International Security Management Group

17 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The post was great

Former Employee - Security Officer in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Miami, FL

I worked at International Security Management Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyone is one big happy family.

Cons

Knowing everyone by name, and making sure that the customer is always pleased.

Treat everyone like you would want to be treated. and remember everyone u hire and everyone that u let go has a family just like you do.

Glass doors and ceilings

Former Employee - Security Officer in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Columbia, SC

Pros

Assisting and meeting new people

Cons

Too many people in charge and not enough employees. Pay sucks!

Offer more money to employees, have seniority and employee incentives

I was left alone to do my job as long it was done right

Former Employee - Security Officer in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at International Security Management Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Atmosphere was very good,quiet we were like family Im talking about the 3rd shift staff,

Cons

post has inadequate security equipment and ISMG doesnt care and not following up on other security ,the things he gets away with ,he is not a people person

When there is a problem they need to follow up on not the way they left me hanging and taking sides

Solid Job

Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Director in Atlanta, GA

I worked at International Security Management Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great sites available. Once you have established yourself you can move into a site Director's job. The pay is set by the client account you are assigned to.

Cons

There can be a lot of turn over in the guards. But that is the nature of the business and not specific to this company. The benefits are limited, but again that is normal in this industry.

very satisfied.

I have been working at International Security Management Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

salary was good, training was on going, benefit was good.

Cons

international security Management in Africa might be little different than here. In Africa, you are like a military police and you should protect the VIP and their property. Communicate well in radio and with security signs and languages.

Continues training is advised to new employee.

Interesting

Former Employee - Security Officer in Gaston, SC
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Gaston, SC

Pros

Wait almost a whole month to get payed.

Cons

Not having proper paper for employees.

This position allows me to represent a positive image and support community in public Safety environment and beyond.

Current Employee - Event Support Specialist/Public Safety in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Event Support Specialist/Public Safety in Chicago, IL

I have been working at International Security Management Group as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

I gain the experience of integrating with the Chicago Police Department when I am assigned to events such as The Taste of Chicago, and the Air and Water Show. I like taking part in the responsibility that comes with public safety, traffic control, and other critical functions associated with big events. I have learned much about Event Production Management, as I work alongside City of Chicago Management personnel, who trust that I perform the responsibilities, and communicate what needs to be improved upon with regard to flow of production, and functionality within the environment to public safety management team members. I also love the public relations involved with this work. A huge part of working in Public Safety is customer service and I take pride and responsibility to communicate with a positive demeanor.

Cons

Assignments are temporary and mostly short term. This is the only concern I have.

I would like to thank Management for their trust in me,allowing me to be a first point of contact in communication with management for The City of Chicago, and operations involved.

Do no apply poorly ran organization

Former Employee - Field Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Field Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Worked there almost 3 years, can not say there is a pro. I guess one some ways good other ways poor, unlikely to be fired. They will reduce your hours forcing you to quit.

Cons

No advancement opportunities, if you do a good job in current role afraid they might upset clients if you leave for better opportunity within the company. Half the area managers can not manage employee's and schedules for officers who work at AHH sites, and the trucking sites. These same area managers are not truthful with officers and upper management. Merit raises don't happen management thinks it is a lot giving a .25 cent increase if your lucky to get that. Many officers have never received a raise who has been there a year or more who do deserve one. Much more I can say to the cons unable to do say on here, let's just say the cons out weigh the pro's. Pay is not fairly done for same role, pay is determined by site, rovers do not get the same pay either no fair way to be paid.

V.P's and above, get out to the sites and talk to the security officers and field managers. You will find your area managers can't manage people and schedules are deceitful, and disrespectful. Conduct exit interviews with security officers yourself. Don't rely on what HR, branch and area managers tell you, they aren't being honest with you.

Run would give negative stars but can't.

I worked at International Security Management Group full-time

Pros

You get a regular check.

Cons

It was horrible. The management , directors and officers were petty and stupid. Health plan is a joke.

Please quit while you're ahead.

A great experience!

Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at International Security Management Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ISMG cares about it's people. From the first day interviewing I was made to feel like an individual, not a number. People knew my name, said hi, and welcomed me. I have been trained and have no trouble adjusting my schedule when needed. My pay is always right. All in all, it has been a great experience.

Cons

I have no issues that I can think of.

Sell more accounts and get bigger as fast as possible so more people can work for you, but when you get bigger, make sure to remember the officers like you do now.