Intertech (Minnesota)

Updated May 5, 2014
5.0

Intertech (Minnesota) President and CEO Tom Salonek
Tom Salonek

One of those places you work hard to find and don't leave once you do.

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

Been around the block with technical firms and this one is a keeper. Very positive and encouraging environment from peers and management with great reputation for doing the exciting and challenging work -- not just anything that comes along. The company works hard to treat employees and families very well. Constantly trying to improve the way it does things. Nice diversity of opportunity from training to the various technologies.

Cons

Need to be a self-starter, and because a fairly flat organization, don't expect to spend the first week with formal training in human resource department doing diversity training.

Stay agile and capitalize on successes.

May 21, 2014Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our firm. It's great to see this feedback and encouragement to continue on our current path.

Perennial best place to work

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, 2-month sabbatical every seven years, leadership that puts people ahead of $'s. Management is always approachable and no problem is too small to ignore. Intertech is all about work-life balance, which has been confirmed by numerous awards such as being voted to “Great Places to Work” for the past 7 years in a row. As a consulting and training firm, there are all sorts of opportunity to expand your skills and exercise them.

Cons

A number of consulting projects have been government focused which don’t always lend themselves to getting into hot technologies.

May 21, 2014Partner

We appreciate the time you took to provide this feedback. Also, we appreciate your flexibility on various client engagements. Please continue to provide us feedback on how we can continue to ... More

The best management I have experienced in my 45 years of technology work!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) for more than 10 years

Pros

We are all comfortable about talking to each other and with our leaders about anything. And we are listened to! As a consultant, I have great access to the training products that Intertech offers.

Cons

Intertech only hires top quality people. We all want to stay that way as technology continues to evolve.

Continue what you are already doing so well! Keep communicating on what is happening here.

May 21, 2014Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the firm you are helping us build. We are fortunate to have a solid team that share our mission & vision for the future.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working for a leadership team with great vision, integrity, and share my values. The company allows me flexibility, are very supportive, and provide me and my family with tremendous opportunities (not to mention unique perks such as three month paid sabbatical every seven years). Intertech has exceeded my expectations in terms of environment, culture, work\life balance, and financial stability. I'm proud to be affiliated with Intertech.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a single con, other than possibly wishing the office was a little closer to my home.

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue being supportive and loyal to your employees.

May 21, 2014Partner

We're lucky to have been able to build such a tremendous team over the years. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with others who may be looking for such an environment. We're proud to have you ... More

Best company I have worked for in my career!

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than a year

Pros

The CEO and my manager are always asking how they can improve things for the company. They also always ask for things they can personally do to help me to succeed in my job role. Very competitive pay and always fun activities for employees from Friday grill outs, to company sponsored golf outings, to great year end parties!

Cons

I have been here for a little over a year now and still have not found 1 negative thing I can think of. I also have never heard 1 negative comment about anyone the entire time I have been here.

Keep doing what you are doing and thanks for creating a great working environment for all!

May 21, 2014Partner

First, thank you for being a part of our team, and we're flattered by your feedback. We hope to keep exceeding your expectations. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

As close to my version of a perfect job as I will ever find.

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Diverse projects, excellent coworkers, outstanding management and great corporate values. At Intertech I have worked in a wide range of technologies in a wide range of businesses solving a wide range of problems. That keeps things fresh and is exactly what I want to be doing.

Cons

The software development field is a constantly evolving industry. Technology comes and technology disappears quickly. It takes hard work and dedication to stay on top of technology. This is not unique to Intertech. In fact Intertech helps us keep up on technology by requiring all of us to take a week each year for education and supports certification efforts with a monetary reward.

Keep doing what you are doing. From the open door policy, the monthly business update, the quarterly get together, and to the annual town hall meeting you keep us informed and give us opportunities to participate in keeping Intertech successful.

May 21, 2014Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Glassdoor. You're absolutely correct on the pace of change in our industry, at the same time that is what make it exciting. Glad to hear you appreciate the ... More

The best employer I've had In my 20+ year career!

Current Employee - Senior Instructor  in  Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Instructor in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Welcoming and knowledgeable peers. Management is fantastic: strong commitment to work-life balance, truly listens to and considers ideas/feedback from staff. Above average compensation, bonuses, and frequent recognition / rewards for exceptional work. Fantastic projects and clients. I hope to retire here!

Cons

Intertech provides the best because they expect the best. This is one of the more selective employers I've ever worked for (and thus, it's harder to get a job here than it may be at other companies).

Management is frequently soliciting feedback (this includes a yearly "town hall" where questions and feedback are aggregated from the team and submitted to management). This is the first company I've worked for that has been so receptive to new ideas from those outside of management. So, my only advice is to continue with this practice and attitude.

May 21, 2014Partner

We hope you retire here as well!! We appreciate your sharing your feedback, and hope it will encourage others like yourself to consider joining our firm. We're very proud of our team and what they ... More

Awesome Company

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Intertech has been a great place for me personally. Their culture is very positive and rewarding for us techincal folks. We get to work on great projects always doing new & different things that what I was used to in a corp IT dept. I get to learn a lot about our clients businesses, and see how the work I do for them makes a difference in their business. Also we have won a ton of "best places to work" type awards from different sources, which is what caught my attention, and now I see why. I would encourage anyone to give them serious consideration.

Cons

You must be a motivated person to keep your skills current and be naturally curious & passionate about technology. If not, this may not be the best place for you. If so, you'll love it.

Continue to give us opportunities to grow our skills and branch out into new areas as well as ways for use to demonstrate our knowledge & experience (blogs and speaking have been great way for me to do this). Keep doing what you're doing, it's why I love it and stay.

May 21, 2014Partner

It's great to hear you enjoy getting to solve different business challenges for our clients. We agree that a certain amount of passion is required to do this job, but for those that are, this is a ... More

Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They have been voted by multiple publications as a "Best Place to Work".
    They listen to employees, host yearly town hall event to gather employee feedback on the business and incorporate the feedback into their business planning and let us know what they will do from the list and what they won't be and WHY.
    Coworkers are all very competent and approachable.
    Use technologies to keep us connect to each other even if we are dispersed at client sites
    Monthly meetings to update us on the business
    Events a couple times a year to get everyone together face to face and stay connected
    In my experience, always willing to listen to feedback
    Sane management
    Support us in our development and removing roadblock or hassles for us or our customers.
    We get to work on cool projects, clients trust/respect us

Cons

Wish it was closer to home
    If you do a lot of work from client location, harder to stay connected (vs. working in a more corp environment)
    Really need to keep your skills current with where the market is and where it is headed.

Continue to do what you have been, you seem to have a winning recipe.

May 21, 2014Partner

Thank you for you 10yrs of service to Intertech and our clients. We look forward to your next 10yrs with us!! Time to start planning your next sabbatical!

Intertech (Minnesota) Photos

Worked for Intertech (Minnesota)? Contribute to the Community!