Intermountain Healthcare
www.intermountainhealthcare.org Salt Lake City, UT 5000+ Employees

Intermountain Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014
Intermountain Healthcare – “Intermountain Healthcare”

Intermountain Healthcare President, CEO, and Trustee Charles W. Sorenson

Charles W. Sorenson

Pros:
  • "Work life balance, work from home option, paid vacation"
    in 11 reviews
  • "IHC really provides a positive work environment"
    in 13 reviews
Cons:
  • "Low pay for responsibility at staff levels"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Because it is a non profit, salaries and benefits are not bad but are not great"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Benefits

Medical Assistant (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI love the Benefits and the staff here at Intermountain. It is a positive environment and everyone is always willing to help and support everyone else!

ConsWe are Medical Assistants in charge of so many different responsibilities, we are the Physicians "right hand" but we are paid........lets just say I made more before going to school and as a teenager. But I love taking care of patients....what to do?

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your Medical Assistant's what we are worth. Start charging for "No show's", even if its a $5.00 "No show fee" , this will be enough to give MA's a raise AND if not, it will teach our patients to show up to their appts thus still bringing in more money.....to give the MA's a raise :)
    -Always glad to help!

Great place to start

Developer (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsMy manager really cares about me. He told me that he wants what's best for me and my career development, regardless of whether that means I stay on his team or not.

ConsIt's a non-profit so while pay is competitive, you can definitely get more elsewhere

Advice to Senior ManagementStop dropping buzzwords like Big Data and Silo's and do something about it. Can the weak project management matrix and get some work done.

Overall a great place to work.

Housekeeper (Current Employee)

ProsI like that everyone's opinion matters there. I've had the opportunity to job shadow in other departments as I've been attending college and am looking into future careers. I've also had the opportunity of being part of committees.

ConsI feel like the quality of leadership is lower than it could be.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on hiring better managers or people who are willing to work hard to be a good manager.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr. Financial Analyst

ProsLifetime employment. Good benefits and workplace.

Conspay is low and are short staffed.

Great Place to Work!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits, Great Coworkers, Diverse opportunities within the corp. When you have a good manager you can grow and grow and grow --if not you can be micromanaged to death. The y do care about the employees and it shows.

ConsSome micromanagement within various departments.

Advice to Senior ManagementK

Great benefits

ProsFantastic benefits -- even a pension plan

ConsVery rigid. There is a policy for everything, which often creates red tape for solving problems.

Job security and plenty of opportunities

CNA/Tech (Current Employee)
    Orem, UT

ProsGreat people and a lot of opportunities to move around. Tuition reimbursement, good benefits and lots of free training/classes.

ConsPay is lower than what you would expect, but it may be because it's based in Utah where pay is low across the board.

Great Company

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsStrives for excellence, encourages teamwork, pushes for growth and improvement, rewards employees, and is not for profit

ConsDoesn't pay the best, but they are competitive within the state of Utah. Utah as a whole does not pay RNs well.

Great company to work for.

ProsInnovative company that seeks to find better ways of doing routine to complex processes.
    Mission Driven company that actually follows it's mission, vision, and values in most cases.
    Efficiency Minded company that looks for ways to save on cost to themselves and their patients.
    Very Professional way in which they do business with all clients and employees.

ConsDiscrepancies between Hospital and Clinic compensation.
    High levels of pay for people in administrative positions that don't add sufficient value to the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate what you pay your Nurses. :)

Innovative, caring workplace

ProsInnovation for evidence-based medicine, rethinking the healthcare landscape; nonprofit organization; truly does operate by its values

ConsWay too much work for the staff at times in the central office/strategic teams, not enough people to do what needs to be done to accommodate change

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, other than realize that sometimes in upper-middle management, relationships and progress seem to be more based on "who knows who" than on skills and ideas. This is endemic in corporate culture; wish Intermountain could escape this.

Worked for Intermountain Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Intermountain Healthcare Videos

Intermountain Healthcare – Why Work for Us?

Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized, nonprofit, system of 22 hospitals, a Medical Group with more than 185 physician clinics, and an affiliated health insurance company, SelectHealth. Our… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intermountain Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intermountain Healthcare CEO Charles W. Sorenson. All 166 reviews posted anonymously by Intermountain Healthcare employees.