Internet Brands Reviews

Reset
3.8
Internet Brands CEO Bob Brisco
Bob Brisco

Pros
  • You can expect a work/life balance unless you are a workaholic (in 11 reviews)

• chill work environment, casual dress, promotion opportunities (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is significantly below market average, leading to high turnover (in 11 reviews)

• Super low pay and not much of raise (in 11 reviews)

1. A Lot Of Responsibility

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun to learn about ad campaigns and display media. It's not something I thought I would ever work with, but have sorta found something I really like doing. Helps that the company is great, and everyone has helped me grow.

Cons

Admittedly, didn't come from an Internet background, but thought it would be easy enough. It's not quite as easy as it might seem, so first few months were challenging. Since then it's been great.

Advice to Management

My manager is pretty cool. Would always love more specific feedback.

2. Good company

Current Employee - PHP Developer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - PHP Developer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time

Pros

nice working environment, nice people

Cons

nothing particular, but compensation may be lower than similar companies

3. First Month = So Far So Good

Current Employee - Web Developer in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Web Developer in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here one month now. I was skeptical about making the change to PHP. So far so good. People are nice, my manager is laid back and I don't really have a set schedule. Sometimes it's challenging to keep up with the work, but I like my team.

Cons

Sometimes the daily stand ups get pushed up to 9:30. That's too early!

Advice to Management

Soda should be cheaper. Also, we should have a shower in the building, since many of us ride our bikes here.

5. Sales

Current Employee - Sales in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best sales environment I've worked in, hands down. No weekends, no boiler room mentality. Good product/service, makes selling easier than last job. Laid-back environment, wear your normal clothes every day.

Cons

Would be cool to have more lunches and stuff. Obviously, will always want more money, perks, benefits, but overall, happy here.

6. Growth, Stability and a Growing Culture

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Business Operations Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

For me, it's definitely been the growth and ability to work autonomously. It's an organization full of people who really know their stuff and are working in collaboration with one another. It's a bit no frills at times, which, if you've worked at other organizations that are all show and no substance, can be a bit shocking at first, but you grow to appreciate. At my last company, we had a lot of frivolous perks, which were great, but also found myself not making a direct impact and constantly worried about the stability of the organization. That is not the case at Internet Brands.

Cons

In the past, I would've said there is a lack of real culture here, but those concerns must've been heard, because over the past year or so, there has been a ton of improvement, including various company wide outings, and events throughout the year.

Advice to Management

Better equipment, including computers and printers, and overall insight into the organization's plans and acquisitions.

7. good company

Current Employee - Account Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

co-workers are smart and helpful environment is nice and office space is cool given a lot of responsibility and no micro-management fun events at office

Cons

teams kind of stick to themselves there could be more benefits and more pay better equipment, office supplies and stuff

8. Leery at first, but love it.

Current Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefit plans, healthy work/life balance, fun atmosphere, and great people. Admittedly, felt a vibe of "we've got the growth opportunities, come in and prove yourself." When you're looking at changing jobs, that prospect can be daunting and frightening. That said, I've come in, received promotions, increases, and all promises were delivered on. Looking back, appreciate IB's transparency and honesty. And, even more so, appreciate the path they've laid out for me.

Cons

The environment could be spruced up a bit more. It's a dot com, and I think in general you assume it to have a hipper, cooler, edge. However, I will say, perhaps this has been said before (I assume it has), because there are rumblings of some new office designs and such. This isn't on IB, but I'm so sick of Trimana and Flame Broiler, the only two food options in the building. When you go to Coffee Bean to get a $20 sandwich, you know you've run out of options.

9. Growth and Success

Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Coordinator in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time

Pros

Tons of room for growth here, and ample opportunity to learn. Everyone works together, shares knowledge. Staff is incredibly smart.

Cons

Very fast paced. If you can't handle it, it can be overwhelming.

Advice to Management

More training. More communication.

Making Progress

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been here almost 4 years and have seen the company grow a lot. It's had a lot of success and even got acquired again last year. There are always new opportunities to learn and grow here, and new business to work on or new products to launch. I've seen a lot of progress over the past year especially in trying to develop the next level of leaders in the company (including myself). With so many people here, it's hard to get it right with every single person that has potential, but I think the company is making progress in this area. Culturally, it feels like there's more focus on connecting the teams at some level. For instance, tonight we have a summer kick off at Rock & Brews where we'll get to hang out with more people that we wouldn't typically get to work with.

Cons

We still need more communication from senior leadership about what's happening in the company. They are very busy everyday, but it would be nice to hear from them more often, especially since there are so many new acquisitions and products we are launching. Also, more perks would be nice.

Advice to Management

Continue to cultivate good leadership, increase communication, offer more perks.

Great company to kick start career!

Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in El Segundo, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Product Manager in El Segundo, CA

I have been working at Internet Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is truly what you make of it. Easy to coast through but if you put in the work, you can get a lot of experience in a short period of time. I've learned so much during my time here.

Cons

On boarding is not great. Product team could be more collaborative rather than stay within each verticals. No 401k match.

RSS Feed </> Embed