International Trade Centre

Updated Jun 17, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great place to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Geneva (Switzerland)

ProsYou work in an international and very friendly work environment. Open door policy. Co-workers are highly driven by the quest to achieve something good. Very inspiring place to work for.

ConsOpportunities to develop your skills are rather limited. You need to bring a fully developed skill-set with you when joining the organization. Sometimes it is bureaucratic and projects move slower than possible due to administrative requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementReduce the different levels of administrative procedure a project has to act according to, in order to speed up the implementation. Improve the integration of different sections to avoid duplications of efforts.

Bureacratic but interesting

ProsLots of travel, meeting interesting people from all corners of the world, working on development

ConsInefficient, slow, lots of office politics and a negative work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to build bridges between staff and senior management

Was bad, crap management has made it impossible

Senior Advisor (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful mandate, fascinating work to be done, incredible exposure to global issues.
    Lots of wonderful work to be done

ConsCrap management, horrible organizational climate, awful funding situation

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave and allow new blood, who know how to manage, come in and rescue the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning with responsibility

Intern (Former Employee) Geneva (Switzerland)

Proslearn, good overview on how a smaller UN organization works

ConsIt is very Bureaucratic and little employment opportunity after interning

Worked for International Trade Centre? Contribute to the Community!