International Academy of Design & Technology

CEO

I am very happy

Current Employee - Career Services Advisor in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Career Services Advisor in Troy, MI

I have been working at International Academy of Design & Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Management listens to input from front line staff. Strict 40 hour work week -- I'm used to working 50 to 70 hours so I'm loving the "short" work week. Great on boarding process -- lots of reminders to get things done. Also LOTSf training. Staff meetings where everyone actually acts like a grown-up!

Cons

This location closing in less than 2 years so no future here.

Many changes

I have been working at International Academy of Design & Technology

Pros

The salary is pretty decent. They do provide severance packages for those that qualify. They offer full benefits and vacation days increases as year milestones are reached. 5 (3 weeks) and 9 years (4 weeks)

Cons

However, the bonuses and raises have stopped for anyone who has, by their standards, capped out their salary. They have continually downsized over the last 8 years, to the point where the support staff is constantly worried if their jobs will exist next quarter. Makes for an uneasy environment.

Don't underestimate the value of employee insentives or employee appreciation. Worker moral can directly effect student population, retention and graduation rates. It is important to take care of your staff and make them feel like what they do day in and day out matters.

inspiring and rewarding

Current Contractor - Adjunct in Nashville, TN
    Current Contractor - Adjunct in Nashville, TN

I have been working at International Academy of Design & Technology as a contractor (more than 8 years)

Pros

Wonderful people and students. Great teamwork, and communication between management and staff.

Cons

Our location is closing 2016

Okay

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at International Academy of Design & Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive Environment and great relationships with students

Cons

Somewhat Micromanaged, no level of autonomy

Let the employees do their job and then hold them accountable. Give them some space and eliminate distractions from HQ.

I was under contract to conduct on site training in PV solar system design and installation.

Former Contractor - Solar Instructor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Solar Instructor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at International Academy of Design & Technology as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Everblue provides a great service, providing green jobs training in a variety of disciplines. Solar training was a good hands-on experience and by the end of class every student had the opportunity to work on a 2 kW system. The company provides the curriculum and all teaching materials and handles the logistics of getting them to the site. All I needed to do was show up and teach.

Cons

They couldn't provide consistent work. Classes were often canceled or rescheduled. They were a fast-growing company, though, so systems and policies were often changing. Expense reimbursement system was slow, disorganized, and a lot of paperwork.

Work harder at marketing your excellent services. Get your systems in order.

Good company to work for!

Current Employee - Supervisor Bookstore/Printshop in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor Bookstore/Printshop in Orlando, FL

I have been working at International Academy of Design & Technology part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Competitive Salary, Friendly Colleagues, and Great students.

Cons

More about numbers than student success. At times seems a bit disorganized and lack of communication.

Good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

Coworkers are wonderful, relaxed atmosphere

Cons

No room for growth. Layoffs, no Christmas parties, no fun events.

"Not putting the students first"

I worked at International Academy of Design & Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I truly appreciated most of my co-workers within my department. Nice people all trying to do their best under the circumstances.

Cons

CEC management culture has created an environment where everyone is out for themselves to save their jobs. Students are put on the back burner while individuals jockey to make a name for themselves. Leadership is out of touch with the barriers that the teams are facing and are unwilling to hear of viable solutions that are not of their own creation. Toxic!!

Get out of the way and listen to your workforce. Trust that the employees have the best intentions in mind and stop treating the school like a factory.

Credentials do not mean anything

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor

I worked at International Academy of Design & Technology part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Initially it was a good place to work.

Cons

Corrupt - If you know someone at the top you don't have to the credentials

Terrible

I worked at International Academy of Design & Technology full-time

Pros

The building was nice and the student art was very good.

Cons

I would spend my day calling people and convince them to get a degree they had no desire to have. Also, the tuition was 70,000 and most students could not fins employment and had taken out student loans.

The hours were long and mind numbing.