Interstate Hotels

www.interstatehotels.com

Interstate Hotels Reviews in New Orleans, LA

Jim Abrahamson

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Plenty of room for advancement...if you have the patience.

Night Manager (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsThis position was great for building independend management skills. In every shift, I filled the role of MOD over the entire property allowing me some input on the overall operations of the property.
    Plenty of room for advancement.
    Laid-back working environment.
    Some great benefits (room discounts, insurance, etc.).
    Advancement not based on seniority.

ConsEveryone seems to have their own way of doing things, with no consistency in methods or procedure.
    Lower level employees don't seem to be held accountable for very much. Accountability varies widely from manager to manager.
    I am hourly, but sometimes feel treated as though I am salary, often receiving phone calls while I am not on te clock. I am also not typically allowed weekends or any special events off. This is something that I was told after already starting the job, but would have been nice to have been told during the interview process.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn reference to the property I worked at, in order become the property it strives toward the hotel needs to make some wide-sweeping changes to proceedure and require more consistency with the way its employees function.

Worked for Interstate Hotels? Contribute to the Community!