Intersections

Add Photos

Intersections Chairman and CEO Michael R. Stanfield

Michael R. Stanfield

Contractors Beware

ProsI can't think of any.

ConsThey broke their written agreements and did not pay me.

Advice to Senior ManagementEnsure your senior IT managers pay their contractors.

Extremely stressful with unimaginable workload and total lack of respect

SQA (Former Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsClose to home, so no traffic issues.

Got to telecommute at times.

Less communication barriers when trying to acquire knowledge required for your day to day work.

Regular free food and useless parties.

ConsIncompetent Managers let senior team members bully the junior ones.

Favoritism and lack of respect for hard workers.

Too many sources to be sought help from to accomplish even little.

Senior Management never bothered to talk to employees and there were no skip level meetings, even if they were held, just as a formality only.

Uneven distribution of workload and information hoarding issues.

Nobody cared about process improvement no matter how much a few tried hard.

Complete lack of respect and trust among team members, which the management never bothered to address.

The list just goes on...

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is silly to say, but please care about your employees!

First step

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsNice place to work when starting your career. Work with some really intelligent people, always an opportunity to build something new.

ConsPay is below market average. Yearly increase is based on cost of living, not merit. Unable to move up in company unless you are friends with someone.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating employees like numbers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Experience was mediocre

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people I worked with were nice.

ConsSo much talk about upgrade, and so much planning, but zero execution. Worked for one of the worst managers you can ever imagine. Very unorganized, condescending, and just an overall horrible person. I wondered why I ever worked under those types of conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake better choices as to who you make a manager.

Good learning atmosphere for a couple of years. You are a moron if you stay any longer than that.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPotential to learn new technologies.
    Decent commute.

ConsPoor management and planning.
    Unnecessary computer restrictions in terms of what you can and cant do, can and cant use.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop yelling "fire" for every project coming down the pipe. Communicate more effectively with your employee's in terms of what the project plans are. Hire good project managers. Ask your employee's what their input is or suggestion for choosing X over Y.

Not the greatest work place, lots of favoritism from manager(s) to employees

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

Prosgood coworkers, mainly because management has a tendency to have favorite employees who get all the perks, everyone else (peons) have a common interest in that the management doesn't bother looking in their direction nor listen to their insights

Consmanagement favoritism, secret meeting among manangement, not much room for advancement except for the favorite employees

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to allow advancement amongst the department rather than single individuals, these individual gets more recognition and advancement in their career fields because you single them out and allow more exposure to technology. Everyone is only able to administrator their work rather than architect for the company

You are on your own: sink or swim.

ProsThe compensation package is OK.

ConsRampant favoritism, witness many ethnic jokes/slurs among staff and management. even though workforce is very diverse. Very little communication between management and workers despite many meetings. Huge learning curve, similarly tasked departments feuding, very little patience or training from management. Secretive, distrustful culture; contractors treated as pariahs

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to the plebians!

Employee review for one of the branch companies of Intersections.

ProsDecent benefits package, good amount of vacation time, and nice co-workers. You are not micro-managed, which is always nice. As long as you get your work done, you don't have anything to worry about.

ConsWe have been on mandatory overtime for months now, and everyone is completely burnt out. The pay is terrible for the work that we have to do, and on top of that they don't give any incentive for company loyalty. Communication between management and the employees is lacking sometimes. There is unfortunately some favoritism among management, and it makes it difficult, if not impossible, for employees to relay problems they are having with a particular individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people!!! We are stretched thin as it is, and once one of the few of us that are looking for new jobs is successful, it is only going to get worse for the people that are stuck there. I understand that changes are coming that are going to make the system better, yada yada yada, but after months with no improvement, its obvious to everyone that its not working.
    Also, showing some appreciation for all the work we are doing right now would make a huge difference in company morale. Something as simple as a company lunch would do wonders!

intersections

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chantilly, VA

ProsSeems like you can advance within the company, but it can take years.

ConsHours can be late and attendance is severely strict.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nicer and know the products as well.

Budget cuts, lack of business direction, no career growth, lousy pay

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsMost of the ppl are really nice to work with although there are some folk who have been there too long that are overly opinionated which ends up being a negative. There is a lot of work to keep you busy. Great from a commuting standpoint especially if you live in the Chantilly area. Mostly flexible management. HR has some fun events to keep the company morale high even though it is generally low.

ConsConfused Business leaders with a lot of verbal 'fluff' but no real direction on company prospects especially given that revenue has been on a constant decline for the past year. There is literally little to no career growth and no hierarchical structure. Very top heavy with managers but no solid training as individuals get promoted to these roles. Pay increases are negligible so try to get in with your upper salary range because don't expect much in terms of raises. Some of the folk who have been there over 6 years are difficult to deal with. They are a distraction as new executive management try to change the process of how things move from one phase to the next within IT. Overall I would not recommend this company to friends as the prospects are not looking good for this company given that we are competing against our own partners in the identity theft market. A lot of knowledgable folk are leaving the company which puts the company in a bigger predicament especially since they are not hiring due to budget cuts.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to ideas and stop pointing fingers. The blame game gets us nowhere. Also communicate with your employees about what the short term and long term goals are for the company. Morale is low because everything is discussed behind closed doors and there is no direction.

Worked for Intersections? Contribute to the Community!