International Game Technology Reviews

320 reviews filtered by
2.5
International Game Technology CEO Patti S. Hart
Patti S. Hart

Pros
  • Good benefits and flexible schedules for work life balance (in 21 reviews)

• Helped pay for college, good benefits, gym and cafeteria on site, great people (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • The upper management of the company don't understand the industry nor regulatory issues (in 32 reviews)

• The senior management is a joke, with most of them coming from non-gaming industries (in 18 reviews)

1. Been great so far

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

Great people and great benefits

Cons

Slow to make changes (problem with any large corporations)

Advice to Management

Cant wait to see what the new management has instore

2. Good Company.....If You Like Change

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time

Pros

Great people, great benefits, good advancement

Cons

Revolving door of leadership and constant org changes -- hard to gain momentum on anything when the vision always changes.

Advice to Management

Just purchased - hope the new management can get up-to-speed quickly and really evaluate what works before changing.

3. Manufacturing Designer

Current Employee - Manufacturing Designer in Moncton, NB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Designer in Moncton, NB (Canada)

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible and relaxe. Good balance between your work and your personal time. No need to work overtime.

Cons

The salary is a joke for a company that makes over 3.1 Billion a year and they pay there employees the strict minimun!! The raises do not even beat the inflation, you might get a 1% raise every 3 years and 1.2 % if you're overachieving. Absolutly no possibility of advancement in most departement. The maximum weeks of vacation available is 4 weeks compared to 6 weeks in most business of this level. RRSP contribution from the employer is fair nothing more.

Advice to Management

Start paying your employee and offering raises that make sense. Should also give up to 6 weeks vacation if you want to keep your employee long term.

Once a great place to work, now, not so much

Former Employee - Product Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Generally good pay, some great people to work with, some very good technical people to be around.

Cons

Management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management, management.

Advice to Management

You already ran a once good company into the ground and sold it to a lottery company from Europe, you've already done all the damage you can do. Good thing you are all leaving once the sale closes.

Old school structure, the longer you work there, the better you're paid

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility. I work from home and rarely hear from my boss.

Cons

I rarely hear from my boss. There is no leadership and it seems the only way to get ahead in this company is through years spent. It doesn't matter if you have more knowledge than the rest or get more accomplished. It matters either that you spent more time doing it or that you spent more time pointing out to everyone that you've done it.

Advice to Management

Spend the time to understand what your employees strengths are and work on those. Don't hold everyone's had all the time, they will thank you for it.

7. Systems Support

Current Employee - Systems Support in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Systems Support in Sydney (Australia)

Pros

Good company to work for, friendly environment, could be very hectic at times, with everything there is always 'Give & Take' culture.

Cons

Sometimes work could be hectic and long hours. We may need additional resources and product testings could be improved. Management consultation and approach could be improved.

Advice to Management

Need to further and frequent communication, especially direction of the future products and paths.

Be cautious

I worked at International Game Technology

Pros

I worked from this company for 12 years and experienced many changes in with upper management. Great company forward thinking, in the beginning of my employment.

Cons

The employees loved their jobs, upper mgmt made it difficult to thrive in. They changes their minds about their goals and objectives daily. It was a place you'd loved to go to daily and became just a paycheck and looking for way out.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and management they have years of experience to aide in development awesome products, give them their task and allow them to complete them and be proud of their accomplishments. They might stay with you if show them you believe in them and all of their abilities.

Was perfect early on, but quickly became horrific when the new CEO took office

Former Employee - Director in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Director in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There were no pros at the end. You did have access to a few discounts with local merchants because you were an IGT employee.

Cons

Everyone was constantly afraid of layoffs. The upper management team was replaced by people with zero industry experience. Management was either absent or Machiavellian in nature. The benefits were eroded rapidly over a few years. Its amazing how a CEO can manage to keep the company from growth over a five year span.

Advice to Management

Leave the company, please

Disappointing downhill company

Former Employee - Technician Level II in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technician Level II in New York, NY

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the past lucrative with many benefits but dwindling pay and downsizing staff since purchased in June 2014.

Cons

No long term work as it is pushing away from providing services and is focusing more on the sales of its games.

Senior Artist

Former Employee - Senior Digital Artist in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Senior Digital Artist in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Schedules for deliverables were generous. This allowed for numerous iterations of our products until they meet our standard of quality.

Cons

This generous gift of time obviously went to our bottom line. This wasn't a big deal when we enjoyed a 60% market share but when competitors with better product lines and a leaner workforce entered the market that soon began to erode.

Advice to Management

I would first bring in more experienced people who really understood the gaming market and what attracts customers to the casinos. I would then clean house of the dead wood, something IGT had plenty of, and incentivize your prize employees.

International Game Technology Photos