Intermedix Reviews

Updated September 25, 2014
2.6

Intermedix President and Chief Executive Officer Doug Shamon
Doug Shamon

If Your Not able then get out the way!

Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Intermedix can be a wonder career opportunity.

Cons

If the work is to challenging for a supervisor, the work is ignored.

If your not able to do the job effectively; maybe you need to retire.

Heading down hill.

I have been working at Intermedix

Pros

Good work life balance and flexible work hours.

Cons

Lack of management and communication

May 15, 2014

Thank you for your response regarding Intermedix and your concerns.. We are are currently putting tools in place so employees are more aware of what the current and future outlook looks like at ... More

Growing Company, Great Opportunities

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company offers an above average compensation and benefits/perks. Management encourages personal growth and is open to suggestions and ideas, as well as encourages work/life balance. The company has a unique vision and great opportunity to grow for those who grasp where the company is headed.

Cons

There are some "growing pains" as different acquired companies adjust to a single company culture/vision, which is to be expected.

Apr 17, 2014

Thank you for your comments and positive feedback about our company. We always listen to our employees suggestions and ideas. There are growing pains with a growing company, and we try to limit the ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intermedix - A company that lacks employee growth and appreciation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co workers and variety concerning workload

Cons

No formal training for newly hired position, lack of management support and guidance, company does not offer moral support activities or programs to foster or boost employee moral, no opportunity for internal growth as company chooses to employ individuals externally instead of looking to move current employees to open management or supervisor roles, no job shadowing program to allow internal employees to grow within the company, and employees are over worked.

Instead of employing outwardly look to create new roles and positions to allow existing employees to move up within the company. Treat the employees that you work with like they matter, and you will see that they will tend to stick around. Pay the employees what their time and energy is worth, and more employees would stick with the company longer. Create moral support activities to boost employee moral, for employees are currently over worked and over utilized. Listen to the ideas and thoughts of your employees as they matter.

optimistic but the jury is still out

Current Employee - Technology
    Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people I work with at my location are great.
    My supervisors are not at this location but they are also very reasonable and very smart people to work with.
    Good problems to work on.

Cons

The company is a loose conglomeration of acquired companies broadly in the emergency medicine field. This makes it hard to feel like part of an enterprise with a focused vision.
    At the moment, top management is more focused on cutting costs than serving the customer - even though the past year was not bad.

Provide a clear vision. Focus on the customer.

Apr 17, 2014

It is good to hear you like working with great and smart people. At Intermedix, we try and find those types of people to grow our company. As we continue to grow our business domestically and ... More

Great concept, but lacking follow through

Former Employee - A/R
    Former Employee - A/R

I worked at Intermedix full-time for more than a year

Pros

basic benefits, flexible schedules at this office

Cons

quotas do not reflect actual work. If the people who set the standards understood the actual work, they would create expectations that create quality. The quota discourages quality work.

Listen to the problems

Four years of hard work and no opportunities

Current Employee - Billing
    Current Employee - Billing

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedules, job security, basic benefit package. Generally speaking management is nice, they do the best they can with the resources available. Safe building, free parking.

Cons

Huge disconnect between corporate and the "cubicle monkeys". No opportunities for advancement, even if it is known your one of the better people, funded your own education and completed it while employed full time. Instead of promoting from within, they hire outsiders for positions that could be used for promotions. They hire the cheapest people to actually work the accounts, maintain the smallest staff possible all the while adding on more clients. Then management wonders why the clients are not satisfied with the quality of work. No real training programs, it is a sink or swim environment. The people that are responsible for training are not full time trainers, they are so bogged down with the massive backlog of regular work it is difficult for them to give new employees the time and attention they need to be successful. There are continuous "technical" problems, old dysfunctional equipment and unrealistic expectations. No IT on site, your on your own. One constantly feels they are being set up for failure. Feels like bailing out a sinking ship, nothing has changed the entire time I have been there. Promises for change, with no real follow through.

Encourage commitment to the company with training, advancement opportunities and tuition assistance. Opportunities to work in different positions every couple of years and to learn new skills would make this employee more loyal and less likely to change employers.

Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great environment to work, nice people

Cons

Work not well organized, processes not documented

Quick Review - After Acquisition of smaller company

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Augusta, GA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Augusta, GA

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

We are agile.

The environment for software development is pretty standard; big office with cubes, able to learn new technologies, very fast learning environment.

The customers our department deals with (federal/state/local governments and agencies) are fantastic and well enthused. They are extremely helpful and active throughout the development process.

Yearly salary increase if the personal/departmental goals were met; of course better performance equates to larger salary increase. It is possible to work up the ladder.

There is a lot of freedom you can take when developing the solution, --I personally encourage taking full advantage of exploring technologies on smaller solutions--

There is ample PTO, which increases the longer you are employed. Managers are typically understanding of why you need PTO and will also allow the making up of time (before or after use of PTO).

Cons

Some newer guys get low-skilled work to do (basic front end development [pronounced HTML] without access to back end code--not true software development), and this is where they stay for upwards of a year or longer. In order for them to get out of this HTML page writing they've got to be extremely ambitious and start coding the projects outside of the norm and 'flex-their-muscles'; we all know how passive many software developers can be.

For certain departments: there seems to be a lot of politicking in regards to funding and/or project direction.

Regarding benefits: The employees that were hired for the acquired company were promised to maintain benefits as they were before acquisition to encourage employee retention. Several of these benefits were taken away after a year. Since we work for lower-than-most salaries we expected to keep some of these benefits (such as 100% health/medical/dental coverage)--this, i feel, was due to cost cutting measures by new executive management.

Stay true to your promises.

Become more involved with the people who actually write the products your company produces.

Great product, poor company organization.

I have been working at Intermedix full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great product and local people.

Cons

Management is dismissive. Opportunity to progress is poor and good ideas are not regarded with respect.

Move forward with purpose and direction allowing ideas from those from assisting positions to have a voice and opportunity to grow the company from with in.

Intermedix Photos

Intermedix

+ Add Photo

Worked for Intermedix? Contribute to the Community!