International Speedway

Be The First To
Add Photos

International Speedway Vice Chair and CEO Lesa D. France Kennedy

Lesa D. France Kennedy

Great job aside from the low pay and strict rules

Contact Center Agent (Former Employee)

I worked at International Speedway full-time for less than a year

ProsWhile I worked there, management was great and understanding, getting bonuses every month, and if your into NASCAR the free tickets.

Consmy biggest challenge was the attendance policy because I relied on public transportation to get to and from work and I would arrive to work on time but would be late logging in because I have to run from the road down the long driveway to the office and then sign in to the computer and phones.

Advice to Senior ManagementI dont feel attendance should be based off what time you log into the computer and the phones. And you should also be flexible when people rely on the city bus that only runs on the hour

Unfortunate typical corporate greed environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at International Speedway full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHealth insurance and 401k if you can afford to contribute on what they pay

ConsThis was a good place to work many years ago but due to growth they have lost all of their values and have become a cold and uncaring employer only interested in profits and perks and bonuses for upper management at the cost of their lower level employees. Not enough compensation for the work load and responsibilities they demand. No matter how well or how long you have served they will terminate you per someone's whim in a heartbeat. Unequal and sometimes unfair practice of their policies. They market family entertainment yet could care less about their own employee's families. You will only succeed if you are good at office politics; not necessarily on how well you perform.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember how you got to be where you are today, don't forget about those who have contributed to your success. Stop "restructuring"; new faces won't make a difference if you treat the new faces the same way you treated the old faces, you are just creating instability and distrust among the remaining staff.

Long time ISC employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at International Speedway full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWork in Sports! Team atmosphere, Big Events and Big Exposure. Great Partners!

ConsVery Thick Glass Celling, Hard to move up, horrible budgets for merit increase. Sr. Management that doesn't value employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnow what your people bring to the table, not only what they cost to pay.

Upper Management Only Cares About Their Own Agenda

Agent (Current Employee)
Daytona Beach, FL

I have been working at International Speedway full-time for less than a year

ProsFree Tickets - occasional Travel. Got to learn a lot about NASCAR. The team leaders and the trainer care a ton about the overall success of the company.

ConsThe management team is cold and uncaring when it comes to the employees. One manager in particular would hold mistakes against you until you got fired or quit. The pay was unacceptably low considering what they ask you to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time at the call center to make sure your employees are treated with kindness not like children.

Cool company to work for but ridiculously high stress and low pay

Service Desk (Former Employee)

I worked at International Speedway full-time for less than a year

ProsFree race tickets, free sodas and coffee, the job itself wasnt bad overall, it was awesome being able to say you worked for the track. My pay was ok although my co workers made considerably less than i did.

ConsA lot of back stabbing, managers dont really care about their employees will sacrifice them in a heartbeat to make them look good. Overall VERY stressful work environment i wouldnt go back under any circumstances at this point.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within instead of going outside the company you might find someone better suited to managing people and getting the job done.

Enjoy all of the employees

I have been working at International Speedway

ProsEnjoy the entertainment factor of the job

ConsA lot of the thinking is still old school.

Motorsports

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at International Speedway

ProsThe work enviroment is fun and fast

ConsThey are fairly unstable and layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great

Its ok

Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at International Speedway

ProsNot a bad place to work. It has good 401k but who knows how long it will be around. Good sports to invest in.

ConsManagement is iffy. Long hours when traveling. ALot of hours put it so not much family time to spend. BLAH

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to your lwer level employees. Your sub company -"americrown" is ran horribly and no one even cares how its ran.

Worked for International Speedway? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Speedway reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for International Speedway CEO Lesa D. France Kennedy. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by International Speedway employees.