International Game Technology

Updated January 30, 2015
2.5

International Game Technology CEO Patti S. Hart
Patti S. Hart

Pros
  • Good benefits and flexible schedules for work life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Helped pay for college, good benefits, gym and cafeteria on site, great people (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management of the company don't understand the industry nor regulatory issues (in 32 reviews)

• The senior management is a joke, with most of them coming from non-gaming industries (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Great people to work with

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

Motivated people at the core of all development.

Cons

Cloudy vision of product roadmaps. Heavily focused on online gaming for now.

IGT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have a great boss that is very flexible, is a good mentor and allows us a lot of latitude.

Cons

The company is always in a state of change which breeds fear of losing your job, the 401k is disappointing and is not an attractive match when compared to companies of this size.

Be approachable and transparent

Good job

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice coworker to work with

Cons

Hard to get promoted within the same department

Promote more people from within

Good company if top management left.

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

They are flexible. Lower level management is friendly.

Cons

Departments don't work together close enough.

Pull together the different parts of the company. Stop backtracking on promises.

good company to work for easy life.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

An easy job, but .easy to get time off. salary up about 2-3% per year. not good but not too bad.

Cons

hard to get promotion, medical benefit is very high price low quality. management is not fair.

Internship Experience

Current Employee - Intern in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Intern in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The work was varied and allowed room for learning and experimenting. The work atmosphere was relaxed, which allowed a flexible time schedule and no strict dress code.

Cons

I was often tasked with menial and labor jobs such as assembly, hole punching, and other tasks of the sort. I sometimes ran out of work

An excellent adventure with the expected up's and downs of working in a corporate environment.

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Fantastic opportunities to become whatever you want to be in the technology and corporate world.

Cons

As of the time of this writing the company is being acquired by GTECH and as with any acquisition there is job uncertainty. Hopefully things will continue to make positive strides for the lively hood of the current/future employees and shareholders of NewCo .

Continue to respect and value employees as individuals/people who have personal and family lives outside of work. Take into account how decisions affect your employees. All this while performing the delicate dance to keep shareholders happy as well. Not an easy task but an absolute must for success!

It is ok

Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Hardware Engineer in Reno, NV

Pros

Very lay back, pay is OK and lots of very nice people. Life work balance is very good, this is what I like the most.

Cons

We have lost the mojo, it is not clear where are we going and people don't challenge the status quo, so it is boring most of the time, there are a lot of opportunities for improvement but upper management does not know where to lay the eggs.

Hire managers that are poised with streamlining all processes, we have way too many people doing non-value added activities. Focus on eliminating or reducing the tribal knowledge and work on operating standard procedures and training so we can reduce the confusion and be more productive.

Business Analyst

Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Business Analyst II in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

Love the company culture, love the boss, very easy going,

Cons

pay doesn't go up easily....growth is super slow

please recognize the employees that work hard and push their growth up

Do NOT Come Here

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Upper management is getting large bonuses for navigating the buyout.

Cons

Initech would be a better place to work than here. Morale is gone, benefits are getting cut, company keeps shifting more and more of the health care burden on to the employees, and the management is by far the worst I've ever worked for.

I moved here from the Bay Area. I love Reno, it's a great city to live and work in. But this company is a dysfunctional joke with a total lack of vision, innovation, or challenge. The only people I work with are unmotivated and demoralized shells who dread coming to work every morning.

Some hope for better days under new management, but given that much of the existing management structure will still be in place after the merger I have serious doubts.

Stop coming to job fairs at colleges and universities. You're doing young people a great disservice by getting them to come work for you. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves for the horrible job you've done.

International Game Technology Photos