Interstate Batteries
www.interstatebatteries.com Dallas, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Interstate Batteries Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Scott Miller

Great company, great values, that value their employees.

IT Support Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsInterstate Batteries is a very relaxed environment, where team members are important, family is important, works gets done, but fun is always just around the corner. Benefits are very good and affordable.

ConsSometimes it can seem like their a couple too many bosses and not enough workers. Sometimes best practices should be implemented instead of what works or has always been done.

Not All Locations Are Equal

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCorporate initiatives are uplifting and encouraging. It is evident that at the executive level this company really does care about the character and success of each employee.

ConsUnfortunately corporate initiatives are not always embraced at the individual locations. The result can be very deflating for employees at one of these locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at those locations that seem to constantly challenge corporate policies and complain about any new corporate initiatives. Their concerns may be valid and perhaps clarification of corporate decisions may resolve the conflicts, or maybe they do not agree with the corporate vision. If the latter, perhaps a parting of ways is necessary.

IABC Orlando and Daytona Beach

Sales (Current Employee)
    Daytona Beach, FL

ProsLove the people and the stories. The customers and their stories are great, but you have to be inviting and open. It allowed me to get to know vehicles and keep working on them after being laid off from the automotive industry during the crash. Work environments are small and everyone seems to get along, as long as you work hard.

ConsManagement takes on a lot of responsibilities and people don't often stay long enough to help take over those responsibilities. The new computer system we waited years for is still substandard.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor my store manager, keep it up, you're doing great.
    To corporate, you need to be more accommodating to franchises that have both IBS and IABC. The way you price things just to go from one side of the counter to the other is transparent and wrong.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Does not live up biblical values

IT Engineer (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsGreat benefits, good co-workers, casual dress, good funding for things that you needed.

ConsThis company claims to be a "Christian" company and follow biblical values. As a Christ follower I can tell you that the way they operate is offensive and completely contradictory to the bible. The only thing this company cares about is making more money. Working under their leadership that was constantly chasing the next opportunity to make money was one of the most stressful experiences of my life.

Everyone in the IT department was stressed all the time. They expect their employees in IT to work 60+ hour weeks on an ongoing basis, jumping from one crisis to another. Quite often they would bring people in a room and not let them out until the issue was resolved. Most of the time these issues were not critical and it would be 10pm at night when everyone was allowed to leave.

This place sets such a bad example for Christianity that I worry the impact it has on non-believers would be that the outrageous hypocrisy would turn them away from Christ. All of the “secular” companies I have worked for in my career were better than Interstate.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow biblical principles. Here are a few -

Proverbs 23:4 - Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.

Matthew 6:24 - No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Ecclesiastes 5:10-12 - Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with their income. This too is meaningless. As goods increase, so do those who consume them. And what benefit are they to the owners except to feast their eyes on them? The sleep of a laborer is sweet, whether they eat little or much, but as for the rich, their abundance permits them no sleep.

Possibly one of the most enjoyable times I've had working a summer job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople there are fun to work with. Very family oriented (If you know someone who works there you have a better chance of a job there). More likely to hire younger workers either just out of high school or currently in college.

ConsDepending on location can be boring. Prefers to hire younger workers. Can be physically demanding at times (Batteries are heavy!). More likely to hire younger workers either just out of high school or currently in college.

Very positive.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoyed the work-life balance and the upper management.

ConsI have nothing negative to say about the company.

Leadership not great

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    Overland Park, KS

ProsGood benefits. Good coworkers. Worked at store in Overland Park

ConsSilly decisions from Dallas. Constantly rearranging store looks. The store still closed down

Can be a good place to work

Dallas, TX

ProsRelaxed dress code; talent not deep so you have to opportunity to stand out; fun company events; financially stable

ConsInternal politics more prevalent than ever; high performance not as valued as fitting in; legacy leadership and many in leadership roles that do not have career experience in those disciplines

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to put more of a premium on high performance versus politics of fitting in; servant leadership is not just a term...serving is performance managing the team to reach their best. Put some leaders in place that have career experience in those disciplines, not just those in political favor. And, keep up the team building and fun events, they're well received and morale boosters.

Very nice company

IT Support Analyst (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe company had great structure and beliefs

ConsNot all departments believed in the EEO status, training available to only certain people

Advice to Senior ManagementFamiliarize itself with all departments, the people in control of those departments and how 'all' employees were treated.

Not bad.

Quality Analyst (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsFriendly relaxed environment. Benefit package is not bad compare to many other companies. Bonus system.

ConsOpportunities in Quality Control position are limited. The pay is just ok.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many management changes in a short time.

Worked for Interstate Batteries? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interstate Batteries reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Interstate Batteries CEO Scott Miller . All 50 reviews posted anonymously by Interstate Batteries employees.