Internal Data Resources Reviews

Updated April 7, 2015
50 reviews filtered by
3.9
Eric French

Pros
  • It is tough work, so if you arent willing to put in the time to become great in this business; this is not for you (in 3 reviews)

• If you are 100% certain you want a career in sales, IDR is an outstanding opportunity (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and basically the lowest hourly pay that's offered to college graduates (in 12 reviews)

• Work/Life balance is definitely rough (in 4 reviews)

Excellent experience with IDR right from on-boarding to looking forward for a successful career!

Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst/Developer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

I was introduced to IDR through one of my colleagues.
    Having been in IT field for over a decade now, i quickly identified how thorough and dedicated IDR is.
    They took time to explain the benefits and answer all the questions i had before joining IDR, their approach towards employee satisfaction is unique and excellent.

Perfect blend of
    I - Integrity
    D - Dedication
    R - Relationship

IDR has taken the time and effort to establish a well integrated system that helps all its employees to view and update their personal and payroll information online.
    Transparency in doing business is only a virtue possessed by true business leaders!
    I am looking forward for a sweet relationship , rewarding and satisfactory career with IDR.

Samantha Green - Engagement Manager, is one of the best person by far with great business and interpersonal ethics!
    I am very glad to work with her! always approachable and knowledgeable enough to answer any question.

Cons

So far i have no comments on this and i hope that i won't in future!

Advice to Management

Please note that this is not an advice but an appreciation!
    Samantha Green is one of your best employees and i am very glad to have her as a colleague!
    She has always been available and ready to answer any questions i had in the most accurate and appropriate way!

Great people, great support,great pay----- would recommend!!

Current Employee - Contractor in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Contractor in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

I was a consultant, but felt supported. They called me and emailed me, bringing me into the fold. I could have been as involved as I wanted. I felt like I had a work family. The benefits were great ( Insurance and if I had not gone full time , thanks to them, I would have gotten the retirement benefits). Additionally, they supported me when I was offered a fulltime role with the client that was contracted to through them.

Cons

No cons other than not having vacations, which is standard for what I do.

Advice to Management

Keep Ashley, Travis and Mae Mae ( sp?) and the gang happy. They are great.

3. Why I Love Working at IDR

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

During my interview process, it was the gritty and passionate team of people who share the same ambitious goals as mine that led me to join the IDR team.
    During my first year at IDR I’ve definitely been faced with some challenges, but those challenges have come with an extremely rewarding outcome (and a six-figure income). The personal and professional growth that’s come from all of my hard work has made it more than worth it.
    There is so much I love about this company that keeps me coming back every day – the motivation we receive to challenge ourselves, the supportive and inspirational team that surrounds me, and the overwhelming potential for career growth that is ahead of me. Unlike some of IDR’s competitors, we allow you to earn commission from day one. We also offer a competitive base, uncapped commission, performance bonuses and an all-expense paid trip to Mexico through our Annual Sales and Recruiting contest. Our compensation is rewarded based on performance, and we firmly believe in hard work.
    There are so many factors solidifying the fact that I made the right decision to join IDR and become part of the team that catapults our company to the next level. I love everything the company stands for and strives for, but mostly, I love the person that I’m becoming along the way.

Cons

- The more you work, the more opportunity you have to make a lot of money. That comes with working long hours and making sacrifices in your personal life.
    - The rewards seen in any sales/recruiting role, IDR being no exception, definitely come in the form of delayed gratification. You have to accept the learning curve, continue working hard every day, and remain patient knowing that big paychecks are just around the corner. Management will tell you this upfront, but it takes 6-8 months before you begin making a significant income.

Opportunity of a lifetime!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

Working at IDR has been the most amazing opportunity. I am surrounded by passionate and driven individuals who all encourage me to be a better version of myself daily. The culture is incredible and management is truly engaged and committed to helping everyone get better through our leadership development, mentor-ship, and corporate athlete programs. If you are looking for not only a job, but a career path then this is the company for you!

Cons

The industry is tough and the hours can be long, but I can't complain because with hard work comes great success!

6. Not for everyone but not a bad company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Internal Data Resources (more than a year)

Pros

Good culture, upward mobility, fun team, good PTO, personal trainer, boot camp

Cons

management, growing pains, long hours, no work life balance

I will miss working with IDR.

Former Contractor - IT Contractor in Nashville, TN
    Former Contractor - IT Contractor in Nashville, TN

I worked at Internal Data Resources as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The staff at IDR was very accessible and easy to talk to. Everyone that I had the pleasure of interacting with was courteous and professional.

Cons

I can’t immediately think of a downside in regards to my relationship with IDR. Keep up the sales effort and continue expanding your client base.

Advice to Management

Please continue doing what you are doing. The staff is friendly and professional and both your clients, as well as your contractors, seem to be happy with the quality of service being delivered. Keep up the good work!

I truly feel bad for people that get sucked into this lie of a "job"

I worked at Internal Data Resources

Pros

The only thing i can think of was going to staff celebrations and getting free food.

Cons

I do not think i have ever been more belittled, mistreated, disgusted by a work environment. The "CEO" calls you baby and kisses you on the head. Girls: DO NOT WEAR A DRESS. I was constantly sexually harassed, by all men in the office and it was announced to everyone how hot i looked that day in what i was wearing.

Along with sexual harassment, I was screamed at, cussed out, talked to like i was stupid--which i can assure you, i am nowhere near stupid. I have seen the CEO throw things across a room, get into a woman's face and dog cuss her out. One time, i was honestly scared that the CEO was going to punch one of the (woman) account managers in the face because she "back talked" him.

I passed the interview process by working out with the team...if that tells you what they care about, how good you look in the office.

Advice to Management

You will never be successful as long as the crazy CEO stays there.

Don't believe the good reviews- those are from current employees being compelled to write them!

Former Employee - IT Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The pro is that you saw this review. Do not apply for a job at the IDR Atlanta location. It is. Scam- this job still gives me nightmares. You will be over worked and underpaid. Forced to be subjected to leadership that talks to you like you're a dog and if you're a woman you will be subjected to being looked at like a piece of meat.

Cons

See pros. This is not a real job. They will con you in but you won't last no one does and you won't wan to! Get out while you still can

Advice to Management

Learn how to run a real business

10. IDR Contractor

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

Friendly managers, easy to contact

Cons

Transition to new positions could be better

Advice to Management

Keep looking for new contracts for existing contractors

11. Technical Recruiter

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I worked at Internal Data Resources

Pros

IDR not only sets high goals for their employees - but also set up employees with the right tools and training to obtain them. They care a lot of fitness and the health of their employees which I see as a pro because I love working out, but if you are not into fitness this is 100% not the company for you. My favorite part of working with IDR is the "enrichment" through reading and discussing personal and professional growth books.

Cons

Unfortunately, their DC location was not staffed with proper leadership to enable success for their employees. I was only with them a short time but felt that there was never the opportunity to grow as a young professional right out of school since there was no one to provide guidance to someone that is new to the industry (the office consisted of myself, another recent college grad, and an account manager 2 years out of college). That being said, the training program in Atlanta, run by Sam was great, and if that support was provided in the DC location - I would likely still be there today!

Advice to Management

If the DC location is still open, provide same guidance/ another local employee like Sam in this location. Continue workouts, they are fun and great team building!

Internal Data Resources Photos