International Automotive Components

Be The First To
Add Photos

International Automotive Components President and CEO Jim Kamsickas

Jim Kamsickas

A good learning experience when being introduced into the automotive industry

Engineering (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

ProsTask being due is pretty fair

Consalmost everyone at the company is contract

Advice to Senior ManagementHire less people as contract

Good Company

Engineer I (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsI've been in a rotation program ever since I hired in here and it's been great helping a young engineer like myself get a lot of exposure to the different aspects of the company. Coworkers are very knowledgeable and and willing to help you learn your job as best you can. A lot of opportunities to travel. It's been a great experience so far.

ConsWish the rotation program I mentioned before was a little more organized but it's getting there.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would say that having a junior engineer paired with a single senior engineer is the best way to help the junior engineer grow the best.

You make your own experience

Program Manager (Current Employee) Southfield, MI

ProsIt is possible to beome involved in many different areas of the company if you make the effort to do so. Great opportunities for learning experiences if you apply yourself and seek out opportunities. People are generally very helpful and good to work with.

ConsNo training so you need to figure things out by yourself. People that choose not to are not very good at their jobs. It's really hard to get fired so incompetent people hang around while their workload/responsibilities get dumped on others. Compensation is slightly below industry average. Difficult to determine how to get promoted as management cannot provide any direction on how to get to the next level. No succession plans for employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove or fire employees that aren't performing, it demotivates high performers to see people that can't pull their weight.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Solid Company

Engineer II (Current Employee) Old Fort, NC

Pros- Competitive Wages For Area
    - Good Job Security
    - Excellent Insurance
    - Good Paid Holidays
    - Accrue Vacation Time Quickly
    - Excellent Opportunity For Advancement

ConsUpper level management (plant mananger and above) need to listen more to lower level mangement and hourly employees. There is an abundance of experienced individuals they can learn from.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your people and stop micro-management.

Not a place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Springfield, TN

ProsEasy to negotiate higher salary.
    Employee Benefits

ConsNo work-life balance whatsoever. Plan on living, breathing, talking every minute about the job.
    They expect you to be at the plant 7 days a week.
    Salaried is a revolving door, each position has seen at least 2 different individuals in less than a year.
    The approach to training is the "swim or sink" approach.

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause you don't have anything better to do than work, it does not mean that neither do your employees.

Never worked before at place like this. Horrible.

Engineering (Current Employee) Spartanburg, SC

ProsAfter 1 and half years of employment I am still trying to find.

ConsNo place for talent and vision. All they needed from me was work 60+ hours every week for salary. No problem, then they want you to work as project manager, Engineer, maintenance tech and if needed machine operator. Totally unorganized place trying to run the operation as lean as possible but doing lot of waste instead. This the first company I worked where there is no ERP system no CIMM system outdated PCs. No culture or respect for employees. I was amazed when I heard F word as helping verb in management meetings that included female staff. Luckily I got another job and will leave this place as lot of other employees have done.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you do not know what is wrong then hire some outside consultants. If you REALLY care.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Former employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat people, great opportunities. communication is clear and you know what is expected of you.

Conshorrible salary, promotions are based on who you lnow. the internship program is not a true internship, more like a contract house.

Advice to Senior Managementlookk around you, there are many talented folks

Growing company in the traditional industry

ProsHave potential of growth as a global company

ConsLimited product type with a lot of build to print programs

Inconsistent, unprofessional and unorganized mess in the middle of nowhere!

ProsSalary benefits are decent for the area and there is always an opportunity for overtime. if you are related or well known in this community then you have decent chance of being promoted whether you are qualified or not.

ConsThere is a lot of unqualified people in the management positions whom all seem to be related through family or friends in the Mendon community. Do not expect to be apppreciated or respected even if you are a solid hard working employee but do expect to have to carry the people who are not.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate, repsect and acknowledge the ones that keep that place running instead of always treating them like they can easily be replaced.

Great leadership Team

Superintendent (Current Employee) Alma, MI

ProsThe management team is the best I have worked for.

ConsAutomotive in general is very fast faced, demanding, and brings it's share of stress but offers offers many great opportunties.

Advice to Senior ManagementProtect and retain your key people.

Worked for International Automotive Components? Contribute to the Community!