Interstate Blood Bank

Plasma center

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Interstate Blood Bank

Pros

Great benefits..... 2 weeks paid vaca after a year...... Good insurance benefits the company pays part of your monthly insurance so it ends up being about 40$ a month for single people.

Cons

Short staff most of the time...... When people call off management doesn't come on the floor to help most of the time...... They really do not care about their employees from what I have seen....... It's hard to keep a full staff buzz people can't handle it and quit...... By the way the pay benefits suck........ U get at the most a 30 cent raise every year

Be more understanding of the employees and more compassionate..... When a company makes there employees feel like they don't care no one wants to work for them.

Don't expect too much!

Former Employee - Center Manager  in  Kenosha, WI
    Former Employee - Center Manager in Kenosha, WI

I worked at Interstate Blood Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work-life balance. Only when you not on call.

Cons

Don't expect too much for a family run company. Terrible benefits, not much of pay package for upper level or even lower level workers.

You have to do more for the employees, especially the lower level workers, and compensate for the hard work of the management accordingly. Cheapskate!

If You're Not in the "clique", you're targeted

Former Employee - A/P Clerk
    Former Employee - A/P Clerk

I worked at Interstate Blood Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Dependable 40 hours a week at a fair rate of pay, excellent and inexpensive benefits, generally nice people, and a company that does something meaningful to mankind.

Cons

Petty managers, cliques and too much socializing between managers and some employees, unresponsive bosses (executive level) to problems with managers, family-owned business in which, much to my surprise, there is little regard for others' families. Expectations of perfection in all things, and even when you hit the mark, there is no gratitude or recognition. Hit it once, and you're expected to never miss it again. Unreasonable expectations, unless you're on the good side of the manager over you. Then she will fix your mistakes and cover for you before her boss sees them.

Why bother? You won't listen anyway.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible

Current Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Phlebotomist in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Interstate Blood Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great coworkers management does not care about us. So its nice to have good coworkers

Cons

Pay is terrible. Too much work for little pay. Management sucks. Very lazy. Cant be sick. Do not work here

Pay the money that we deserve

Ridiculous.

Current Employee - Donor Processor
    Current Employee - Donor Processor

I have been working at Interstate Blood Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

The employees below management. They motivate each other to get the job done.

Cons

There's people who have worked there for over 5 years & never received the raises as promised. Poor communication. Horrible management.

Get new ones

Good cause, Terrible Company

Former Employee - Phlebotomist  in  Madison, WI
    Former Employee - Phlebotomist in Madison, WI

I worked at Interstate Blood Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great experience and hands on training if you are looking to enter into the field of biotechnology, nursing, or PA
    -Plenty of opportunities for advancement, in the beginning
    -Flexible scheduling/ Great work/life balance
    -Get the opportunity to work one on one with donors and develop a relationship with them

Cons

-Extreme lack of proper training for staff. While I worked there we had a large boom of donors, management chose to rapidly hire several people and did not put them through the proper training. This resulted in several employees engaging in inappropriate and dangerous behavior.
    -While there are several internal and external audits, management continually oversees that only certain employees are engaged with the auditors. This results in a false representation of the company.
    -There was several times when I overheard management use abusive language and threats to other employees. Upper management segregates themselves from employees, creating a workplace full of tension and anger.
    -Management will encourage you to take on more responsibility and urge you in training for other positions but will fail to recognize or promote good work. During my time there, several great employees left after being promised pay raises continually and never received them.

-Take the time to train new employees properly. Donating plasma is such a great cause but because of this company it is getting a severely negative report due to improper techniques. I have plenty of donors improperly treated and hurt.

Great Benifits, Hard Work.

Current Employee - Donor Processing  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Donor Processing in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Interstate Blood Bank

Pros

Great pay and benifits especially for student.

Cons

Misscommuncation, and unprofessional attitudes. Need more respect towards employees

Hire more qulified employees. Understaffed

interstate blood bank

I have been working at Interstate Blood Bank

Pros

flexible hours, holiday double pay, interesting travel places, bi-weekly pay, holidays off, learn a needed skill, learn about blood banks

Cons

sometimes blood drives will leave early in the morning; sometimes drives last a long time, lots of guidelines to follow

You should work on making more time for employees to spend with their families, and giving employees more rewards for doing good work

Great job, not enough pay

Current Employee - Training Coordinator
    Current Employee - Training Coordinator

I have been working at Interstate Blood Bank

Pros

Great job , very detail oriented.

Cons

No work life balance, no sick days, on personal days, and only 2 wks vacation no matter how many years you work there.

Don't micro manage, and promote work life balance.

Worked for Interstate Blood Bank? Contribute to the Community!