International Game Technology Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.7
Marco Sala

Pros
  • I am happy with the work/life balance they offer (in 21 reviews)

• Some good benefits and some nice people (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has run this company into the ground (in 32 reviews)

• Senior Management has no interest in sharing the success of the company with non-executive staff (in 18 reviews)

1. Company In Transition

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time

Pros

Good people to work with, especially below the director level. Competitive benefits package. Good work/life balance

Cons

Company in a state of flux with recent merger/acquisition. Weak at director/vp level. Some hope with the merger displacing poor directors/vps. New company making some questionable retention decisions - mostly out of lack of knowledge.

Advice to Management

Keep working to understand what you have in your new employees and revisit your hiring/firing decisions. There are positives and I think this company could come out of the current turmoil well, but of course it could turn out a long-term disaster.

2. Good First Job

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

A Fun and Good First Job

Cons

design by committee Top Heavy

3. Administrative Asst. 2

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pawnee, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Pawnee, IL

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team. My boss was wonderful and took care to build a cohesive team. The company has much to offer

Cons

Took a long time for promotion

5. Decent, but rapidly declining

I worked at International Game Technology

Pros

Benefits and pay remained strong

Cons

Company in constant disarray due to GTECH Takeover

6. Overall Great Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is like a family. The people who work here are great. I have no complaints with anyone among all of us in a technical company can always get grumpy. At the end of the day, we all help each other. They are flexible when in need.

Cons

The downside is the company does not pay competitive salary.

7. Sr field service manger

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Manager NA-west in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Senior Field Service Manager NA-west in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at International Game Technology

Pros

Good company to work for, they have great benefits with 401K . World wide leaders in the gaming and lottery industries. People are great to get along with.

Cons

Really don't have much cons for the company, they have always treated me well. I guess the only con I would have is that they are still making strategic re-alignments due to the current merger.

8. Great team....have to be flexible

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time

Pros

Great people who care about what they are doing. Our team has a lot of fun and we support each other. Work is challenging especially with the integration of IGT and GTECH. Lots of projects.

Cons

Definitely a lot of change and you need to be flexible. Still working through the integration process.

9. Finance

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people are great and the industry is very interesting. The organization changes quite often, so there is always room for growth, especially if you are willing to relocate or travel since it's a global company.

Cons

There is sometimes a lack of communication from the top, or it gets lost funneling down. Salary is competitive, but other benefits and total compensation could be improved.

Advice to Management

Be as transparent as possible and treat your employees well. They are the reason that you attract new talent. Try to be more competitive with benefits and total compensation.

Getting better....

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

- IGT being acquired by GTECH. New management is interested in growing the company again. - New senior management is setting strategy and making decisions. - The people are generally good at their jobs and easy to work with.

Cons

- Hoping that most of the cons left with old senior management when IGT was acquired by GTECH.

Advice to Management

N/A. All new senior management after IGT was acquired. So far they seem pretty good.

Not a bad job as long as you're a mind reader and are completely compliant

I worked at International Game Technology full-time

Pros

There are a lot of really nice people who work here, and in the beginning, you can see that. They have fantastic benefits, pay well, have a cafeteria during the day, child care next door, etc.

Cons

Never be late, or too early. It will be held against you and you'll never forget it. Management is incredibly tight and get along with their own, but if you're not in their personal worship group, prepare for a bumpy ride in which you will never be able to reach the standards they set and keep raising without telling you. Make sure you get and memorize every one of their policies before you start, and adhere to them strictly, or your tenure will be short lived. There are plenty of people willing to stab you in the back so they can step on you to climb higher on the ladder of success. Be prepared for promises made in the beginning that will not be kept.

Advice to Management

Learn to be managers- learn how to bring out the best in your employees instead of stepping on them or talking to them in condescending tones and punishing them severely for "rules" they break that they really didn't actually break. Understand life happens, and remember you have human beings reporting to you, not mind reading robots who are members of your fan club.

RSS Feed </> Embed