International Game Technology

International Game Technology Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

International Game Technology CEO Patti S. Hart

Patti S. Hart

Pros:
  • "I am happy with the work/life balance they offer"
    in 11 reviews
  • "Some good benefits and some nice people"
    in 17 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management seemed to have no idea what they were doing"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Senior management has been investing in a lot of HR processes but not in innovation"
    in 14 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Was a great growing opportunity in the beginning.

Director of Compliance (Former Employee)
Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time for more than a year

ProsLots of mobility in a number of areas. You can stay in one position or look for other opportunities in a wealth of business opportunities

ConsCulture change from the past growing years. Very focused on the bottom line and will squeeze every drop of blood from employees. Constant state of tension with layoffs continual and constant cost cutting measures.

Advice to Senior ManagementWill need to gain the trust of employees again, the cost cutting and layoff have taken a toll on the hearts and minds of your employees!

Start it as awesome position.

Software Quality Assurance (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSome co-workers with awesome talent. Job was fun and lots of learning, pay was good. Free Coffee, and on site cafe.

ConsPay stopped being awesome.
Crabby managers.
no promotions.
Lay offs

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees make the company, not the amount of managers you hire. Happy employee, more productivity.

Pretty good overall, decent people to work with with a few bad eggs! Decent company.

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time for more than a year

ProsNice work environment for the most part. Fun projects, good management for the most part. I've enjoyed my time working for IGT so far. There are studio politics, but I think you get that everywhere you go.

ConsSome of us don't drink the coffee you try give away, try something like soda for folks who don't drink coffee. Benefits are a little lackluster. I think the cafeteria is overpriced for what you get in return.

Advice to Senior ManagementGetting rid of people who don't enjoy working for IGT. What's the point of working somewhere if you complain all the time. Find a new gig!

Upper management expects more than they themselves produce. Goofy HR sayings all over the place. Restructuring always.

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at International Game Technology full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat employees. Some great managers.

ConsPolitical. Upper management restructure all the time. C-Levels are in over their head and don't appreciate talent. Throw money at the wrong things. Still aren't seeing the stock return we did with Mathews!

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on....please you have ruined a once great gaming king to a joke/stepping stone for employees. The company Jet isn't your personal taxi. The millions you dumped into making the executive row pretty was pointless as you are rarely there and then lay off yet more employees. Shame on you!

Poor salary and bonus

Software Engineer IV (Current Employee)

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Proslife work balance is good.

ConsKeep changing and re-org for no point. salaries and benefit are noncompetitive.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

I love working at IGT

Analyst (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

ProsIGT is a great place to work, there are many opportunities to excel in your group and the company as a whole treats employees great

ConsThere are no cons at all that i can think of. I have 100% happy here.

misguided management, questionable motives

ProsDecent benefits and work hours

ConsRaises are rare and minimal

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your employees, not just to the shareholders. We matter too!

Good place to work

Senior Accountant (Current Employee)
Reno, NV

ProsProfessional atmosphere, no jerks, no bullies (that I have encountered)

ConsAccounting jobs are narrow in scope, but that is due to the size of the company

Advice to Senior ManagementShare your vision and the direction of the company with employees. It seems we're all over the place. Manufacturing, internet gaming, progressive systems, all of them, some of them? Where are we goingl?

field service technician

Field Service Tech (Former Employee)
Oakdale, MN

I worked at International Game Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Prosgood pay and good benefits, decent work culture

ConsI traveled a lot and had my position eliminated without notice

A useful stepping stone

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Las Vegas, NV

ProsThey are making the transition to work with more current technology which makes for good resume fodder. The benefits and compensation are good for the area (NV) but not the best. Casual dress code, flexible schedule, clean and modern office / cafeteria.

ConsThere are many more poor performers than people who can think for themselves and do so intelligently. Depending on your group you may be treated as another number rather than an individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold poor performers accountable and let high performers spread their wings.

Worked for International Game Technology? Contribute to the Community!

International Game Technology Videos

International Game Technology – Why Work for Us?

IGT is the global leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of computerized gaming machines and network systems products as well as online and mobile gaming solutions for regulated markets. Our industry is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Game Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for International Game Technology CEO Patti S. Hart. All 207 reviews posted anonymously by International Game Technology employees.