International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs

1 Rating

Great Mission, Low Employee Satisfaction

Current Employee - Project Officer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Officer in New York, NY

I have been working at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic university environment and very good health, dental and retirement benefits. The mission of the organization is very important and the senior researchers are inspiring experts in their fields.

Cons

Career growth and employee satisfaction were not prioritized so employee talents were underutilized. University bureaucratic structure made it difficult to let go of under-performers or promote high-performers.

I enjoyed my experience at ICAP.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Work is meaningful and has an impact in support of the fight to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS in Africa.

Opportunity to work with some very talented people.

Cons

The upper-manhattan location (Washington Heights) can be a bit of headache to get to.

Very few places to go for lunch.

Demeaning and rude, very demanding. HR was no help whatsoever, as usual. I felt I was being setup for failure.

Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Manager in New York, NY

Pros

The focus of the group was great, and colleagues were nice, but management wasn't what you expect from people in the healthcare business.

Cons

Family leave to take care of a spouse dying of cancer was brutal, and only allowed 3-days after passing before due back at work.

None.

Intern: Great field and office experience, but I didn't reach my potential

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

Pros

Office culture is very open even though there is a hierarchy. I could talk to the study director about what I thought was a better way to implement something. However, in-country, there are set hierarchies with older officers that you have to be careful. The opportunity to be both in the field and in the office is very unique. Relaxed office and experience because depending on where you are placed in the world, the culture will be more slow-paced than in the US.

Cons

Needs better leadership to maintain a cohesive team when there are several parts to the team coming from different worlds (metaphorically and literally).

Could improve communication between its parts.

Work at International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs? Share Your Experiences

International Center for AIDS Care and Treatment Programs