work with clients, good potential but will they fulfill it?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

The exciting opportunity to travel, meeting great people and clients around the country and the satisfaction of helping them succeed and ease their operational headaches so they can focus on patient care. Good salary with flexible hours

Cons

Management, lack of communication from corporate on down. One of our offices from top to bottom is pass the buck central-kicking much needed work and responsibility for completing necessary tasks from one level down to another to another and it still isn't done correctly. We all want to succeed so why doesn't this correct over time?

Please please please rethink the current culture of a salary as an expense that you are burdened with. You have some amazing people at your fingertips, ready and willing to help and go the extra mile at every turn but maybe when the quote of the entire organization becomes..."He/she is a GREAT and dedicated worker but they just have too much on their plate" and that can be said of 30 employees I may communicate in one day with? Maybe you're not investing enough in the human aspects of quality customer service. Also, opportunity for advancement and promotion is a must have....the practice of creating a position that wasn't there before to appease someone salary they were making with the company you just bought is not a sound one. Employees should not be training management in any organization without just compensation.

A waste of my skills and time

Current Employee - Finance in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office and covered parking

Cons

Finance department is a mess with no leadership and manager that causes problems and forgets to pay bills then blames everyone else.

Pay attention to the employees and get better managers

Intermedix Photos