Internal Data Resources Reviews

Updated March 25, 2015
48 reviews filtered by
3.8
Eric French

1. Great people, great support,great pay----- would recommend!!

Current Employee - Contractor in Brentwood, TN
    Current Employee - Contractor in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

I was a consultant, but felt supported. They called me and emailed me, bringing me into the fold. I could have been as involved as I wanted. I felt like I had a work family. The benefits were great ( Insurance and if I had not gone full time , thanks to them, I would have gotten the retirement benefits). Additionally, they supported me when I was offered a fulltime role with the client that was contracted to through them.

Cons

No cons other than not having vacations, which is standard for what I do.

Keep Ashley, Travis and Mae Mae ( sp?) and the gang happy. They are great.

2. Why I Love Working at IDR

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

During my interview process, it was the gritty and passionate team of people who share the same ambitious goals as mine that led me to join the IDR team.
    During my first year at IDR I’ve definitely been faced with some challenges, but those challenges have come with an extremely rewarding outcome (and a six-figure income). The personal and professional growth that’s come from all of my hard work has made it more than worth it.
    There is so much I love about this company that keeps me coming back every day – the motivation we receive to challenge ourselves, the supportive and inspirational team that surrounds me, and the overwhelming potential for career growth that is ahead of me. Unlike some of IDR’s competitors, we allow you to earn commission from day one. We also offer a competitive base, uncapped commission, performance bonuses and an all-expense paid trip to Mexico through our Annual Sales and Recruiting contest. Our compensation is rewarded based on performance, and we firmly believe in hard work.
    There are so many factors solidifying the fact that I made the right decision to join IDR and become part of the team that catapults our company to the next level. I love everything the company stands for and strives for, but mostly, I love the person that I’m becoming along the way.

Cons

- The more you work, the more opportunity you have to make a lot of money. That comes with working long hours and making sacrifices in your personal life.
    - The rewards seen in any sales/recruiting role, IDR being no exception, definitely come in the form of delayed gratification. You have to accept the learning curve, continue working hard every day, and remain patient knowing that big paychecks are just around the corner. Management will tell you this upfront, but it takes 6-8 months before you begin making a significant income.

Opportunity of a lifetime!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

Working at IDR has been the most amazing opportunity. I am surrounded by passionate and driven individuals who all encourage me to be a better version of myself daily. The culture is incredible and management is truly engaged and committed to helping everyone get better through our leadership development, mentor-ship, and corporate athlete programs. If you are looking for not only a job, but a career path then this is the company for you!

Cons

The industry is tough and the hours can be long, but I can't complain because with hard work comes great success!

5. Not for everyone but not a bad company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at Internal Data Resources (more than a year)

Pros

Good culture, upward mobility, fun team, good PTO, personal trainer, boot camp

Cons

management, growing pains, long hours, no work life balance

I will miss working with IDR.

Former Contractor - IT Contractor in Nashville, TN
    Former Contractor - IT Contractor in Nashville, TN

I worked at Internal Data Resources as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The staff at IDR was very accessible and easy to talk to. Everyone that I had the pleasure of interacting with was courteous and professional.

Cons

I can’t immediately think of a downside in regards to my relationship with IDR. Keep up the sales effort and continue expanding your client base.

Please continue doing what you are doing. The staff is friendly and professional and both your clients, as well as your contractors, seem to be happy with the quality of service being delivered. Keep up the good work!

7. IDR Contractor

I have been working at Internal Data Resources

Pros

Friendly managers, easy to contact

Cons

Transition to new positions could be better

Keep looking for new contracts for existing contractors

8. Technical Recruiter

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I worked at Internal Data Resources

Pros

IDR not only sets high goals for their employees - but also set up employees with the right tools and training to obtain them. They care a lot of fitness and the health of their employees which I see as a pro because I love working out, but if you are not into fitness this is 100% not the company for you. My favorite part of working with IDR is the "enrichment" through reading and discussing personal and professional growth books.

Cons

Unfortunately, their DC location was not staffed with proper leadership to enable success for their employees. I was only with them a short time but felt that there was never the opportunity to grow as a young professional right out of school since there was no one to provide guidance to someone that is new to the industry (the office consisted of myself, another recent college grad, and an account manager 2 years out of college). That being said, the training program in Atlanta, run by Sam was great, and if that support was provided in the DC location - I would likely still be there today!

If the DC location is still open, provide same guidance/ another local employee like Sam in this location. Continue workouts, they are fun and great team building!

9. Immature, Catty, Sexist Environment - borderline slave labor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Internal Data Resources full-time

Pros

The opportunity to make 'decent' money but that opportunity is out there with several other staffing agencies in the area & any other co. in any industry (with far less effort and time), so don't let them fool you. The CEO has burned just about every bridge in town, thus it is highly difficult to do any legit business.

Cons

Weird inner office sexual relationships, 70+ hour weeks, & the two "leaders" expect you to work weekends to work on unqualified req's. It's like you're working at an insane asylum - seriously, do your research and check out any other staffing firm in town before taking their call.

It's time to take a leave of absence, you're doing far more harm than any good. Stop obsessing with drama, office gossip, and how you "look". If you put a focus on results and high performers you might just hit your numbers one day...

Internal Data Resources Response

Mar 13, 2015Engagement Manager

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. IDR takes such allegations very seriously and will not tolerate inappropriate behavior in the workplace. Employees are encouraged to bring such matters to our
    ... More

Verbally abusive work environment from management. I was hired because I was passed a workout from the company's trainer

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Internal Data Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No real pros working for this company

Cons

Working over 60hrs a week, workouts mandatory after work with co-workers

Internal Data Resources Response

Jan 14, 2015Marketing Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback and apologize if it was not communicated to you that our workouts (and all other company-funded programs) are optional. We encourage participation because of the synergy ... More

11. A pleasant enough experience that I would repeat

Former Contractor - Software Consultant in Nashville, TN
    Former Contractor - Software Consultant in Nashville, TN

I worked at Internal Data Resources as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

The people are largely wonderful. The ease of transitioning into the contractual role was made easy by the cheerful and upbeat recruitment team.

Cons

The pay was largely disproportionate to what was fair and balanced pay for the services rendered, with the expertise held at that time. Pay was roughly 65-75% of what was industry average at that time.

Don't withhold more pay for qualified candidates with lame excuses given as "reasons". Pay people what they're worth and you may find more people stay more loyal to your company for longer. You have a good deal right. Make that right and really stand-out from the recruiting crowd.

Internal Data Resources Photos