International Game Technology

International Game Technology Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

International Game Technology CEO Patti S. Hart

Patti S. Hart

Pros
  • Acceptable work-life balance if you work in the right department(in 16 reviews)

• Helped pay for college, good benefits, gym and cafeteria on site, great people(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • I left after upper management decided to start recording phone calls and text messages(in 30 reviews)

• The senior management is a joke, with most of them coming from non-gaming industries(in 17 reviews)

Was great, but not anymore!

Account Administrator (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe people and the pay.

ConsUpper mgt in it for the $$ and don't care about the workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of Patti Hart.

Best Tech company in Vegas

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosbest technical company in Vegas area

ConsLayoff threats, not getting the deserved promotion

Good experience

Customer Support Group (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsThis was a decent position and ideal for candidates who are still studying at the university level.

ConsThere were long hours and it was difficult to get coworkers to take shifts.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good experience with IGT

Anonymous (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsIndustry leader, gained knowledge of gaming industry, there are great people that work here, gym on site, cafeteria on site, good benefits

Conslack of communication between departments, didn't feel i was given many opportunities for advancement, teams are not rewarded based on performance

Sinking ship

Software Engineer III (Current Employee) Reno, NV

ProsCoworkers for the most part are good people.
    Compensation is competitive, especially considering the low(er) cost of living in Nevada as compared to California or other metropolitan areas.

ConsThe senior management is a joke, with most of them coming from non-gaming industries. Some key mistakes they have made: 1) moving the executive HQ to Las Vegas, while the operations center remains in Reno; 2) focusing operations to try and recover lost market share in over-saturated product markets like megajackpots and core gaming, whereas they should have focused operations on product markets with greater growth opportunity and less competition like video poker and international markets 3) supporting a conservative culture, where risk taking and change are frowned upon - surprisingly, this impacts executives more than employees, for example when new VP's are hired the expectation is that they should start changing things for the better (which is risky), but the culture frowns on this so many new executive hires are simply over-paid wallflowers that don't act out their changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry innovating instead of layoffs. In the long run you will need innovative products to remain market leader. Layoffs are just a short-term band-aid.

Great Potential, Uncertainty Hindering Productivity

ProsFlexible working hours. Benefits are on par with or better than most companies in the area. Salary is good. Great people to work with.

ConsCurrent climate of uncertainty is scaring good employees away. Having to be on call for customer support 24/7 gets old.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the walk and really be transparent and provide open communication to your employees. We need to identify lower priority projects and cut or postpone them so we are not over-working our staff.

Going Downhill

Game Developer (Former Employee) Reno, NV

ProsTalented employees, work life balance

ConsLack of anyone in upper management with gaming experience

Just another minimum wage job unless your friends with management

Sames Associate/Fes (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsEasy schedule, they understand you NEED another job to work there.

ConsNo benefits any more, upper managers hire and promote their friends in a matter of days. You have to take up the slack for poor employees. Absolutly no accountability

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at your managers and take away THEIR opportunity to promote in their stores. Send employees to other store managers for interviews and get feedback. Make certain amount of time employed before promoting to specific jobs.

Not a very good experience

ProsWork environment is OK. Package is ok compared to the work load.

ConsNot much chance to get promoted. Technologies are very old, you would be amazed to see many legacy products. Too many re-org.

good work environment, but may not be creatively fulfilling

Technical Artist (Former Employee)

Prosgood benefits and salary (considering NV has no state income tax), people are laid back for the most part; room to grow if you gel well with the managers and work.

Consit's a huge company, so the job may feel very "assembly line" at times and creatively lacking; technical artists from other AAA game studios don't have much room to grow since most of their products look the same and still use 2D graphics technology from 2004; meetings tend to degenerate into watching 2-3 people hash something out, while people in suits end up making big creative decisions

Worked for International Game Technology? Contribute to the Community!