International Flavors

www.iff.com

International Flavors Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
International Flavors – Singapore – “IFF”

International Flavors – Singapore – “IFF”

International Flavors Chairman and CEO Douglas D. Tough

Douglas D. Tough

Pros
  • Work life balance - despite what insiders say about this being tough, it is really not that bad compared to other industries (in 4 reviews)

• Very dynamic and interesting industry (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management is the hurdle to the prospering of the company (in 9 reviews)

• Rampant nepotism, prefer family members of employees to highly quailfied outsiders (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great, so far.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Hazlet, NJ

ProsGenerous company. I think people who are dissatisfied are not in touch with the reality of the job market.

ConsI don't have any complaints about this company.

heard it has changed since I worked there

Prosit was close to my home

Consat the time it was a completely unorganized department

Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Material Handler/Rcvg/Replenisher (Former Employee) Hazlet, NJ

ProsVery clean. Great co workers. Decent pay. In house gym. Good benefits. State of the art facility.

ConsWrong people get managerial positions. Wrong changes to job made by people who don't know about it. Supervisors use fear and intimidation to get their employees in line. Voices aren't heard.

Advice to Senior ManagementKids straight from college get supervisor and manager roles who have no business getting them. IFF has mottos that "People are critical to IFF's future"- that could not be further from the truth. You can do one million things right but that one tiny mess up will get you fired. You are nothing at Hazlet IFF unless you know who to buddy up with.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall experience was good..!

ProsInteresting & Good, life goes smoothly

ConsThere is not much to learn..

Model T in A Ferrari Industry

Production Lead (Current Employee) South Brunswick Terrace, NJ

ProsLarge, commodity driven, good health benefits. Doesn't take much to keep your job.We are always hiring.

ConsEmployees are second rate numbers. Our moral is that of coal mines and the old steel mills. Punching in daily is half of the job. No shortage of procedures and documents, no concerns, most serve to fill binders and are ignored or unrealistic. With few exceptions most management serve as window mannequins.We would be much better off as a union with an organized labor movement. Most of the good managers were bored and are long gone. The good ones last 2-3 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementSuggesting advice to management would be equivalent to teaching Einstein rudimentary math.

No where to go! Nothing to learn! Completely controlled by Wall Street.

Technical Perfumer (Current Employee) Hazlet, NJ

ProsDependent upon manager, but are flexible w people with children who don't fit typical work schedule.

ConsNo leadership - from top down. Zero opportunity to grow, i.e., development. Rampant nepotism, prefer family members of employees to highly quailfied outsiders. R&D does not do research - it's all about metrics - how many analyses did I do, don't value the work contributions, just look at it as another data point. R&D is essently a service organization for the rest of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening to people below senior research fellow level - we are the folks who know what's working or not working. Stop counting; look at the work we do for the value it brings. Take a look and see what our peers are paying people and give us a decent (cost of liviing) increase - hell the stock is nearly $100/share!! Provide opportunities for development, either internal or external. I know of no chemists who have attended an ACS meeting in the last 5 years.

Poor management. Primitive working environment.

Compounder (Current Employee)

ProsNot many. Good benefits at best. Nice coworkers. Free coffee in break room. Cafeteria service for day shift workers only.

ConsPrimitive procedures. Needs investment for updated technology. No communication or feedback from management. Dirty work environment for food processing.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in updated equipment.

Great company!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Company to work for!

ConsDid not have a bad experience here.

Poor management

ProsCompetitive pay, open atmosphere, work space, colleagues/peers, intellectual and creative opportunities,

ConsNew global compensation format (secretive and confusing), cronyism, ageism, HR complacency and ineffectualness, lack of control regarding submissions, integrity and courage of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a new leader of creative staff

great company to work for

Intern (Current Employee) Shrewsbury, NJ

Prosgood atmosphere and interesting work

Consnone that come to mind

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue doing what you're doing

Worked for International Flavors? Contribute to the Community!