Intertech (Minnesota) Reviews

Reset
4.9
Intertech (Minnesota) President and CEO Tom Salonek
Tom Salonek

1. A unique combination of very seasoned consultants, fresh approaches and a cohesive team.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work where people matter and can all make a difference. The majority of the consultants have years of experience delivering software and advising on many different levels of technology, process and relationships. There are several times a year we get together as a firm to talk about our shared experiences and what we are looking to accomplish this year. These gatherings reduce the feel of being out there alone in the work world, very family oriented feel.

Cons

Like many consulting firms, you don't always get to pick the location of your client work. Intertech makes an effort to consider the commute for a consultant and it is a occupational hazard to not know where your next project will be geographically located. Consulting offers variety and this is just one of those areas...not bad - just something to be aware that everyone's commute will change during the course of things.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work with communication and creating a community feel within the organization!! You're efforts aren't missed even though there are times I can't attend functions due to "real life" - the best thing is I know that you know everyone has a "real life" too.

2. Best Company I've worked for EVER!!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great coworkers who are passionate about their profession and keep current. Employees who are willing to share their knowledge & expertise with me, which make me look good to my clients. They are very open with how they manage the company and how we are doing. I feel know where I fit in and how I can contribute to the firm

Cons

You have to be serious about keeping your skills current and looking to where the market trends are going. Not a big issue for me since I like this, but I could see for some folks this is more than they may want to take on.

Advice to Management

You have a winning formula, keep it up.

Apr 16, 2015 – Senior Marketing Director

Thanks for taking the time to provide a review for us! You're absolutely right - being passionate about our profession, collaboration, and a desire to stay ahead of the curve are qualities we look ... More

3. MIS Operations Manager

Current Employee - MIS Operations Manager in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - MIS Operations Manager in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great coworkers and owners. Can't stress now nice it is to look forward to going to work. We have a great work life balance with the ability to work from home on demand., 3-month sabbatical for every 7 years of service is really unique.

Cons

Upward advancement can be a challenge since it's a smaller company.

Advice to Management

Keep focused on growth. It's a continual challenge to find people that fit our company. A strong focus on hiring is the only thing limiting our ability to bring in more clients.

Apr 16, 2015 – Senior Marketing Director

We appreciate you taking the time to provide a review - thank you! It's great to hear the passion and enthusiasm for working at Intertech.

5. Great Company with Great People

Current Employee - Senior Director of Marketing in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Director of Marketing in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Intertech for a little over six months and have to say that I'm ecstatic to have landed in such a great spot. The culture and people are very supportive and great to work with. People genuinely enjoy working here and it shows in the quality work from dedicated employees. The work environment is flexible and accommodating to the employee with work from home options, sabbaticals, and signing bonuses to set up home offices.

Cons

Having been here less than a year at this point, I've not come across any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep up the solid communication and flexible work environment.

One of those places you work hard to find and don't leave once you do.

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time

Pros

Been around the block with technical firms and this one is a keeper. Very positive and encouraging environment from peers and management with great reputation for doing the exciting and challenging work -- not just anything that comes along. The company works hard to treat employees and families very well. Constantly trying to improve the way it does things. Nice diversity of opportunity from training to the various technologies.

Cons

Need to be a self-starter, and because a fairly flat organization, don't expect to spend the first week with formal training in human resource department doing diversity training.

Advice to Management

Stay agile and capitalize on successes.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on our firm. It's great to see this feedback and encouragement to continue on our current path.

Perennial best place to work

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits, 2-month sabbatical every seven years, leadership that puts people ahead of $'s. Management is always approachable and no problem is too small to ignore. Intertech is all about work-life balance, which has been confirmed by numerous awards such as being voted to “Great Places to Work” for the past 7 years in a row. As a consulting and training firm, there are all sorts of opportunity to expand your skills and exercise them.

Cons

A number of consulting projects have been government focused which don’t always lend themselves to getting into hot technologies.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

We appreciate the time you took to provide this feedback. Also, we appreciate your flexibility on various client engagements. Please continue to provide us feedback on how we can continue to ... More

The best management I have experienced in my 45 years of technology work!

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Software Development Engineer in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) (More than 10 years)

Pros

We are all comfortable about talking to each other and with our leaders about anything. And we are listened to! As a consultant, I have great access to the training products that Intertech offers.

Cons

Intertech only hires top quality people. We all want to stay that way as technology continues to evolve.

Advice to Management

Continue what you are already doing so well! Keep communicating on what is happening here.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the firm you are helping us build. We are fortunate to have a solid team that share our mission & vision for the future.

Great Company

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working for a leadership team with great vision, integrity, and share my values. The company allows me flexibility, are very supportive, and provide me and my family with tremendous opportunities (not to mention unique perks such as three month paid sabbatical every seven years). Intertech has exceeded my expectations in terms of environment, culture, work\life balance, and financial stability. I'm proud to be affiliated with Intertech.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of a single con, other than possibly wishing the office was a little closer to my home.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Continue being supportive and loyal to your employees.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

We're lucky to have been able to build such a tremendous team over the years. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with others who may be looking for such an environment. We're proud to have you ... More

As close to my version of a perfect job as I will ever find.

Current Employee - Consultant in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Diverse projects, excellent coworkers, outstanding management and great corporate values. At Intertech I have worked in a wide range of technologies in a wide range of businesses solving a wide range of problems. That keeps things fresh and is exactly what I want to be doing.

Cons

The software development field is a constantly evolving industry. Technology comes and technology disappears quickly. It takes hard work and dedication to stay on top of technology. This is not unique to Intertech. In fact Intertech helps us keep up on technology by requiring all of us to take a week each year for education and supports certification efforts with a monetary reward.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. From the open door policy, the monthly business update, the quarterly get together, and to the annual town hall meeting you keep us informed and give us opportunities to participate in keeping Intertech successful.

May 21, 2014 – Partner

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Glassdoor. You're absolutely correct on the pace of change in our industry, at the same time that is what make it exciting. Glad to hear you appreciate the ... More

Best company I have worked for in my career!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Intertech (Minnesota) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO and my manager are always asking how they can improve things for the company. They also always ask for things they can personally do to help me to succeed in my job role. Very competitive pay and always fun activities for employees from Friday grill outs, to company sponsored golf outings, to great year end parties!

Cons

I have been here for a little over a year now and still have not found 1 negative thing I can think of. I also have never heard 1 negative comment about anyone the entire time I have been here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and thanks for creating a great working environment for all!

May 21, 2014 – Partner

First, thank you for being a part of our team, and we're flattered by your feedback. We hope to keep exceeding your expectations. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

RSS Feed </> Embed