Intermountain Healthcare Reviews

219 reviews filtered by
3.9
Intermountain Healthcare President, CEO, and Trustee Charles W. Sorenson
Charles W. Sorenson

Pros
  • Work schedules are flexible and there's a good work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Great benefits, stable work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for responsibility at staff levels (in 8 reviews)

• Because it is a non profit, salaries and benefits are not bad but are not great (in 5 reviews)

1. Great Company to Work For

Former Employee - Patient Care in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Patient Care in Logan, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros

My family has worked with this company for as long as I've been alive. It is a great place to work! They really focus on taking care of the patient as a person and are consistently improving their care. Benefits are phenomenal! I have never seen coverage like it. From incentive programs(where they pay to be healthy and manage stress) to healthcare coverage there is always someone you talk to about you and your family. I highly recommend it to anyone.

Cons

It can be very hard to get in. Once you are in though, you're there. Due to high application income the screening can be brutally. If you answer one question wrong, your application doesn't ever make it to a person to look at. Make sure all your certifications (BLS, CPR, ect) are update before you apply

2. IHC is an all-around great company. Keep expectations of moving up low.

Former Employee - Patient Accounts Resolution Specialist in Logan, UT
    Former Employee - Patient Accounts Resolution Specialist in Logan, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Solid company, organized, efficient, constantly looking to improve, good people, amazing benefits

Cons

salary is low, under qualified and uneducated

Allow room for employees to move up the company ladder

3. Flexible company that values students working for them.

Current Employee - Housekeeper in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Housekeeper in Provo, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was able to get internships and am also looking to advance my career here once i finish my degree. They value employees and want them to stay.

Cons

Living in Utah brings on a lot of challenges. There are so many people with degrees that getting the jobs you want can really be difficult.

They do a great job with reaching out and giving advice to those looking to change thier paths. I would only say that it would be better if they actually had more mobility going around to allow different players to come into the company, or for others to move up.

5. Very good company

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros

Great work environment and benefits

Cons

I really can not complain

6. Great Company

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros

Values, people, culture, work-life balance and health/retirement benefits.

Cons

At market or lag market base pay

Get rid of the pension and put it toward base pay (comp structure is geared toward long tenured staff, who are not going to leave anyway)

7. Large corporate feel, pushes to be patient focuses. People who are happiest seem to be the ones that conform the most.

Current Freelancer - Operating Room Orderly in Murray, UT
    Current Freelancer - Operating Room Orderly in Murray, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare (more than a year)

Pros

The hours are extremely manageable while going to school. Work with great people and low turn over.

Cons

There are so many modules of education that are required quarterly, most of which seem pointless.

Work-life balance goes up and down during the year. End of the year is crazy. Put pressure on insurance companies to change system.

8. Stable

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros

Stable, Good Benefits, and great People

Cons

They will push and push to grow or decrease inefficiencies but rarely give more resources.

9. Great culture of accountability, mutual respect, and innovation

Current Employee - Business in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Business in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone has a voice, leadership is well aligned on delivering on their commitments, transparency in interactions

Cons

Many decisions take potentially longer than they should. There is often a cross functional team approach to problems which can make a week long decision into a year long decision...however, this can also be a bit of a "pro" when multiple viewpoints are considered.

Continue to do what you do, stay the course on your commitments. While we all realize that innovation and being a world class organization requires change, the speed of change is sometimes blowing people up...it has been a lot in the last two years...let's take some time to stabilize the changes already executed.

People complain about the pay, but the benefits and culture offset that in my mind...I'd rather work for a little less for a company I believe in than making more working for a company I didn't align culturally with. Best organization I have ever worked for, and it's not close.

10. Good institution to work for. Good benefits and pay.

Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Physician Assistant in Murray, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros

Good pay; good benefits. Great co-workers

Cons

A few surgeons can be ridiculously perfectionist, demeaning, and demanding, as well as petty.

11. Big corporation that is starting to care way more about margins than about the employees that drive their success.

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros

It is a very stable company and is expanding every year. (It is almost a monopoly for the healthcare industry in Utah.)

Cons

Upper management is clearly focused on cost savings and maximizes any savings it can . . . often to the detriment of its employees. This is especially evident in the service departments; employee rosters have been greatly reduced (some departments have been cut almost in half). They are exploiting employees positions and overloading them to save a buck. This is leading to declining quality in patient care.

It is the PEOPLE who make the company successful . . . not the cost savings and newest and fanciest facilities!

Intermountain Healthcare Photos