International Game Technology Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Marco Sala

Pros
  • I am happy with the work/life balance they offer (in 21 reviews)

• Some good benefits and some nice people (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has run this company into the ground (in 32 reviews)

• Senior Management has no interest in sharing the success of the company with non-executive staff (in 18 reviews)

1. Company In Transition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time

Pros

Good people to work with, especially below the director level. Competitive benefits package. Good work/life balance

Cons

Company in a state of flux with recent merger/acquisition. Weak at director/vp level. Some hope with the merger displacing poor directors/vps. New company making some questionable retention decisions - mostly out of lack of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Keep working to understand what you have in your new employees and revisit your hiring/firing decisions. There are positives and I think this company could come out of the current turmoil well, but of course it could turn out a long-term disaster.

2. Sr field service manger

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Manager NA-west in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Senior Field Service Manager NA-west in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at International Game Technology

Pros

Good company to work for, they have great benefits with 401K . World wide leaders in the gaming and lottery industries. People are great to get along with.

Cons

Really don't have much cons for the company, they have always treated me well. I guess the only con I would have is that they are still making strategic re-alignments due to the current merger.

3. Call Center

Current Intern - Technical Intern in Reno, NV
    Current Intern - Technical Intern in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Typical call center, you provide service to other employees of the company and not external customers. I like that they have insurance coverage and investment options even for interns.

Cons

Can be high stress during peak times of the day. Some users can be impatient but overall not too bad in comparison.

Advice to Management

Kepp it up, hopefully things keep going well once we officially go through with Gtech.

Getting better....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- IGT being acquired by GTECH. New management is interested in growing the company again. - New senior management is setting strategy and making decisions. - The people are generally good at their jobs and easy to work with.

Cons

- Hoping that most of the cons left with old senior management when IGT was acquired by GTECH.

Advice to Management

N/A. All new senior management after IGT was acquired. So far they seem pretty good.

Cons outweigh Pros working at IGT - Specifically in the Accounting Dept

Former Employee - Accounting Department in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Accounting Department in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cafe and gym is a great asset of IGT Some really nice and smart people work there Depending on which department you are in, work life balance is great

Cons

Department work is very uneven. You have some departments working all the time and a ton of overtime, while other departments barely have enough to keep employees busy during the day (Mgmt is very strick on not allowing cross department help, they rather you sit there with nothing to do all day then help the other departments who are swamped) Pay in the accounting department is very sub par, people leave all the time for higher better paying jobs There are some people in certain groups that have no idea what or why they are doing, their response is "this is how I was told to do it, but I don't know why or what I am doing" Not being able to be promoted without a degree, even if you have years of experience. IGT is very big on degrees, certifications, etc. when the work that actually occurs there, anyone could do (with or without a degree) Upper Mgmt does not walk the talk - they do not treat employees well or acknowledges hard work, they also play favorites and do not handle HR issues (they avoid them because its to much work)

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, appreciate them and reward those that work hard. Make sure supervisors and management follow through with HR issues, if someone ask for stuff to do, give them stuff or let them go home (hence salaried employees - if you are all done with your work, you should be able to leave). Treat all departments equally

7. IGT has been a pleasant place to work for me

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Sparks, NV
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Sparks, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have good pay scale, excellent benefits, and strong work life balance.

Cons

They're currently going through a merger, so down sizing is a real concern.

8. ok'ish

Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Firmware Engineer in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really like the south Reno location. Benefits and salary were alright. People working there were generally nice.

Cons

Management was an old boys club seemed to favor the status quo over any sense of progressive thinking. Anyone questioning development direction was fired.

Advice to Management

I don't think there's any advice I could give that would be taken by management.

The exception, not the rule.

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology (More than a year)

Pros

Work to life balance is great. Keep allowing employees to choose when and how they work. It allows for them to maintain a sense of agency.

Cons

While my current group allows me to choose how/when I work and they recognize that they have to let go some of the time, I feel strongly that we are an isolated case and it is not the norm.

Gone Downhill

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

Was a great company to work for pre-2009

Cons

new management has different philosophies

Advice to Management

pay attention to loyal and talented employees

11. Management is a Joke

Current Employee - Operations in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Operations in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Many hard working laymen who are kind and generous to their co-workers

Cons

Management is a joke. They say...come talk to me anytime if you have questions but what they are really saying is don't bother me, I am too important. What is said in confidents does not stay confidential...Shame on those supervisors and managers who are taking that path. If a manager likes you and you suck up to them, chances are you will be safe. Layoffs are going around again and will eventually touch every department which creates a walk with you back against the wall attitude. The back stabbing has begun...

Advice to Management

Start with Fresh Managers. A department of less than 20 does not need a manager and two supervisors to run 12-17 people. Use that money on the real workers.

RSS Feed </> Embed