Interstate Companies

Updated July 17, 2014
2.5

Jeff Caswell
1 Rating

Interstate has a excellent work environment.

I worked at Interstate Companies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You are always encoursged to take on more resposibility.

Cons

Pay raises are tough to come by.

Need to create a more comprehensive job desciption for employees.

Recent workplace review

I worked at Interstate Companies

Pros

Company who values their employees, promotes within, and offers a good life to work balance

Cons

Terrible work place benefits (medical dental, ect).

Things to consider before you apply at I-State Truck center

Current Employee - Mechanic in Blaine, MN
    Current Employee - Mechanic in Blaine, MN

I have been working at Interstate Companies

Pros

They are willing to train you and give you the tools for you to keep yourself current on product knowledge. The Techs are knowledgeable and good guys to know. they are willing to be flexible with work schedules.

Cons

Since they broke the Union at the shop they will not give any wage increases. The company will not buy all the needed tooling to do the jobs correctly or safely. IE: we do not have any working floor jacks or a properly ventilated shop. This company is not about taking care of its employees its about taking care of management and their own pockets. They also push times to the point that if you do not achieve the allotted time they gave you you are written up. The times are based off of warranty time a rarely do they take real life look at the job to bid it correctly. On top of it most of us here at the shop are not getting our 40hrs. They bring you in just to send you home right away.

Take care of the employees that is who makes the company go day to day. Management is there just to help guide it along not cut down the employees. Don't micro manage and you need to realize there is a difference between the engine side of the industry and the total repair side of things. The percentages presented are are majority of the time unrealistic and that has several factor the warranty times are skewed and majority of the people doing the job bidding have no hands on experience which causes them to under bid jobs a lot of the time