www.intermedix.com

Updated December 4, 2014
2.5

Intermedix President and Chief Executive Officer Doug Shamon
Doug Shamon

Pros
  • Very good work culture and decent work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• laid back environment, very casual dress code (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No training, no room to grow, high turnover, client services (in 7 reviews)

• No opportunities for advancement except if you are in upper management (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Very cheap and self serving

Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Patient Account Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The culture is awesome, the non management folks wonderful.

Cons

Truly a cheap company, lousy benefits, poor pay. Looking out for expansion and the bottom line rather than the people that actually keep them in business.

Take better care of your employees.

If Only Management Listened to its Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

Work hours are flexible, some very talented people, good PTO, decent pay

Cons

Lacking leadership, long term goals don't trickle down, no training opportunities, promotions are sparse, pay raise is almost non-existent, 401K cancelled

People are leaving the company (good people), please take note and act on that

Very disfunctional

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work Mon-Fri and off on the holidays. Enjoy

Cons

I've been at this company for 3yrs and I'm sorry but to me it seems like things are getting worse. I never advance in the company! There's a lot of favoritism. I've never worked for a company that decreases your pay rate when you switch to a different department. The pay is absolutely horrible! There are people that makes more than me but hasn't been there that long. They're all about numbers so they can look good but in the meantime the quality of the work is overlooked! When I worked in another department I would always hear the same thing " you're a great and knowledgeable rep but your stats aren't good enough" well I'm sorry that I choose to make sure I provide all the necessary and "correct" information to keep the same caller calling back. My stats were horrible but every time upper management came to visit I'm the first person they chose to have the visitor sit with while handling calls. Whatever.
    Departments are so called "diminished" and yet they're putting that same work from the diminished department on others without proper training and it causes a work overload! Then when the numbers aren't to their expectations they're so quick to fire someone. In turn they'll hire someone outside the company and pay them more than the person that was fired. Instead of offering that opened position to someone that's in the company!
    Compliance!?! What's that? Having a compliance line is a joke! Anytime you have people quitting a certain department and made multiple calls regarding their so called manager don't you think you should investigate that issue? I mean it will give some insight about why people are quitting.
    Too many of us are overworked and underpaid period! I would like to know how one decides each individuals amount for a raise because the amount I received they were better off not giving me one.
    There's a LOT more I can say but I believe I gave enough energy talking about this company and my time invested in it. I'm currently looking for a better place of employment that offers better pay and advancement based on your hard work and not kissing someone's behind!
    And the funny thing about my review and previous reviews is STILL NOTHING WILL CHANGE!

Stop acting as if others are beneath you! Lose the attitude. Appreciate your workers and offer real perks. Allow opportunities to advance. Stop saying what's going to happen and just do it. Words are nice but ACTIONS are better. You put so much on your great employees to the point they quit!

Challenging but unstable environment

Current Employee - Software in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Software in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very good work culture and decent work/life balance
    Very talented and technical co-workers(learning and mentoring)
    Decent salary (not benefits)
    Open to ideas and awesome technology stack.

Cons

Benefits suck.
    Unstable, not sure when company will ship your job.
    Secretive upper management .
    Dis-functional communication and coordination between branches.

Stop treating employees as an expense sheet and look what they bring to the table.
    Provide stable and open environment, keep employees aware of corporate decisions.

May 30, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on hiring excellent talent, like yourself. Regarding benefits, unfortunately insurance is expensive. Intermedix has a 401k plan, health savings ... More

Exciting place to work! Great opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time

Pros

Fast growing company with a diversified offering of services and technologies.

Cons

Multiple acquisitions in a short period of time have created challenges to defining the culture of the organization.

Create formalized and frequent communication channels to provide information to employees.

If Your Not able then get out the way!

Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Account Receivable Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intermedix can be a wonder career opportunity.

Cons

If the work is to challenging for a supervisor, the work is ignored.

If your not able to do the job effectively; maybe you need to retire.

Heading down hill.

I have been working at Intermedix

Pros

Good work life balance and flexible work hours.

Cons

Lack of management and communication

May 15, 2014

Thank you for your response regarding Intermedix and your concerns.. We are are currently putting tools in place so employees are more aware of what the current and future outlook looks like at ... More

Growing Company, Great Opportunities

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company offers an above average compensation and benefits/perks. Management encourages personal growth and is open to suggestions and ideas, as well as encourages work/life balance. The company has a unique vision and great opportunity to grow for those who grasp where the company is headed.

Cons

There are some "growing pains" as different acquired companies adjust to a single company culture/vision, which is to be expected.

Apr 17, 2014

Thank you for your comments and positive feedback about our company. We always listen to our employees suggestions and ideas. There are growing pains with a growing company, and we try to limit the ... More

Intermedix - A company that lacks employee growth and appreciation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami Lakes, FL

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Co workers and variety concerning workload

Cons

No formal training for newly hired position, lack of management support and guidance, company does not offer moral support activities or programs to foster or boost employee moral, no opportunity for internal growth as company chooses to employ individuals externally instead of looking to move current employees to open management or supervisor roles, no job shadowing program to allow internal employees to grow within the company, and employees are over worked.

Instead of employing outwardly look to create new roles and positions to allow existing employees to move up within the company. Treat the employees that you work with like they matter, and you will see that they will tend to stick around. Pay the employees what their time and energy is worth, and more employees would stick with the company longer. Create moral support activities to boost employee moral, for employees are currently over worked and over utilized. Listen to the ideas and thoughts of your employees as they matter.

optimistic but the jury is still out

Current Employee - Technology
    Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at Intermedix full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people I work with at my location are great.
    My supervisors are not at this location but they are also very reasonable and very smart people to work with.
    Good problems to work on.

Cons

The company is a loose conglomeration of acquired companies broadly in the emergency medicine field. This makes it hard to feel like part of an enterprise with a focused vision.
    At the moment, top management is more focused on cutting costs than serving the customer - even though the past year was not bad.

Provide a clear vision. Focus on the customer.

Apr 17, 2014

It is good to hear you like working with great and smart people. At Intermedix, we try and find those types of people to grow our company. As we continue to grow our business domestically and ... More

Intermedix Photos