Intermedix Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.4
Joel Portice

Pros
  • Very good work culture and decent work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• work/life balance, flexible work hours, allowed to work remotely (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No training program for new hires (in 7 reviews)

• No opportunities for advancement except if you are in upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. Who is Intermedix?

Former Employee - Team Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Team Coordinator in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

They have a flexibility work schedule. They offer health, dental and vision benefits. They offer 401k. They help those in need with fund raisers.

Cons

The insurance has a high premium and deductible.

Advice to Management

Listen to those that have been there and know what they are doing in order to help with the daily processing of each department.

2. Potential

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

Company is moving in the right direction trying to make positive changes. CEO is the leader this company needed at a pivotal point. Flexible work environment and management support.

Cons

Variable pay opportunities and payouts need to be improved.

3. Okay

Current Employee - Operations
    Current Employee - Operations

Pros

Very flexible work schedule with paid holidays and easy going management.

Cons

Lack of room to advance professionally within the company.

5. account information specialist

Former Employee - Intermedix Patient Information Specialist
    Former Employee - Intermedix Patient Information Specialist

I worked at Intermedix (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company laid back work environment

Cons

Not enough pay, No room for advancement

I've enjoyed working with the clients and wish changes would happen internally to take this company to the next level.

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy working with the clients, there is a lot of potential for this company to go forward and do great things.

Cons

Lack of respect from upper management, lack of communication, high stress, big company with a small company mentality. Old ideas need refreshed from upper management down.

Advice to Management

Change is a good thing, don't disrespect your employees or allow your management staff to do so.

7. Manager

Current Employee - Billing Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Billing Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Intermedix (More than 10 years)

Pros

None anymore give it all to executives

Cons

No loyalty since went Corporate

Advice to Management

Loyalty to the US is what they need

8. No Integrity, No Honesty, and No Loyality

Former Employee - Employee
    Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Intermedix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Paid time off, holidays off, 401K, A lot of the employees are good decent people. Has remote coders, in house data entry, nice people for the most part.

Cons

Dishonesty, no integrity when it comes to their employees, think of the employees as a number, not a name or a person. Dishonest practices. To many offices to answer to. Jacksonville is the main. Outsources work to other countries, so that they can pay less for subpar quality. If your company is purchased by Intermedix, be prepared that you likely will lose your job. Ran by accountants, not medical professionals, so money is that bottom line. (This was told to me by more than 2 supervisors), I am not a hostile ex-employee. I am an honest person who will not make up things to get even. Most all the employees I have talked to dislike the company, due to the disrespect they feel. The are asked to do incredible amounts of work with little pay, to go above and beyond to make deadlines, however, management is unwilling to do the same for the employees. Every month is stressful due to QA scores. The management plays favoritism to certain employees and are very hash on others. Management will actually "lie" to employees and there are mostly unspoken suspicions (including management in various offices) that Jacksonville alters certain employee records and production, especially if they wish to get rid of an employee. The provide very little training and re-training should an employee needs it. There is very little room for advancement unless you live and work in Jacksonville. There is virtually no feed back to employees unless it is bad feed back. No positive encouragement.

Advice to Management

Start treating and paying your employees with respect, with integrity, with honor, and with compassion. You are taking a potentially great company and keeping it at a subpar and inferior company due to greed and selfishness. Be SELF-LESS, BE HONEST, be a company that everyone WANTS to do business with, not have to do business with.

9. Terrible Work Environment

Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Intermedix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Paid time off and Monday-Friday early hour schedule.

Cons

Extremely low pay for the amount of work required. The work environment is terrible. Everyone hates their job and feels like they are paid next to nothing. You might as well get a job answering phones , you will make more money than working here. There is absolutely no room to move up and if there is an opening they will not choose the most qualified candidate, they will choose one of their friends. High turnover rate and I can see why. This company does not value the employees and people are replaceable to them. Do not waste your time.

Advice to Management

Value the quality employees who put in time and effort and pay them their worth. You waste money constantly hiring and training new employees. You could save money by giving more than $0.20 raises and invest money into your employees. I don't understand why anyone would stay here more than a year. It's unfortunate I wasted several years here.

10. Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Intermedix (More than 5 years)

Pros

Overall good company to work for.

Cons

Minimal room for advancement unfortunately

11. Terrible upper management, poor pay, overwhelming stress, ridiculous work loads

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company has grown and continues to despite poor management. Good place to get experience under your belt but I would not stay more than a year and then move on

Cons

No training for managers, VP's need to stop disrespecting employees and help to foster a good culture, poor pay, overwhelming workloads that are impossible to complete, VP's play favorites, do not promote the proper people internally, loyalty means nothing, not uncommon for salaried low level managers to work more than 60 hours per week

Advice to Management

Instead of looking at your high level managers to term, start looking at the VP level. These folks are driving off skilled employees and don't even bat an eye. They are only in it for themselves and see their low level managers as slaves to them. They show no respect, make discriminating remarks about employees sexual preferences, discriminate against people who take medical leave and frequently curse at staff. Terrible culture; new CEO however I know he had come too late for me to continue to stay. I love what I do but I can find another company that will respect and appreciate the countless hours I put into them

RSS Feed </> Embed