Intermedix Reviews

Updated October 17, 2014
2.6

Intermedix President and Chief Executive Officer Doug Shamon
Doug Shamon

Pros
  • Very good work culture and decent work/life balance (in 4 reviews)

• laid back environment, very casual dress code (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No training program for new hires (in 6 reviews)

• Low pay, promised higher salary in interview process, then offered low ball pay (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

An opportunity to experience remote work.

Current Employee - Coder in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Coder in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible, great training, remote work, good pay

Cons

predictable, may not have the same assignments,

Continue to progress the company's ethics.

Good Place to Start

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plenty of PTO and holidays off.

Cons

Low pay, no training program.

They should research how other employers in the medical billing field pay and raise the pay. The employees are expected to do everything perfect, but they do not provide the proper training to do so. The moral is low and most people don't stay at this company longer than a couple years. This job is a good place to start, but is not somewhere to make a career.

This company has a lot of potential, unfortunately they are letting it go to waste.

Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The have the regular benefit package,PTO, 401k, insurance,long and short term disability. There are opportunities to telecommute. My department has a great Supervisor which I am lucky to have. Quarterly bonuses.

Cons

Lot's of favoritism, and nepotism. Don't appreciate the great workers they have. They love to hire from without and give the new employee a higher pay rate. Here I am two years after they hired this new person who makes twice what I do an hour, and yet I still have to go behind and fix her mistakes. Are you kidding me? While the handful of employees who have been toiling for years have to beg for a raise. Another thing I find amazing is the fact that they love to brag about all their new acquisitions and expansions, but have the nerve to give me a 10 cent raise that I begged for. Guess that's why they have such a high turn over of employees. Maybe they should heed the motto. A bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush. No opportunities for advancement except if you are in upper management.

Please start taking care of those employees who work hard for you and do it well. Let them know they are appreciated by giving them a living wage. Get rid of those lazy workers who only make more work for the rest of us. This company has an opportunity to do great things in this business. But if this current misuse and abuse of your good employees continue you will find more of them leaving and eventually have a company full of lack-wits pulling you down. This one good employee is on the way out!!! I have had enough.

Great Company

Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Mansfield, TX
    Current Employee - Patient Account Representative in Mansfield, TX

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

to many interviews, pay, nice people,

Cons

the interviews was to long,

nice

Rocky road, rewarding work with clients, good potential but will they fulfill it?

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

The exciting opportunity to travel, meeting great people and clients around the country and the satisfaction of helping them succeed and ease their operational headaches so they can focus on patient care. Good salary with flexible hours

Cons

Management, lack of communication from corporate on down. One of our offices from top to bottom is pass the buck central-kicking much needed work and responsibility for completing necessary tasks from one level down to another to another and it still isn't done correctly. We all want to succeed so why doesn't this correct over time?

Please please please rethink the current culture of a salary as an expense that you are burdened with. You have some amazing people at your fingertips, ready and willing to help and go the extra mile at every turn but maybe when the quote of the entire organization becomes..."He/she is a GREAT and dedicated worker but they just have too much on their plate" and that can be said of 30 employees I may communicate in one day with? Maybe you're not investing enough in the human aspects of quality customer service. Also, opportunity for advancement and promotion is a must have....the practice of creating a position that wasn't there before to appease someone salary they were making with the company you just bought is not a sound one. Employees should not be training management in any organization without just compensation.

A waste of my skills and time

Current Employee - Finance in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Finance in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office and covered parking

Cons

Finance department is a mess with no leadership and manager that causes problems and forgets to pay bills then blames everyone else.

Pay attention to the employees and get better managers

Very cheap and self serving

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is awesome, the non management folks wonderful.

Cons

Truly a cheap company, lousy benefits, poor pay. Looking out for expansion and the bottom line rather than the people that actually keep them in business.

Take better care of your employees.

If Only Management Listened to its Employees

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

Work hours are flexible, some very talented people, good PTO, decent pay

Cons

Lacking leadership, long term goals don't trickle down, no training opportunities, promotions are sparse, pay raise is almost non-existent, 401K cancelled

People are leaving the company (good people), please take note and act on that

Very disfunctional

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work Mon-Fri and off on the holidays. Enjoy

Cons

I've been at this company for 3yrs and I'm sorry but to me it seems like things are getting worse. I never advance in the company! There's a lot of favoritism. I've never worked for a company that decreases your pay rate when you switch to a different department. The pay is absolutely horrible! There are people that makes more than me but hasn't been there that long. They're all about numbers so they can look good but in the meantime the quality of the work is overlooked! When I worked in another department I would always hear the same thing " you're a great and knowledgeable rep but your stats aren't good enough" well I'm sorry that I choose to make sure I provide all the necessary and "correct" information to keep the same caller calling back. My stats were horrible but every time upper management came to visit I'm the first person they chose to have the visitor sit with while handling calls. Whatever.
    Departments are so called "diminished" and yet they're putting that same work from the diminished department on others without proper training and it causes a work overload! Then when the numbers aren't to their expectations they're so quick to fire someone. In turn they'll hire someone outside the company and pay them more than the person that was fired. Instead of offering that opened position to someone that's in the company!
    Compliance!?! What's that? Having a compliance line is a joke! Anytime you have people quitting a certain department and made multiple calls regarding their so called manager don't you think you should investigate that issue? I mean it will give some insight about why people are quitting.
    Too many of us are overworked and underpaid period! I would like to know how one decides each individuals amount for a raise because the amount I received they were better off not giving me one.
    There's a LOT more I can say but I believe I gave enough energy talking about this company and my time invested in it. I'm currently looking for a better place of employment that offers better pay and advancement based on your hard work and not kissing someone's behind!
    And the funny thing about my review and previous reviews is STILL NOTHING WILL CHANGE!

Stop acting as if others are beneath you! Lose the attitude. Appreciate your workers and offer real perks. Allow opportunities to advance. Stop saying what's going to happen and just do it. Words are nice but ACTIONS are better. You put so much on your great employees to the point they quit!

Exciting place to work! Great opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

Fast growing company with a diversified offering of services and technologies.

Cons

Multiple acquisitions in a short period of time have created challenges to defining the culture of the organization.

Create formalized and frequent communication channels to provide information to employees.

Intermedix Photos