International Paper

www.internationalpaper.com

International Paper Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014

International Paper Chairman and CEO John V. Faraci Jr.

John V. Faraci Jr.

Pros
  • The benefits are great and the overall goal of the company is a good one(in 13 reviews)

• Pay and benefits are great and the management team is very accessible(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of travel, but it balances in total to a manageable work/life balance(in 4 reviews)

• Some positions could be long hours during the month(in 6 reviews)

Nice Place to Work

IT Analyst (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

Pros- Friendly employees
    - Pretty good salaries (Negotiate!)
    - Alot of different areas to work in
    - Good benifits

ConsGlass ceiling on how high you can go in alot of cases . No Matter how great a job you seem to do, you still get the same raise every year.

A good place to learn

Fiber Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsAbundant training opportunities. Average pay and benefits.

ConsExtreme hubris across all levels. Operates like a mideval kingdom, from the king, to barons and serfs.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the known bad apples in middle management. Driving away a lot of good young talent.

Better Place to Learn New Technologies

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Rājahmundry (India)

ProsMost Ethical Company In the world, better standards

ConsGreat company , its having better standards and technologies to increase the productivity and user friendly to the Employees

Advice to Senior ManagementNew Technology and innovative skills to be adopt in Indian Mill (IP APPM LTD), and the salaries to be improve for living the better standards in life. (For Indian Mill), productivity to be increase in terms constructing new paper machines with High Tonnage.

Over all its having Good culture and it is the No.1 paper Industry in the world, Every one love to work here

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great place to work. Good people

Machine Operator (Former Employee) Courtland, AL

ProsCompensation....Many benefits.. As long as you were doing your job, did not here from management . Good steady income...

ConsSometimes long hours...Many opportunities to train.......

Advice to Senior ManagementTake of people and the people will take care of you.

Dying Business

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsHighly regarded company with good benefits..401k, health benefits, etc..

ConsManagement is tough. They give you double signals. You never know where you stand. Lots of turnover.

Life changing

ProsThe pay is good and some of the people r good to

ConsShift work and it's like a soap opera

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy cow produces more MILK !!!!!

Good experience in industry, bad market.

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee) Courtland, AL

ProsI learned a lot about large scale manufacturing operations during my time there. Most employees seemed happy to be working there most of the time. Lots of training available, great resume builders. Pay was good too.

ConsPaper is a dying industry, and the plant where I worked closed...despite producing great results. It was totally out of left field. It's a risky market for paper makers.

Varied Experience

Manager (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGreat benefits, especially the 401k matching and healthcare options. Excellent career path development. Good coworkers who genuinely care about each other and doing a good job. Compensation is very competitive. Strong commitment to the environment and sustainability. The opportunity to follow your career path to other locations (some even international!).

ConsThe union leadership in the manufacturing facilities can be challenging to work with at times, however some of the union guys have been the best guys to work with in terms of knowledge and commitment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamlining the software and hardware technology adoption curve. Still using Office 2007 in 2014. Still using dated Dell laptop specs, etc. The move away from the BB to the iPhone was a good example of moving forward.

Good company in a dying industry

Sales Specialist (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsGreat company in a dying industry. Making strides to improve. Very good company to work for and I would recommend anyone to work there.

ConsThe company locations are remote. Unless there is travel there is not much opportunity for advancement.
    Slalaries are low

Great Place

IT Analyst (Former Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGreat benefits, pay & work environment

ConsSome departments are less diverse.

Worked for International Paper? Contribute to the Community!