www.intermountainhealthcare.org

Updated December 19, 2014
3.8

Intermountain Healthcare President, CEO, and Trustee Charles W. Sorenson
Charles W. Sorenson

Pros
  • Work schedules are flexible and there's a good work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Great benefits, stable work environment (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay for responsibility at staff levels (in 8 reviews)

• Because it is a non profit, salaries and benefits are not bad but are not great (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Taylorsville clinic

Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Taylorsville, UT
    Current Employee - Patient Service Representative in Taylorsville, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Low pay, okay benefits, doctors are awesome.

Cons

They run this clinic like a sweat job from the pharmacy to receptionist they all in trouble. no coverage no prn pools, if your sick to bad rsv you still have to come in, you have a funeral find coverage. Favoritism is a big deal. If your a female your in great hands of your a male your treated like dirt, you will have the most difficult, heavy jobs.

Fire all the managers and hire a manager with in the techs receptionist positions. The old managers have Favoritism and is against company policy. Never seen so much discrimination in one company as I seen in Taylorsville ihc clinic.

The job itself was alright. I enjoyed preparing rooms for the patients

Former Employee - Houskeeper in Provo, UT
    Former Employee - Houskeeper in Provo, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Consistent hours and schedule
    Working on your own, not a ton of micro managing
    Nurses and Staff are helpful and friendly when you are lost
    Other co workers are helpful

Cons

Long 8 hour days, can be hard physically bending down a lot
    Rushing around all day, hard to take breaks
    Stressful timing when cleaning rooms
    Certain management can be hard to work with
    Not a lot of appreciation when working
    Not a lot of pay. Very low. Starts at 9.91 an hour.

Care about concerns of employees more
    Switch up jobs more. Don't make employees work in the same area day after day.
    Better pay. MUCH better pay. Like 6 bucks more. For ALL houskeepers. They work hard and deserve it.

One of the best and one of the worst

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time

Pros

There's a lot of interesting work and the people are friendly and good to work with. For the most part it is a fun environment. Work schedules are flexible and there's a good work/life balance.

Cons

Advancement is generally difficult. The quality of managers varies. If you have a good one, it's great, if not then find another job. There are a lot of politics and a culture that is resistant to change. The bureaucracy is getting worse with several new policies are added every month. Pay is based primarily on seniority and has little to do with performance.

Pay more attention to the culture below the VP level.

Good, but promotions take forever

Current Employee - IT Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - IT Team Lead in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Stability . Will be fun if you end up with a good manager

Cons

Promotions cant be a dream. Again, politics plays a huge role. When one vice president gets control of major IT projects, he promotes all the guys close to him.

For heaven sake, have some flexibility and process for promoting people in IT division. We understand that IHC is not a IT company and promotions are slower, but atleast establish a proper process.

Office Coordinator III

Current Employee - Office Coordinator III
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator III

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Insurance. Yep that is it. Because Select Health is part of Intermountain Healthcare it is hard to find better insurance

Cons

Management is a bunch of back stabbing gits! You get into the region offices and they are a bunch of old men and women who have nothing else to do but stab each other in the back! Here is a hint! Jr High called and they want their attitude back.
    If you thing you are going to get a job to get a foot in.... turn around. You aren't going anywhere!

If you have a clinic that can not keep management there is something wrong. My clinic has a 2 year turn over. I understand you have some people that define themselves by their job but there has to be a work/personal balance. Also in one on ones my supervisor won't let me leave until I start to cry. This is harassment! Please open your eyes and see that having 85% of management on Anti-Depressants and 85% of employees 3-400 pounds shows there are unhappy employees!
    Oh and quit making our raises depending on our body weight! I am one of the lucky ones but I have friends who won't get a raise because you are forcing us to do Live Well as a goal for a raise.

Patient accounts

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Overall fair place to work.

Cons

Not enough part time opportunities when life makes that necessary.

Help people more when emergencies occur; not just patients have them!

The people at Intermountain are friendly and always encouraging improvement and excellent care.

Former Employee - Patient Care Assistant in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Patient Care Assistant in Ogden, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly and good work environment. Employee's receive recognition for hard work and are encouraged and supported in educational aspirations. Continuing education modules are assigned quarterly to keep you informed and educated. Monthly skills pass-off's are helpful to keep your skills fresh and up to date. Staff meetings are fun, interactive, and you are compensated for your time. Supervisors are understanding and willing to work with your schedule.

Cons

Compensation is lower than desired. You can find better pay for the same job with other companies, however, it is hard to find a company that measures up in other aspects.

Great Benefits

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I love the Benefits and the staff here at Intermountain. It is a positive environment and everyone is always willing to help and support everyone else!

Cons

We are Medical Assistants in charge of so many different responsibilities, we are the Physicians "right hand" but we are paid........lets just say I made more before going to school and as a teenager. But I love taking care of patients....what to do?

Pay your Medical Assistant's what we are worth. Start charging for "No show's", even if its a $5.00 "No show fee" , this will be enough to give MA's a raise AND if not, it will teach our patients to show up to their appts thus still bringing in more money.....to give the MA's a raise :)
    -Always glad to help!

Great place to start

Current Employee - Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My manager really cares about me. He told me that he wants what's best for me and my career development, regardless of whether that means I stay on his team or not.

Cons

It's a non-profit so while pay is competitive, you can definitely get more elsewhere

Stop dropping buzzwords like Big Data and Silo's and do something about it. Can the weak project management matrix and get some work done.

Overall a great place to work.

Current Employee - Housekeeper
    Current Employee - Housekeeper

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I like that everyone's opinion matters there. I've had the opportunity to job shadow in other departments as I've been attending college and am looking into future careers. I've also had the opportunity of being part of committees.

Cons

I feel like the quality of leadership is lower than it could be.

Focus on hiring better managers or people who are willing to work hard to be a good manager.

Intermountain Healthcare Photos