Internap Network Services

Add Photos

Internap Network Services President, CEO, and Director J. Eric Cooney

J. Eric Cooney

Good first-time experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome, friendly employees who all seem to know what they are doing. This is a cool place to work as they are doing some interesting work.

ConsThe hours can tend to become long as the company suggests on average that employees work around 9 or so hours per day

Overall good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGet to work with other smart engineers

ConsUpper management while I was there were not easy to work with

Potential....

ProsCompany is moving in the right direction with OpenStack Powered and Hosting services. All services are related to each other and provides clients with flexibility and options to optimize current infrastructure as well as put in place an architecture to grow.

ConsAny company in growth mode can be challenging to get to top line revenue. Especially after acquisition of integrating systems, processes, employees, etc.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to learn

ProsGreat co-workers, good pay, and good benefits

ConsNeed better communication from the upper management

Advice to Senior ManagementLet employees know what is going on

Sorry but company is increasing expenditures on R&D and massively investing in infrastructure

Pros2007 - 2009 2010 - 2012 Growth
    R&D Expense + Capitalized Software 14.8 25.5 72%
    Nice people where everyone can make a difference

ConsBusiness Units, Engineering, and Ops don't work closely enough together
    Some missteps could have been avoided in the past by focusing on fewer products and initiatives
    Weak recruiting process

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on fewer products/initiatives
    Align BU/Ops/Engineering/sales and marketing
    Upgrade HR

Good company with solid product offering

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsOverall a very good company to work for with many great employees. They continue to open new data centers and sell a competitive cloud product

ConsSmall company that competes with the largest providers in the market. They do a great job but dont own their network.

It a good organization and has been a great place to work.

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSolid and comprehensive products that fit early stage to mid-growth organizations.
    Smart people and great group of co-workers. Great Team.
    Great place to learn the industry.

ConsPoor compensation. There is a three month look back on commissions that reduces your pay out.
    Trouble retaining sales professionals.
    Needs formal training for managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement training for new managers and managers that are new to Internap. I would recommend removing the three month look back on commissions.

Internap

Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsHigh business growth potential
    Progressive management team
    High level of professionalism
    Leading sales product set
    Industry leading technology
    Good engineering support

ConsLong hours
    Quick changes in technology, mamgement

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall doing a prety good job

Internap is a good place to work for a small company of 450 employees.

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat PTO plan, paid parking, and good health benefits with Cigna. Groups are organized but some can have improved communications. Shome tools for looking are data are not good at all and need a major overhall and the company just keeps promising to give us better tools but never delivers claiming budget troubles, etc.

ConsVP level mgmt does not talk openly to the rest of staff. People do not say hello in the hall hardly ever unless they already know you. Many seem either tired, bored or over worked so maybe that is why they never say hello. Seems the culture is to go on and be busy at your desk and not get to know anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being away from the common workers or base employees and get to know them by having face to face interactions.

Great company....just need more structure!!

Anonymous (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExcellent PTO time,benefits and competitive salary!! Able to work from home and flexible time. Doesn't micro manage!

ConsLack proper training and I think there should also be a stronger HR department that supports employees on a more personal level!! I don't see minorities and women in senior management and middle mgmt positions!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet involved with employees that will create a balanced and positive environment ! Boost morale by creating functions that motivate employees to want to stay! Get involved in the community by giving back! Give to schools or shelters to show that Internap cares about the community. Creative a culture for the company that is positive and encouraging creating company values and upper management leading by example!! Allow people to grow within the company and allow minorities who are qualified to advance to senior and middle mgmt positions!!

Worked for Internap Network Services? Contribute to the Community!