Intertek Reviews

Updated October 8, 2014
2.9

Intertek CEO Wolfhart Hauser
Wolfhart Hauser

Pros
  • Intertek overall is a terrific company with great people (in 4 reviews)

• Massive, growing, profitable company, some nice people on the coal face (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • I was denied a request to work fewer hours to improve my work/life balance (in 5 reviews)

• There is no communication from management, decisions are constantly made without consultation and schemes are often introduced with no notice given (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

It's ok

I have been working at Intertek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice staff, really friendly atmosphere

Cons

No career growth, most likely will be doing the same for the rest of your life

A great place to work

Former Employee - Team Leader - Toys and Customer Service in Leicester, England (UK)

I worked at Intertek full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I was really lucky and had the oportunity from the very begining to create the role into what I wanted it to be. My role was so varied from really focussed customer delivery, visits to new, exisiting and potential clients all the through to supporting my thirst to learn more from a technical perspective.

Cons

With the greatest of respect, some really technical people aren't necessarily great people people (and this remains true even in my job with a different company). Many of the senior colleagues in the business were there (both internal promotions and externally bought in) for technical expertise rather than leadership which was sometimes a miss. The approach at that time to HR issues were a little more generous than other employers. The MD I had when I left was pretty awesome guy though - completely about people.

Look to how you can inspire the team through leadership and possibilities rather than a pure technicain viewpoint. I only left because succession opportunities were limited due to my need to be based in the Midlands - it was such a hard decision to leave and I do still miss it there.

Great atmosphere

Former Employee - Science in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Science in Manchester, England (UK)

I worked at Intertek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The team was great and everyone was really friendly and supportive. We were busy most of the time but I have never felt rushed or stressed, there was always a minute to have a quick chat with colleagues or have a laugh. The job was quite varied and if you were up for some challenges or trying out smth new, you could have a chance to do so. It was great that we could come and leave any time considering we do our 40 hours a week (but hours could also go over to future weeks).

Cons

The salary wasn't high enough comparing to similar roles in other companies. There were no bonuses to motivate employees, there were no benefits.

Increase the salaries, Introduce benefits and bonuses for better motivation

Intertek - I.T.

Current Employee - Software Developer
    Current Employee - Software Developer

I have been working at Intertek full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are not stuck working the same thing over and over. You get to work on different projects and try new things. The company will provide training that is needed and takes great care of the employees. Also have a big group that you can reach out.

Cons

Sometimes you are thrown onto a project that you don't know anything about and they expect you to handle it like you've been working on it for a while. Not too bad, but does offer some challenges. Also, the timelines are sometimes too quick. You are expected to get 2 weeks of work done in 1 week.

Just know that work done is fast, cheap and has good quality: pick two. You cannot have all three.

Great company to work for with an incredible outlook and growth opportunities!

Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at Intertek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company is quickly acquiring small to medium businesses which makes for a challenging environment, full of opportunities. Good ideas are always heard by management. Usually work on multiple projects at a time, thus keeping things interesting. Accomplishments reflect pay. Great work environment, co-workers are fun and motivated.

Cons

Not the type of place for someone without initiative. Training philosophy is more 'on-the-job learning' rather than formal classroom.

Implement more programs to promote interaction between Intertek branches.

Intertek - New Employee

Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Lake Forest, CA
    Current Employee - Electrical Engineer in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Intertek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, Great Benefits, room for growth, challenging work, get to test new products, learn a wide variety of technology.

Cons

If you don't like report writing, this job is not for you

Recruit good talent.

Looking forward to growing with Intertek!

Current Employee - Business Administration Specialist in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Business Administration Specialist in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Intertek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Intertek is a very large company giving employees many opportunities for growth. They encourage learning and even continuing your education. Benefits and pay were on point!

Cons

I have not been with Intertek long enough to really see any cracks in the system; However, the IT ticketing process can be improved to ensure timely results.

Review the IT ticketing process.

Given every opportunity to succeed

Current Employee - Sustainability in Kentwood, MI
    Current Employee - Sustainability in Kentwood, MI

I have been working at Intertek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great for entrepreneurial minded people who are team oriented
    Great clients to work with
    Hard work and dedication is recognized and rewarded
    Above average pay and reward system

Cons

There are negative people in every company, especially companies this large so navigate around them and succeed.

Pay attention to new forms of employee engagement opportunities and continue to coach employees to their passions. In such a large company our employee's dream job exists already within our structure.......make sure your helping your employees get there, in turn creating a pathway for more successful candidates. Positivity is cyclical

Excellent Growing Company

I have been working at Intertek full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. Quickly growing and expanding company. Profitable company.

Cons

Has some growing pains that they are going through but there is some great management working through all this.

Keep moving forward with plans to improve and develop talent within.

rating

Current Employee - Testing Engineer in Hyderābād (India)
    Current Employee - Testing Engineer in Hyderābād (India)

I have been working at Intertek full-time (less than an year)

Pros

its a good company,which give lots of support to employees.

Cons

less projects,so trying for new projects

no advices