International Automotive Components

Updated August 15, 2014
Updated August 15, 2014

International Automotive Components President and CEO Jim Kamsickas
Jim Kamsickas

Great company to work for if you are an arrogant egotistical narcisistic sociopath.

Former Employee - Engineering  in  Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Engineering in Southfield, MI

I worked at International Automotive Components full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you look forward to working for narcisistic sociopath management this is the place for you. Bullying is not only condoned here, but it is also rewarded. The more arrogant and narcisistic you are, the higher up the management chain you will climb. They promote the best micro managers in the business. They require you to leave your brain at home. If you think of or have any good ideas, do not bother sharing them with management. They will see you as a threat and they will terminate you for bringing a brain to work. This company is the scene for the next Idiocracy movie.

Cons

There are no cons. It is awesome to work for a company where you are not required to think. You also do not need to show respect or any human decency to those below you. You can also practice your acting skills as you pretend to be friends with your equals while stabbing them in the back. You can treat everyone below you like second class citizens. You just have to kiss your managers butt everyday and you will do well. If you can secretly kiss his managers butt it may allow you to be promoted, but it has to be kept secret. The more butts you kiss and egos you stroke the higher up you can be promoted.

Wise men learn from their mistakes, but idiots continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. The company should have been named Collins & Aikman 2.0. After all it is a sequel of the Collins & Aikman / Lear merger.

Manufacturing Company needing small makeover

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at International Automotive Components full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diversity encouraged, Ample-Hours available and Stable Work

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Minimal positions for upward mobility

A Former Great Job That's No Longer Great

Current Employee - Multiple Positions Held  in  Mendon, MI
    Current Employee - Multiple Positions Held in Mendon, MI

I have been working at International Automotive Components full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent pay (for Tier I employees... not so much for Tier III/new hires)

Cons

No work/life balance
    No consistency in quality calls
    No consistency in HR/Union agreements
    No room for movement/self-improvement
    Health insurance downgraded

I would... but they don't care about the "idea generators" we have now, so why bother?

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good learning experience when being introduced into the automotive industry

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Engineering in Detroit, MI

I have been working at International Automotive Components as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Task being due is pretty fair

Cons

almost everyone at the company is contract

Hire less people as contract

Good Company

Current Employee - Engineer I  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Southfield, MI

I have been working at International Automotive Components full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been in a rotation program ever since I hired in here and it's been great helping a young engineer like myself get a lot of exposure to the different aspects of the company. Coworkers are very knowledgeable and and willing to help you learn your job as best you can. A lot of opportunities to travel. It's been a great experience so far.

Cons

Wish the rotation program I mentioned before was a little more organized but it's getting there.

I would say that having a junior engineer paired with a single senior engineer is the best way to help the junior engineer grow the best.

You make your own experience

Current Employee - Program Manager  in  Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Program Manager in Southfield, MI

I have been working at International Automotive Components full-time

Pros

It is possible to beome involved in many different areas of the company if you make the effort to do so. Great opportunities for learning experiences if you apply yourself and seek out opportunities. People are generally very helpful and good to work with.

Cons

No training so you need to figure things out by yourself. People that choose not to are not very good at their jobs. It's really hard to get fired so incompetent people hang around while their workload/responsibilities get dumped on others. Compensation is slightly below industry average. Difficult to determine how to get promoted as management cannot provide any direction on how to get to the next level. No succession plans for employees.

Move or fire employees that aren't performing, it demotivates high performers to see people that can't pull their weight.

Solid Company

Current Employee - Engineer II  in  Old Fort, NC
    Current Employee - Engineer II in Old Fort, NC

Pros

- Competitive Wages For Area
    - Good Job Security
    - Excellent Insurance
    - Good Paid Holidays
    - Accrue Vacation Time Quickly
    - Excellent Opportunity For Advancement

Cons

Upper level management (plant mananger and above) need to listen more to lower level mangement and hourly employees. There is an abundance of experienced individuals they can learn from.

Trust your people and stop micro-management.

Not a place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, TN

I have been working at International Automotive Components as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Easy to negotiate higher salary.
    Employee Benefits

Cons

No work-life balance whatsoever. Plan on living, breathing, talking every minute about the job.
    They expect you to be at the plant 7 days a week.
    Salaried is a revolving door, each position has seen at least 2 different individuals in less than a year.
    The approach to training is the "swim or sink" approach.

Because you don't have anything better to do than work, it does not mean that neither do your employees.

Never worked before at place like this. Horrible.

Current Employee - Engineering  in  Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Engineering in Spartanburg, SC

Pros

After 1 and half years of employment I am still trying to find.

Cons

No place for talent and vision. All they needed from me was work 60+ hours every week for salary. No problem, then they want you to work as project manager, Engineer, maintenance tech and if needed machine operator. Totally unorganized place trying to run the operation as lean as possible but doing lot of waste instead. This the first company I worked where there is no ERP system no CIMM system outdated PCs. No culture or respect for employees. I was amazed when I heard F word as helping verb in management meetings that included female staff. Luckily I got another job and will leave this place as lot of other employees have done.

If you do not know what is wrong then hire some outside consultants. If you REALLY care.

Former employee

I worked at International Automotive Components

Pros

great people, great opportunities. communication is clear and you know what is expected of you.

Cons

horrible salary, promotions are based on who you lnow. the internship program is not a true internship, more like a contract house.

lookk around you, there are many talented folks

Worked for International Automotive Components? Contribute to the Community!