Intermedix Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Joel Portice

Pros
  • Very good work culture and decent work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• work/life balance, flexible work hours, allowed to work remotely (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No training program for new hires (in 7 reviews)

• No opportunities for advancement except if you are in upper management (in 5 reviews)

1. I've enjoyed working with the clients and wish changes would happen internally to take this company to the next level.

Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Client Service Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Enjoy working with the clients, there is a lot of potential for this company to go forward and do great things.

Cons

Lack of respect from upper management, lack of communication, high stress, big company with a small company mentality. Old ideas need refreshed from upper management down.

Advice to Management

Change is a good thing, don't disrespect your employees or allow your management staff to do so.

2. poor work environment

Current Employee - Outging, Hardworker, Easy Going, Love People in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Outging, Hardworker, Easy Going, Love People in Warren, MI

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A job that I do very well and thankful for this opportunity

Cons

Worked there 15 years we went corporate and everything fell apart no good management

Advice to Management

Don't play favorites, loyalty and hardworking people should get respect...oh I'm sorry it's all friends and family

3. Patient Account Representative

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Intermedix full-time

Pros

It gave me some wonderful experience for my 1st job since graduating college

Cons

Job description didn't quite fit what I was supposed to do, ended up in the call center answering phones, not going billing

Advice to Management

Just make sure the job description fits the position.

5. medical billing specialist

Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Medical Billing Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Intermedix full-time

Pros

Benefits and I loved the work

Cons

Had to take a whole hour for lunch

Advice to Management

Fire the outsourcing

6. Sad to See

I worked at Intermedix

Pros

I worked there a long time and it was a wonderful company. However, those days have come and gone.

Cons

The culture has eroded to the point of being unrecognizable from the wonderful company it was. I anticipate a slow decline over the next 5 years for Intermedix.

Advice to Management

Before you expand further, take care of business at home.

7. No 401(k), horrible health benefits, rude upper management, overall bad benefits, no promotions or bonuses

I have been working at Intermedix

Pros

Office location is nice. Great technology.

Cons

You will not receive a promotion or bonus. If you do, you're a VP or higher. The leadership is too high up in the chain to even say 'hello.' Benefits are horrible. No manager training, so you'll easily have a kid with no experience as your manager.

Advice to Management

Company needs a makeover inside and out.

8. Good company for Salaried Employee

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

schedule flexibility, dress code, relaxed environment, leadership, personal growth, hsa

Cons

promotions, compensations is below industry standard

Many opportunities to make a difference.

Current Employee - Information Technology
    Current Employee - Information Technology

I have been working at Intermedix

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Opportunities to find ways to make a difference.

Cons

Poor communication. Lack of direction.

Advice to Management

Mandate a goal setting process and stick to it.

10. Great place to learn

Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Intermedix (More than a year)

Pros

Valuable experience, flexible schedule, amazing co-workers

Cons

Employees are often stretched too thin.

Advice to Management

Be proactive instead of reactive

Employees are expected to have professional degrees, but are paid equal to high school graduates

I worked at Intermedix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will never be bored. There is always another pile of incoming faxes to input, subpeonas to attend to, calls incoming, mail to open, accounts to reconcile, and spreadsheets to maintain.

The new software system is very user-friendly, but very involved. Anyone with basic computer skills could work in most of the different departments and be trained pretty quickly. But cross-training and understanding how the different departments collaborate takes time.

The hardware they use is pretty consistently updated. And for any issues, the IT department would reconcile it within a day or two. There are a LOT of security hurdles to get through, even for basic email, so don't lose your passwords. It's a real pain for the employee, supervisor, and IT department to have to go through and re-update all the security information.

Their staffing benefits package is pretty nice if you make it past the 90-day mark. And there is an online tutorial in their benefits awareness to inform employees of their options. They also have a number of paid holidays.

Cons

There is no flexibility in scheduling. Because of the heavy traffic during rush hour, I asked my boss if I could come in an hour earlier/later and leave an hour earlier/later. The traffic added over an hour each direction to my commute and the gas expense per week was equal to one full 8-hour day's wages. (I lived less than 15miles away). She said no simply because it would be too much work for her to have to update my timeclock once a week.

The workload is quite heavy. Many of the clients have strict contracts regarding processing times and there's not enough time/staff to complete it in one workday. If you are paid hourly, you will not get more than 40-hours per week. Overtime does not exist, but staff are still expected to complete the workload assigned. If you are salaried, be prepared to put in at least 50-hours per week.

Regarding wages, they will get the most work for the cheapest staff. During the interview they gave me a salary range between $18-25 hourly BOE. My position required a Bachelor's Degree. I had just completed my Master's Degree and was only paid $10/hr.

Advice to Management

The Client Services Department is just that... service to the clients.

Over 80% of the calls recevied daily were forwarded from the call center in OH (not clients). None of the call center staff were trained in actually fixing problems. They only know how to transfer callers to someone else. By the time the caller got to someone who has the knowledge and clearance to actually help them (even simple things, like updating an address change) the caller is irate and wants some sort of restitution.

Likewise, because of the increase in non-client call volume, actual clients that called in could not get through. Generally, they did not have the time to wait in our queue for the next representative. As a result, they would call the next person up the corporate chain and complain.

If bosses want to keep their clients happy, they need to properly support the client services staff and train the call center to being more proactive.

RSS Feed </> Embed